Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New commitment.

Stephanie, meet your lap band. Lap band, meet Stephanie. Now that I've re-introduced myself to my lap band I'm starting over and I mean from the beginning. I was banded December 2013 and I've lost 65 lbs with about that much to go. I'm a night shift nurse and work 3-5 12 hour shifts a week with almost no time to exercise. And everyone knows when you're up all night working all you do is eat! I try to make healthy choices but when it's busy and it usually is there's no way to sit down and take my time for a satisfying meal. So I snack a little and then of course I'm hungry 2 hours later and drinking a gallon of Water when there's no time to pee is out of the question. So I'm going to make an effort to increase fluids and decrease snacking. Going back to my pre op diet of 2 Protein Shakes and a healthy high Protein low carb meal every day for 2 weeks to reset myself. Wish me luck!

Good luck. You can do it. The band is waiting to help. I had to refocus as well. I've been stagnant with weight loss for five months and even started to gain. That got my attention. I recently gave up wine and my favorite carby Thai comfort food, and the scale has started to move again.

It's not easy, but I've found my motivation again. Staying connected here helps me a lot. The beauty of WLS is that we can succeed if we put the work into it. Before WLS I would try and then fail over and over again. It was so demoralizing.

Let's do this thing!

Good luck Stephanie

Your path may not be straight and easy, but you can be successful living at a smaller size.

Lots of help and great people and advice here if you seek it out...

Hope you recommit truly and start seeing the scale go down .

I keep reading Protein, exercise and Water helps many, myself included... Not always easy, but as a long term bander I have faith in the process

Best to you and keep posting????

Go Stephanie go! Spring/summer is a great time to regroup and get to your next goal. Here's to our health!

You can do it!

Just one word of caution from someone who has been banded a very long time!! Re-setting your mind sounds great. But remember the band is not designed to work with liquids so you are going to feel hungry!

My own way on my re-commitments (and I am not saying it should be anyone's way apart from mine) is to go back to the eating I did at around week six! That is, proper band eating with no deviation. To me, going back to liquids is masochistic! I have had several regains which required knuckling down again - and I always succeeded.

Doing good. Down five pounds. Working nights and re-setting is easier than I thought. Protein Shake when I wake up and then lunch at work with a snack and then another Protein shake at home before I go to bed. And it's been easier to get my Water in too.

I know how you feel when extremely busy at work snacking is nearly a must we need fuel to keep us going we need carbs to keep us awake so I guess on thing I'm doing now to try and overcome this is filling up small bags with ten almonds in each one seal them and instead of snacking on crisps I snack on almonds. Best of luck

Thanks for posting! I am in a bit of a rut with my weight loss. I am using the my time off this summer to rededicate myself to Lap Band Living. Giving up my wine and making better choices. WE CAN DO IT! The band is there to help us!