Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell me what makes YOU special.

My husband and I keep bees on our property. We were so successful last year with our honey production and sales that this year we are expanding from 3 hives to 10. We intend to eventually make this a full time business.

@@wannaBthinsoon,

We also call that a "side eye" where I'm from..... ;)

I have an amazing Fiance, Family and career and I am truely blessed.

@@ProjectMe @@sarahbeth3569

wow, you guys are twins??? :o

i see the resemblance :lol:

your "better" half weight??? :unsure:

thin, obese, morbidly obese???

NORMAL????

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I'm thorough. I'm careful. Want it done right, come to me.

(That's why it took me this long to come up with something.)

I'm me

Lets see, I was an Emt then medic for 11 years, I went back to school recently to get my paralegal degree, I was valedictorian of my college graduating class. I work now in Tech Support, I was a mobile DJ for a few years doing weddings etc. I stopped due to being out of shape etc. I sing opera, but havent for awhile. I took up guitar lessons recently and really enjoy playing guitar, and I hold belts in Shaolin Kempo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. My wife just recently bought me an early anniversary/ congrats for losing 100 pounds present , which is this awesome guitar. She named it Sylvia, ( since its silver etc.)

guitar

I am strong, beautiful, intelligent, kind, loving and loved. After a terrible childhood I almost didn't survive, I am happy and madly in love with my husband of 24 years. We raised two awe inspiring women. They both graduated college and now we have an amazing granddaughter. I thank God for my life every single day. I live every day like it is my last and love my family that way. I have no regrets and I have the life I never even could have dreamt of. Surprisingly I didn't allow my parents to destroy me. I chose to be the very best person I could be! Love this thread.

I am a sign language interpreter for the deaf. I decided this was going to be my career at age 6, and I am now the CEO of my own company.

Love this post.... Lets seeing come from a a very large family. My dad has 20 brothers and sisters... I survived rape at 13. I had a child, got married and divorced before I finished high school. Which I know is nothing to brag about but I learned to survive. He was a drug and alcoholic who cheated from day one. Put myself through collage while raising a kid alone. Fast forward..... Last year I knocked a few things off my bucket list.... I got my concealed carry weapons license and became a certified range instructor. And stared in my very first play at our local theater. I was Barbara in Murder most fouled up. I had the best time. I have two grandkids that most people think are mind. Lol

This year I plan to sky dive

I speak pieces and parts of about 6 modern languages and 2 dead ones. I have been told my feet are beautiful (??!). I've been a bad evil stepmother (her words) to my darling stepdaughter for 25 years and wife of a best husband contender. I am in the process of surviving lyme disease undiagnosed for about 15 years. An intuitive told me I have food issues because in a former life I was stranded at sea (hmm, maybe at the time I was fluent in one of those dead languages?)

I was blessed at age 19 & 20 with a gift that was hands down the best thing I will ever do while on this planet, I gave birth to the two loves of my life. A little boy and then a little girl, all grown up now but they are still my babies :)

Like so many women with chronic weight and eating issues I am a survivor of childhood abuse at the hands of my father. This surgery was one of my last steps in a very long journey back to wellness and joy.

I have a huge soft spot for animals, children and the elderly.

I want to zipline and go up in a hot air balloon.

And last but certainly not least, I believe I am definitely in the running for "girl with the best husband EVER!!" (the third love of my life)

Edited by minniegirl

Humm I'm special because 1) I had my first daughter at a young age 17, I dropped out of school (alternative school because I was a bad girl) and got my GED at 18 had my second daughter at 19. When I was 17 I got my CNA license and a job at a local nursing home to support my girls. I don't think anyone really thought I had a whole lot of potential or would amount to much in life. Now, fast forward age 22 I put myself in college (parents never saved for that They probably didn't feel they needed to and I can't say as I blame them) I had no idea what I was doing I just went up to our local college and let them lead me. I started with general classes then decided I wanted to follow in my mothers footsteps and become a nurse (she is a retired NICU RN) I made the deans list every semester and paid my own way through school with the help of some scholarships that I was awarded along the way. I Finnish school at 26 then decided I wanted to do travel nursing (I specialize in dialysis) so I took my first contract in Hawaii And traveled off and on for about 6 years teaching at the mayo clinic along the way. In the mean time I met my husband, had a son, got married , went back to school to become a Nurse Practitioner And now here I am! Soooo I'm special because I accomplished things that no one thought I was capable of accomplishing. Hell that's including myself at times. From alternative school to Working on my Masters ....who knew!! Never discredit a girl that's driven. Between my husband and myself we have 8 children 4 boys and 4 girls (his are grown, he's older than me....a lot) I have 5 grand children with 2 on the way and I'm 34....I' m also special because my momma says I am!! PS the picture is of my youngest daughter, my stepson, yours truly and My DIL with my grand baby boy on the way :) We are one mix and blended up family!

post-237766-0-93678500-1427348538_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elode

@@Elode ... wow! You really are special. What a beautiful family you all have created. :)