Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op can't do all liquid diet. Anyone else do okay on soft foods?

Try a different shake.. go get several samples. I hated the Premier Protein shakes..

My advice is to follow your doctor/NUT directions to a T...that will help ensure your long term success.

My surgeon was very progressive on introducing real food immediately, but my local doctor whom I entrusted with my follow up care was not. I actually had to "regress" when I got home and follow her diet which meant going back on liquids. Just because another patient's doctor allows them to introduce "real food" immediately after surgery, doesn't mean you should.

exactly

I'm on day seven post-op and and I'm not following my diet but I sure wouldn't take he chance and eat regular food! I made sugar free pudding, chewed up pineapple for the texture and juice and spit it out!

I'm dying to eat food, good old yummy regular food, but I will not!

I did buy some Soup from Chinese place and just drank the liquid! If you have cravings or what not venture out in different ways with out eating solid food! It helps me!

I'm 11 days post op, I ate some questionable food and made myself sick. I've chewed and spit but inevitably some food has gone down and again, I made myself sick. It has been a real struggle, and as many others have said I didn't get to the point of WLS surgery because I knew how to control myself. I'm eating a lot of Soup right now. I don't purée it, I make sure if it has distinct pieces to chew rigorously. I ate an egg 9 days post op and tolerated it well. I dunno, it's not an exact science, and my DR was sort of like ice chips first day, liquids next few, then start out slowly with what you can tolerate. Admittedly, I have both staples and sutures. Good luck!

My surgeon did a good job of scaring me. Repeatedly telling me stories of people who ate solid food to soon and got something stuck or caused a leak...meaning surgery and a hospital stay that could last 3 months. Like someone else said, just because you didn't get sick from it at the time doesn't mean it won't cause problems in the future. I was on Clear Liquids for 5 days, am in the middle of 5 weeks on full liquids. I hope everything works out for you!

Am on the same boat. Today am 1week post op. I just can't do the same foods over and over; had to do a 2week liquid diet to start and am really just over it, ready for soft or purée foods!!

I feel like I can't eat real food ever. I'm only one day out though.

Guys, everything you're feeling is normal. It's also such a short time in the grand scheme of things. Two months from now, this stage will be a blip on the radar and you will have lost some weight, almost be eating normal food, and will be feeling pretty good.

And months down the road from that, you may even resort to going BACK to liquids just to jump start stalled weight loss. Happens all the time.

Oh the irony....

I understand how much it sucks. I was sleeved on 4/29. My surgeon has me in the puréed stage for the next 4 weeks. Tonight I made Everyday Paleo's crockpot creamy Tomato chicken Soup. I put my 1/4 cup serving in the blender with some broth and puréed the crap out of it. It tasted so good! I didn't feel deprived and my family enjoyed it. Hang in there....we can do this!!

Me neither I have no interest for solids none! I am 3 days post op and had sautéed broccoli with garlic and shallots, blended until broth consistency, I had avocado cream, that had cilantro, lime, shallot , blended with broth until broth consistency, I had gazpacho Soup, which consists in cucumber, olive oil, garlic, green bell pepper and Tomato, blended until it's broth consistency as well.

I am actually having fun with these recipes and very little makes me feel satisfied!

I actually don't care for solids at all!

Tomorrow trying roasted cauliflower with cumin and chicken broth! Blended until it's a broth!

I bought the ninja thing before surgery and I think was my best buy!!!

Yeah i totally drank a shake at 5 days post op, soft food at 8, soft solids (ground beef or turkey, deli meat, ect) at 2 weeks, full solid at 4. I chewed like there was no tomorrow. I did have some pain from to big of bites. Now I'm right on target, eating about 1/2 to 3/4 cup per meal. But i should tell you... follow drs orders!

Stick to the liquids!!! I know it's miserable but that's part of it! Don't eat real food until your pouch has healed! Listen to your NUT. Follow instructions exactly! Don't deviate!

Well count me in to the "by the book" team. I am 5 days post-op and doing my best to meet each requirement. I am on full liquids and honestly I can't tolerate much other than Water and Isopure. I am just starting to be able to take 3 oz of Soup our yougurt.

I am not quite up to where I should be with all my Water and Protein but my doc said it would take a while.

I am going to follow all the rules and hope to have a good recovery. This surgery is my chance, I don't want to mess it up because I think I know better.

the mams