Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meat tolerance

MEN'S ROOM

Hey Fry! Hope things turn around for you. I am sure you will find out what works and what doesn't. I feel bad that absolutely nothing bothers my gut. Time will likely change things. how about fish? moisture content may be the key too!!!

tumblr_l6vdxkJsg71qcv481o1_500.jpg

tried to find a pic of Fry eating some meat... this will have to do.

I love it!

@@smoothazz i was sleeved 6 months ago and i could not eat meat for about the first 5 of those months. I was forced to eat a Pescetarian type diet, fish and seafood. I didnt mind it, just wasnt always the first thing i wanted, i just had to adopt recipes to suit my sleeve.

I introduced beef and pork Jerky last month into my diet and as of two days ago i was able to eat red meat and chicken as of yesterday! I never though my sleeve would ever be ok with meat, but i guess she was ultra sensitive and needed time to really heal before i could introduce them back into my diet.

Wish you every success with your weight loss journey xox.

It's been five weeks since surgery I don't have a problem with many foods but I'm getting tired of certain foods like eggs cheese some meats like chicken and turkey. I've been told it gets better with time. Unfortunately the Protein Shakes give me extreme indigestion does anybody have any suggestions

I'm having a hell of a time eating meat.

I have only had a couple of issues with vomiting after my sleeve. We had a ham for Easter and I tried a little and threw it up. Same thing happened when I tried to eat chicken. When I tried hamburger I got sick and had to lay down. Same thing when I tried a slow cooked chuck roast.

I'm about 2.5 months post-op. Has anyone else had this sort of issue? What works and what doesn't? I've always been a big meat eater - love to grill, etc. - wondering if those days are over.

I too have had this same issue. When talking to the Dr about it, he said most places don't allow meat back into your diet until 6 mo's post op. Said to give it time and see what happens. So far, the only meat I've ever had stay down was a smoked porkchop and I only ate 3 very very small bites. Good luck! I just gave up on meat all together for now and do what I know will work.

It's been five weeks since surgery I don't have a problem with many foods but I'm getting tired of certain foods like eggs cheese some meats like chicken and turkey. I've been told it gets better with time. Unfortunately the Protein shakes give me extreme indigestion does anybody have any suggestions

I found that mixing foods together (chili, soups) gave the meal more flavor.

As far as the Protein Shakes, try and find one you can tolerate. There are a variety of Protein Shakes out there, so experiment. After surgery, I became lactose intolerant for a few months. So milk products and some Protein powders that contained lactose cause an immediate trip to the restroom. This condition went away in time.

chicken was the toughest meat for me to readjust to, beef comes in a close second. Turkey hamburger was the easiest meat to add back into my diet. To this day, beef fills me up very quickly and sticks with me the longest.

I'm a little over 5 weeks. While I have been having canned tuna/chicken I have also tried 90/10 ground beef, chicken sausage and chicken breast. Knock on wood I haven't had any troubles.

Edited by OneDollarBill

forcing food in your pouch is dangerous. Your pouch is small and it can stretch to the point of it opening up. I would say eat an ounce of meat only and see how it works. You may be eating too much at one sitting.

I started very slowly. One tiny bite chewed to death. Yes, I can chew a bite of chicken for a full 5 minutes. Also, early on everything was slow cooker or boiled for 1 and 1/2 hours. I would freeze portions in snack size ziplock bags for later. I used to call them the endless tiny leftovers.

i use to be a big steak person but since the sleeve i just can't seem to eat much of it. i use to hate ham and now i like it. i find sliced deli ham easier to digest, same with turkey.

Gee, that long before being able to handle meat is a downer. On the other hand, there are so many other sources of healthy Protein. Four weeks out and just starting to get use to Lactaid brand cottage cheese. When it comes time to move to pureed foods, I'll probably be supplementing Protein levels with flavorless Isopure low carb. Having worked with vegetarians of different types and vegans, protein intake can depend on calorie intake. That can be a struggle for someone on a calorie restricted diet. It would seem that a lacto-ovo vegetarian would have it easier since they can consume eggs and whey protein. Vegan dependence on tofu, soy products, and Beans can be a challenge, but it can be done and there are plenty of vegan products out there:

powders.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/10-best-tasting-vegan-protein-powders.html

The link is not an endorsement of any particular website.

I can eat a few ounces (3-4) of fillet, the only cut off beef I can tolerate, but do better with shrimp or lobster tail. Can usually eat 4 grilled shrimp (size 21/25) or one 4oz tail. chicken and pork still not really agreeing with me. 5 month out.