Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I suddenly hate pix of myself again

I just came back from a 2 week vacation to Costa rica. I am just a hair under goal, but up from my very lowest.

In the attached picture from our "mud spa" I was standing between two young women (half my age) that I considered overweight. When I saw us standing together in this photo I recognized that I LOOK OVERWEIGHT too. On the one hand, I am forever grateful that I am no longer obese, but on the other I was slightly disappointed in my "chubbiness". A big part of this is that I haven't been working out so I am actually bigger than i was. I am managing some physical issues that I have used as an excuse (all started by the personal trainer I hired a year ago that caused an overuse injury) to not be as fit as I want to be.

I guess at 3 years out, I am re-evaluating my fitness level, my weight and how I feel about it all.

post-122684-0-99617900-1429626726_thumb.jpg

I didn't realize you hadn't been working out lately. How long has that been the case and does your overuse injury prevent you from doing ANY exercises or just specific types?

not to enable , but you are still inspiring to me and a role model for what we can achieve. Dont let this get you down. i think you look great. some days i think i look good and other days i cant seem to tell that ive lost anything at all. keep your chin up you know you have this under control and so do we.

Is that you front and center? I don't think you look overweight at all. I guess it's all relative.

*shrug*

I think a big part of the issue here is that the shorts are not flattering you in this picture.

Have you ever tried pilates? I've been doing megaformer pilates and I have seen a huge difference in only 6 classes. There is an accommodation available for any kind of injury. You just let them know at the beginning what your issues are.

Anyway just a thought. If you Google megaformer pilates and your city you should get a result or two. Most places seem to offer a free intro class to try it. :)

You still look fab!

Well yeah, you have a smudge there on your thigh.

Other than that, you're frickin BEAUTIFUL and no, not overweight.

But seriously, take a shower, girl.

????

I seen past pictures of your arms and shoulders that were rock solid.

I was 'like' whoa! (As the young people say now-a-days.

Just seeing your arms and your beautiful body (I think after your PS - pics in a dressing room) inspired me to work out extra hard in the gym.

You have achieved so much. Just set your mind to it, and whatever you want to do, I know it is as good as done.

You are still looking good.

I notice you are the only one Standing In The Front With A Two Piece-Confident and Proud!

You still look amazing!!!

You look absolutely fantastic! Don't be so hard on yourself.

You know what you have to do to get what you want, you just need to get going again.

But rest assured, you look terrific!

Well, I was wearing these high rise boy shorts swimsuit bottoms for modesty but they really don't look that great - I think I would have been better off in the bikini bottoms. And yeah, my size zero friend was hiding in the back.

I still don't like that i have lost much of my "tone", but here is a before picture from about 10 years ago that paints perspective. I am in the white pants and hawaii print shirt. I was so miserable that day - it was a rare 100 degree day and we were all dying but me especially.

post-122684-0-35449200-1429714735_thumb.jpg

post-122684-0-96403000-1429714748_thumb.jpg

Challenged to add the intended photo!

post-122684-0-67417300-1429714992_thumb.jpg

Amazing. You are an inspiration.