Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared I'm not going to lose weight....2 weeks post op

I have had complete confidence in this whole procedure & all the experiences of others I have read. I am 2 weeks out today, and weighed today for first time since surgery. Down 10 lbs.....really?? Very disappointed. I know with any other "diet" in the past I would have been very happy with this, I guess my expectations were a lot higher. A yogurt fast for 3 days and only liquids for 2 weeks and ten lbs is it?? Makes me concerned I have done this and will not be able to lose. Has any one else gotten this slow of start and still had a good overall loss? I have read with most people their biggest loss is the first month and then tapers off to steady. If this is my "big loss" , I'm in trouble.

Ten pounds in two weeks is a slow start? Really?

Oyyyyy.... REALLY??

You don't think it is?? I guess im being unrealistic . I was just thinking if this is the big loss period, and I did ten, what will it be later? Pound a week???

Ten pounds in two weeks is a slow start? Really?

Oyyyyy.... REALLY??

You don't think it is?? I guess im being unrealistic . I was just thinking if this is the big loss period, and I did ten, what will it be later? Pound a week???

Maybe. A pound per week would be more than 50 pounds per year. That's great. I bet you will lose more if you stick to plan but you didn't gain it overnight, you won't lose it overnight.

Look at your long term and go with it. You will amaze yourself.

I have been very slow to lose weight at the start too. I lost 2.5kg whilst in hospital after the surgery but since being home from hospital (2.5 weeks now) I've only lost another 2kg. I spoke with my dietician yesterday who said it's very normal, especially in women to lose weight slower. Still makes me a little sad. At least it's not a gain though.

this is my fear as well. too many friends and family speak of how i'll look different, what if i dont??? :o

From the book that I got from my doctor, it says in the first 2 weeks you'll lose 5-10% of your goal weight. So for instance, I want to lose 140lbs. In the first 2 weeks, I should lose 7-14 lbs. so I'd say you're doing pretty good :)

Think positive, the slower you lose the less likely your skin will sag. Slower weight loss looks and feels more natural. We all got this procedure as a tool. Not an overnight success story. When I went on liquid pre/op I lost 5lbs in s week. My surgeon said it wasn't enough. I said if weight loss was easy for me I wouldn't be in your office today!!!! We will all get to where we want to be sooner or later

I thought that too at the beginning. Now here I am at 6 months out and down 95 lbs. stick to the plan and have patience. It will work if you do what you're supposed to do. Good luck!

@@AlanaRN oh that's awesome. Mind me asking what your surgery weight was, and your age? My goal is 100 lbs

Thanks. I'm 34 (almost 35) and my surgery weight was 268. I did lose 18 of my 95 in the 2 week liquid phase prior to surgery. I want to lose about 30 more.

I gained 11 pounds of Water weight while I was in the hospital. You have that to lose as well as the fat. Everyone is different in how they lose. Make sure you are getting your Protein and Water and stay away from sugar. The weight will come off.