Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone!

I am preparing myself for my new lifestyle and most recently have integrated Protein shakes into my diet. I was wanting some ideas on things I should try. Different brands or ways that people cook with Protein powder. I have even seen some people use sugar free flavoring to add to a shake. So if anyone has a brand they are fond of or recipes I would like to hear from you!

@@funkecoldmedina I will be following your post because I posted a similiar inquiry as well. I'm looking for info on Protein also.

Maybe between us both we will get a lot of info.

The only Protein supplement that I use is Premier Protein ready made shakes. You can buy them at SAMs or costco.

I have tried other kinds including powders and end up throwing it away.

Premier Protein has the best flavor, 30grams of Protein in one shake and only 1 gram of sugar. chocolate is my absolute favorite but the strawberries and cream is ok too.

There are many Protein supplements available. This site has lots of advice and recipes.

You won't know what you like best until you try them (and your tastes may change after surgery).

In addition to Premier, I like GNC Lean 25 as a Meal Replacement and Syntrax nectar. You can order a sample pack of flavor varieties directly from the manufacturer and from some online bariatric shops. You can sample the GMC Lean 25 at GNC stores.

Right after surgery (in the hospital and when I came home) I got a lot of my Protein from ProtiDiet's liquid beverage concentrates.

Have fun sampling and researching.

Awesome thank you. I will have to check those out!

Awesome everyone... Thanks!!!

I'm still pre-op but LOVE Syntrax nectar Fuzzy Navel. I hope I still like it after surgery. It's like having orange juice without the carbs.

I'm looking for a chocolate and strawberry I can enjoy. Will have to get a Sam's membership to try the Premier Protein ones.

Has anyone tried the Click expresso flavors? Are they a good Protein source? Sounds so delicious.

Thanks

I have not tried those, Right now I like the ChocoRite Protein powder in Peanut Butter. Its pretty good but I think I am getting sick of it. I will have to try Syntrax nectar Fuzzy Navel. That does sound good. I could use something fruity. I am not a chocolate fan so of course that is where i run into problems

Pre-op and the first month of post-op I used Spiru-Tein. I liked them because you didn't need a blender just a shaker bottle with a whisk ball. They have bits in them. So the Pina Colada has bits of pineapple in it. And the cookie Dough has bits of dough in it.