Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet suggestions

I tried the Muscle Milk Mega Protein Shake and it didn't agree with me at all! I tried the Syntax nectar Cherry and it reminded me too much of how liquid Tylenol tastes...couldn't hardly get past the smell to even taste it. However I will say that it was very Cherry-ie and didn't have a chalky after taste. I ordered some samples of other Nectar flavors and am waiting to see how they taste. I'm trying to find things I can tolerate now, instead of waiting until I'm right in the middle of my 2 week pro-op to figure it out! I don't want to have to think about it...just want to be able to grab something that I know tastes good...or atleast ok!

@@virgogirl67 I really like the fuzzy navel, strawberry cream and Cookies and cream. But I am pre surgery for a few more days. After surgery...who knows. I may hate them all. lol I hear we wake up with different taste buds. Here's to experimenting!!

@@wannaBthinsoon I have samples of those flavors coming...I think. Between the nectar and the Unjury products, I have enough Protein coming in the next week to nourish 6 toddlers for a month! LOL I also tried the Protein 2.0 Beyond Water...grape flavor is the best. It has 15g protein in each bottle. Not sure where you are in KS, but I found it at HyVee.I read in one of these forums someone who found it at Target.

Body tech whey from the Vitamin Shoppe is pretty good with decent flavors and decent sales. Today was buy one get one half off.

I have been 1 week into my pre-op diet. Surgery is next week 4/23. I have tried several different shakes, and Premier vanilla, chocolate, & strawberry Creme are awesome so far, but not buying too many yet.

sugar free popsicles & Jello have been my savior!

My issue is not staying full. I can't find a chicken broth that taste any good. I really want the chicken broth they serve in the hospital, and can't find it.

Is there anyone from wichita ks. Area ? I have been trying to find a doctor and I thought I finally found one he sounded good and my date was scheduled but now I am scared because he is in Mexico and I have everyone telling me I am crazy to go to Mexico

@@sharob My daughter and I are both having sleeve surgery on June 2nd in Mexico. Don't "listen" to others who may not understand. My personal doctor here is 100% on board. She is more interested in me becoming healthy by having the surgery than where the surgery is being done. She has assured me that it is perfectly safe and has had other patients travel "across the Border" for medical procedures. She started suggesting to me over 3 years ago to consider the VSG surgery. I seriously started looking in to going to Mexico a little over a year ago when I ran in to road block after road block to have it done here. Insurance is such a joke! I have met several folks locally who have gone to Mexico for surgery and have wonderful reports about their experiences! Don't let the "negative Nellies" get you down about your decision to get healthy!

btw...I tried the Syntax Fuzzy Navel today and I am in LOVE with it! Yum yum yum!!!

FYI...in my search for the Syntax Fuzzy Navels...I found this website and bought the sample pack: www.mybariatricpantry.com There are a whole bunch of different high Protein items there, with some in "sample" sizes so you don't break the bank trying to find what you like. I'm also trying the unjury chicken broth...when it gets here and I try it...I will come back here and report :D

For those who like Peanut Butter...mix 8 oz. skim milk with vanilla or chocolate Protein powder, spoon full of powdered Peanut Butter mixed. I also like to freeze sliced bananas and freeze coffee to blend into my shakes for variation. For the extra hint of chocolate add unsweetened Hershey's cocoa powder and sweetener if needed.

DH loves the Matrix Peanut Butter Cookie. I mostly use the vanilla. But I add SF Hershey Syrup to it sometimes. I also got a bunch of the SF DaVinci syrups. I love the caramel. DH likes the brown sugar/cinnamon. pumpkin Pie and Gingerbread are both good.

You can also add Peanut Butter to the vanilla. I don't since I have the Peanut butter cookie one already and the SF Peanut Butter DaVinci syrup.

For post-op I was allowed to add frozen no sugar added fruit. I like mango, peaches. I just got strawberries since I am far enough out that seeds are not a problem.

My co-worker who banded 6 years ago liked the Matrix Orange Cream. She would make it with a combo of OJ and milk for more orange flavor.

I love fruit but generally do not like things that are fruit "flavored" especially strawberry- except Twizzlers. I liked the Matrix and Nectars such as Orange Cream, strawberries and cream, strawberry mousse, kiwi-strawberry. I wouldn't buy a 5 pound bag of any of those since I think I would get bored with them but I will eventually get a 2 pound tub for variety. The Cookies and cream was good.

For both the Matrix and Nectars I think they mix up easier than many powders. I don't think they are as sweet or overly fruit flavored. They are not as thick as some shakes.

I liked the Premier until I tried the Matrix. DH had one of the vanilla Premium after a fasting blood test. It was convenient but he didn't like it. I gave most of a box of chocolate and a box of vanilla away.

Matrix/Nectars also has a fairly high Protein amount. 23 grams per scoop plus 8 grams in the 8 oz of skim milk so 31 grams. I think Premier is 30 grams but the container is 11 oz. If you add PB then you get even more Protein.< /p>

Today I tried the nectar Caribbean Cooler...tasted similar to a Pina Colada. Not my favorite but will most likely keep a couple on hand for variety.

I had the unjury chicken broth at 10am this morning and felt "full" until about 2pm. I was shocked...to say the least. It mixed up easily and had a good flavor. I will get a chance to try more this weekend. The flavors I have already tried give me hope that the others will taste just as good!

For broth...try the Knorr Homestyle stock. All three are our of this world wonderful, and savory. chicken, beef and vegetable. You can always put an unflavored Protein in the broth. It is THAT good!

@@wannaBthinsoon I will have to try that. Quite honestly I haven't thought about putting unflavored into something I all ready like. btw..my friend has the same Dr. as you. She had a great experience with him and has done extremely well! I'm a self-pay and am off to Mexico in June for my surgery. I have another friend who went to the same Dr in Mexico about 8 months ago and is doing great! And these friends are actually folks that I "know" know...like one is my neighbor and the other is my BFF's hubby....not just internet-land friends ;-) In fact my neighbor was the one who got me off my butt about gettin' with it with my surgery! She said "I only wish I had done it sooner"...and we go waaaaayyy back...20+ years doing "diets" together! LOL

I tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury strawberry Sorbet today! My first "sniff" of the powder, before mixing it, reminded me of Lucky Charms marshmallows. The taste was very good...and that's saying alot from someone who isn't that fond of strawberries in general. I was pleasantly surprised. I love the way that it mixes up the FIRST time! ...and for all of you out there "shakin" things up, you will know what I mean. I really really really like the consistency! I'll post later about whatever else I decide to try today.

Hi there,

I recently found Fairlife Milk from another post- it has more Protein. To make a great shake I use

8 oz Fairlife milk (13 gm protein)

1 5 oz cup of greek yogurt (I use Dannon Light and Fit coconut/vanilla 12 gm protein)

handful of raspberries

Blend until fully liquid. Very yummy and 25 gm of protein!

@@virgogirl67 From what I've heard my surgeon is the best of the best!! Even my gynecologist told me that if I was going to "do this thing" at least I was going with the very best surgeon. That made me feel better. It made Dr Hoehn feel better too, when I told him that. But, Dr Hoehn is a VERY confident surgeon. He just oozes confidence, and kindness. And he isn't too bad on the eyes either. (oops...did I say that outloud?!) ha!