Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone whose goal weight is less than 100 pounds?

Yes, I have 50-60 to loose. You are not alone! It's hard to find peeps who are on here who have less than 100 pounds to loose, although I have found a few. They are very supportive. ???? I have my surgery July 16th and am so excited. I am 47, I live in AZ, have 4 grown kids and do eyelash extensions from home. My goal weight is 125-130ish. I wish u the best, and u can contact me if u like for support or questions, I'm an open book! ????

I've been lurking for the last couple days and this is my first post. So glad I found this thread!! My surgery was on June 8th. I started at around 245, give or take, and haven't gotten a goal weight from my doctor but I'd like to weigh 170. I'm 5'10. My first post-op appointment is on Friday. I never had a pre-op diet and probably gained five pounds in the two weeks before surgery. I didn't go on last meal binges but I ate what I wanted most of the time. My surgery was scheduled fast. My consultation was on April 15th. I feel pretty good but I'm still learning how much I can eat and drink at a time, and how fast. Anyway, I need to stick close to these groups because my head was always a much bigger enemy than my stomach!!

Michelle920

Good luck to you! I'm glad you found this thread too!

Best wishes ????

@@Michelle920 Welcome Michelle!! The group/site has been a big help to me over the last year. It really has. Good luck to you. :)

I've been lurking for the last couple days and this is my first post. So glad I found this thread!! My surgery was on June 8th. I started at around 245, give or take, and haven't gotten a goal weight from my doctor but I'd like to weigh 170. I'm 5'10. My first post-op appointment is on Friday. I never had a pre-op diet and probably gained five pounds in the two weeks before surgery. I didn't go on last meal binges but I ate what I wanted most of the time. My surgery was scheduled fast. My consultation was on April 15th. I feel pretty good but I'm still learning how much I can eat and drink at a time, and how fast. Anyway, I need to stick close to these groups because my head was always a much bigger enemy than my stomach!!

I'm so glad this thread exists! I find it daunting to think about the number I have to lose. My goal weight is 140 and that's about 81 pounds away. When I started, I had to lose 120. The stalls are upsetting to me. I find myself breaking into frustrated tears because I can't eat like a "normal" person, but will go weeks without losing a single pound. I feel discouraged.

I find myself breaking into frustrated tears because I can't eat like a "normal" person, but will go weeks without losing a single pound. I feel discouraged.

I felt that way many times in the early months. At almost 10 months out now, I very rarely regret not being able to eat like a "normal" person. I'm pretty used to the types of foods I can eat and how much of them I can eat now. I rarely get frustrated about that. I do, however, still often get frustrated with the scale's refusal to budge!!!!

I'm 10 months and 5 days post-op. My highest weight was 235. Surgery day weight (after my own 2.5 month diet and the doc's 2-week pre-op diet) was 216. In 8.5 months post-op, I lost another 66 pounds. And now 1.5 months later I've lost another 4-5 pounds (am now stabilized and fluctuating a few pounds, as I'm learning what maintenance for me is like right now). So call it 90 pounds lost in almost 13 months.

Yes, it's easier to lose fast during the first 6 months post-op. But IMHO it doesn't matter how long it takes you to lose your excess weight. Here's what matters: (1) that you lose all the weight you want to lose and (2) that you learn how to and then maintain your weight loss.

When you start on this journey you are apt to worry about stuff that you have little control over -- things like (1) how fast will I lose? (2) when can I eat "normally" again? (3) will I have loose skin? (4) how much of my hair will fall out and how bad will it look?

Although I'm a huge fan of self-education, when taken too far those kinds of questions just feed anxiety that detracts from your own power to control the only things that matter: (1) am I eating enough Protein? (2) am I drinking enough Water? (3) am I taking my meds and vitamins/minerals? (4) am I becoming more active and exercising enough (for me) and doing the right kinds of exercise (for me)? (5) am I surrounding myself with people who support my weight loss and staying away from those who undermine my progress?

THOSE are the things that matter. Your hair will grow back. Your skin will do what it wants to do -- and then it will change for several years after you stop losing weight and maintain your weight. And you don't ever want to eat like a "normal" person ever again (consider that 70% of American adults are overweight or obese -- THAT'S how "normal" people eat these days ... ugh!).

Focus on what matters. Refuse to obsess about what doesn't matter.

@@VSGAnn2014 your post should be required reading for ALL members. You ought to just copy and paste it as a reply to every newbie post on here (you know the ones I mean ;) )

Change what you can and buck up over the rest of it.

I agree with @Kindle. That post is pure gold. Stressing about all the things we can't control is just a distraction and an excuse not to focus on all the things we CAN control!

I am struggling too. Just 10 pounds to goal and I'm stuck! It has been a long slow process with lots of stalls. I am 9 months out. I've lost about 65 total so far. Hang in there!

I am struggling too. Just 10 pounds to goal and I'm stuck! It has been a long slow process with lots of stalls. I am 9 months out. I've lost about 65 total so far. Hang in there!

Sounds like we're in a pretty similar spot. I have lost 62 pounds with 9 more to go to reach my nutritionist's goal. I'll be 10 months on the 1st. The last two months have been sooooooo slooooooow. But the scale did finally budge a tiny bit this week, so I'm feeling a little better about it. Still hoping to make goal by he 1 year mark.

I felt that way many times in the early months. At almost 10 months out now, I very rarely regret not being able to eat like a "normal" person. I'm pretty used to the types of foods I can eat and how much of them I can eat now. I rarely get frustrated about that. I do, however, still often get frustrated with the scale's refusal to budge!!!!

It doesn't bother me fundamentally, just that I eat so small, yet lose no weight. In my mind there should be a direct result of eating so little lol. I'm getting used to it, the only thing that really bothers me is that I've lost 30+ pounds yet only just now lost a pant size and 2 shirt sizes. It makes me frustrated and laugh at the same time because when I reach goal weight, I'll still be a "high" pant size. The sturdy ethnic stock I'm from is no lie haha.

It doesn't bother me fundamentally, just that I eat so small, yet lose no weight. In my mind there should be a direct result of eating so little lol. I'm getting used to it, the only thing that really bothers me is that I've lost 30+ pounds yet only just now lost a pant size and 2 shirt sizes. It makes me frustrated and laugh at the same time because when I reach goal weight, I'll still be a "high" pant size. The sturdy ethnic stock I'm from is no lie haha.

Yeah, I'm 9 pounds from goal and still in size 14 pants.

That's so interesting I think, not bothersome but just weird. I've seen people be a size 4 after this and I'm like holy crap that's never happening for me, I don't think I want it to, I'd be sickly looking and underweight to get down that far lol

That's so interesting I think, not bothersome but just weird. I've seen people be a size 4 after this and I'm like holy crap that's never happening for me, I don't think I want it to, I'd be sickly looking and underweight to get down that far lol

Well, some people set their weight goals a lot lower than mine. I am sticking to the goal that my nutritionist set for me, though I still have kind of a secret hope of getting to 10 pounds lower than that so I can fall in the "healthy" BMI range. At my nutritionist's goal of 165, I will still technically be overweight. Also, I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs, so while I'm in a size 14 pants still, I'm now in a size 10 dress and medium shirts.