Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reversal for gastric sleeve?

I completely understand your fear. I am glad you found a Dr that is helping and supporting you. Please don't hesitate to contact me for any help you may need. My email is danagiroir@gmail.com. keep us posted please

Thank you!!! I may have to get that name from you.

Thank you swimbikerun. I feel like I'm being a complainer but I want to jump in front of people and warn them. I would hate for someone to go thru what I did. ( even my ex. Lol. Just kidding).

I have found on multiple forums, people are relating to others so they get better and they rarely say don't get the surgery. Its get the surgery but here is what to look out for. The way it should be.

I can't believe how many go through this with eyes wide shut. The doctors want the $$$, people want to be thin. They see the honeymoon, not the -1 honeymoon year rest of your life that you are going to have to work hard for. Not the problems that can happen years out.

Be prepared. Know what you can do. Make your journey successful. :)

@@swimbikerun

I am going to make it a positive situation eventually. I've never been a quitter but I do appreciate warnings so I'm giving them!

You can email the image to wfinch62@yahoo.com.

@Gladys62 - Just popping in to say I am happy to hear you have found some resolution to your issues. Like every field there are good eggs and bad eggs. Unfortunately it sounds like you got one of the bad eggs. On a positive note, you are getting nearly 50 gms of protein! That is terrific! I wish you well and continued success.

How long ago did u have the op? Unfortunately there's nothing you can do but live with it but I also had a rough horrible first year it does get easier and you will feel normal again maybe your miserable as your trying to follow the rules and your sleeve isn't ready yet don't like shakes don't drink them can't get fluids in well it doesn't have to be Water find something u can drink preferable sugar free I drink tea u have been very ill with pneumonia and ur blaming the sleeve get lots of Vitamins into u and take it slow u will feel better soon

I just had my sleeve done May 25, 2016. I am absolute pain. I feel like I have a lot of pressure on my chest and I'm having a hard time swallowing. When I do swallow I feel like I am being stabbed and when I called my doctor they gave me medicine and said to wait and see if it helps. Well now I am in more pain and I'm at a loss. Right now I am deeply regretting having this done. ANY suggestions will help me!

@@s.thompson You may get more responses in a new thread. If you are in alot of pain - don't hesitate to go to the ER. You are more than a week out now and the pain should be getting better - not worse. You need to be moving, walking and getting rid of the gas. You should be constantly sipping - try hot tea or warm Water and see if it helps. Take your meds.

I just had my sleeve done May 25, 2016. I am absolute pain. I feel like I have a lot of pressure on my chest and I'm having a hard time swallowing. When I do swallow I feel like I am being stabbed and when I called my doctor they gave me medicine and said to wait and see if it helps. Well now I am in more pain and I'm at a loss. Right now I am deeply regretting having this done. ANY suggestions will help me!

@@s.thompson you may not have read this thread you just bumped up, but the original poster had complications and was regretting their surgery because things weren't working for them the way they are supposed to work.

You are just barely a week out. You are experiencing what many people go through the first days/weeks after surgery. (including the regret and feeling of "what the hell did I just do?" feelings)

Everything you're going through is in the range of normal - some are lucky enough to have zero issues right after, but most do experience discomfort, pain, pressure and difficulties swallowing. If the meds your doc gave you don't work, call them back the next day and get help. But it sounds like you're just really swollen and need to get the right dose of pain meds and get fluids in to feel better and get through the first few days of discomfort.

Try sipping warm/cold (I used broth and sugar-free popsciles alternately) and I had difficulties swallowing for days after before I figured out to use that method. You're likely in pain from the gas they used to inflate your abdomen too, and the only thing that works for that is to get up and walk so the gas gets absorbed and out of your system.

It absolutely will get better. Have faith that it will and just keep sipping fluids, walking and take your pain meds as often as allowed. If it doesn't get better really soon, call that doctor back and get them to help. Good luck! :)