Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet suggestions

FYI...in my search for the Syntax Fuzzy Navels...I found this website and bought the sample pack: www.mybariatricpantry.com There are a whole bunch of different high Protein items there, with some in "sample" sizes so you don't break the bank trying to find what you like. I'm also trying the unjury chicken broth...when it gets here and I try it...I will come back here and report :D

Every morning I make a frapiccino. Same Protein powder but a scoop of instant Decaf coffee, some stevia, and a tbsp or 2 of cool whip! This is how I'm managing preop liquid.< /p>

I will have to remember this in a few weeks when I start my re-op! I'm thinking cool whip may be how I get to "manage" through some of my liquid days ;)

PB2 is also yummy to add to the vanilla (or chocolate) shakes. Syntrax Matrix flavors I have tried, and LOVED are fuzzy navel and strawberry cream. Also I use the GENEPRO unflavored, and I can add to anything and it really is unflavored. You won't go wrong with the Syntrax Matrix, though. REALLY.

I'm interested in the plain Protein with Water and flavoring...can't wait to try :) has anyone found a broth?

I added Unjury unflavored Protein Powder to beef broth, chicken broth, Swansons hot and sour Soup based, tortilla soup base, and strained French onion soup. Once postop, I added protein powder to every cream soup I could find....cream of asparagus, shrimp, mushroom, lobster bisque, butternut squash, pureed split pea, potato leek, strained wonton, etc. It was a nice break from all the sweet shakes. It works best to premix the powder with a bit of water in a Blender Bottle and then stir it into your warm soup (not too hot or it will clump.... Like when you add the egg to egg drop soup.)

@@Kindle I tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Proteins. I ordered the sample pack, and I did not like them. I found the GENEPRO to really be unflavored. I put a scoop in my Water with crystal lite lemonaid. Love it! When I mix it up with lots of ice in my vitamixer, it's like a sorbet. Can't even taste the Protein.

@@Kindle I tried the Unjury Proteins. I ordered the sample pack, and I did not like them. I found the GENEPRO to really be unflavored. I put a scoop in my Water with crystal lite lemonaid. Love it! When I mix it up with lots of ice in my vitamixer, it's like a sorbet. Can't even taste the Protein.< /p>

I've read lots of people rave about genepro, and seems like the perfect protein supplement. but after researching the company, the genetic process they use to create the stuff and failing to find any sort of scientific evidence to support the claims, I'm just not comfortable using it as a protein source. It may be the "miracle supplement" it claims to be, but then again it may just be modern day snake oil. (Look at the other fad supplements the company offers) In the meantime I'll stick with "real" protein, even with the temperature and taste issues.

@@Kindle I hope it's safe to use. My dietitian didn't have any issues with using it when I told her about it. I'm not solely using it, though. I love the Syntrax Matrix flavors a bunch!

@@Kindle

I talked with (and brought the package to her) my dietician about GENEPRO, which she had never seen before. Apparently there really are no regulatory standards for these types of things, like any supplement, no testing or anything. She had wondered if the type of processing actually turned the Protein into an amino acid, as it is broken down so much (thus the 30g of Protein in a 15g serving). Hard to say. I am using up what I have, have used it for a few months along with regular unflavored whey protein, with no negative results. It IS nice to have a smaller amount go in the glass, BUT using the regular stuff is ok by me, too, and I think a little cheaper. Hope you have a great day!

One thing I found when following a liquid diet is the more you vary it, the easier it is. I try to have some hot liquids, like chicken and vegetable broth (with or without Protein powder), coffee, and herbal teas, and some cold ones, like chocolate shakes. I also like to change up the flavors to have some sweet and some salty, and try to make it fun by thinking of it as a treat…like when else do you get to have chocolate and Peanut Butter morning, noon, and night if you choose? Or play with sugar-free flavoring syrups and make your own flavors.

Good luck!

Such truth about your taste buds!!!!

Tried the nectar grapefruit and Lemonade

Crystal Lite....AMAZING! Voila FRESCA!Thank you !

I cannot remember who suggested it but really

Hit my "taster". Also filled my desire for salt!

Albeit....not a Margharita...but Crystal lite did have that flavor!

JUST KIDDING...

@@amacox I have tried EAS and while it was reasonably priced and tasted pretty good, it was tough on my system. Ive been using Muscle Milk Mega Protein and its been pretty good to me!