Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OFFICIAL: March 25th Surgery Date

Figured all of us who have March 25th surgery dates could support each other during the last few days and the start of our new lives.

I'm OVER this liquid diet! Starting Monday I have to go on all clear liquid diet. Just 4 days. Just very ready. I've lost 18lbs so far on this pre-op diet.

How is everyone else doing?

My surgery is on the 24th. I can have liquids (Protein drinks, sugar-free Jello, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth, Crystal Light, Water, coffee (decaf) and tea. Monday (day before surgery) no Protein Drinks or broth...just Crystal Light, Water, coffee, tea and clear broth. I started my liquid diet last Tuesday. This has been hard. Today is the first day that I don't feel like I'm starving to death. That's great you've lost so much weight on this...I've only lost 5 pounds so far!!!!!!!

I'm scheduled for March 25th too. So excited and ready for this. I have just been keeping really busy so I don't think about being hungry.

Sunday is my last day of the regular liquid diet, Monday starts all clear liquid diet. Also on Tuesday. Then surgery on Wednesday. I wanna chew so badly. Lol I'm so jealous of the people who are allowed to have a lean cuisine meal on their preop diet.

Im on March 25 too! I have been on the preop diet for 13 days and lost 4 pounds at last check. I wish I could get excited but so far I am not. Just scared. I feel like Im going to be an emotional wreck by the time I get to the hospital on Wednesday.

I have a mix of emotions going on. Scared of something going wrong or not waking up or that I won't be successful afterwards. Excited at this new chance at life I'm getting and the thought of buying regular clothes not "plus". Nervous about the pain afterwards.

I've been so crabby lately from being hungry. I stood in the kitchen pretty much depressed while I waited for my step son to finish eating McDonalds.

Just Monday and Tuesday left now! Clear fluids only for the next 2 days. Gonna stink!

I have a mix of emotions going on. Scared of something going wrong or not waking up or that I won't be successful afterwards. Excited at this new chance at life I'm getting and the thought of buying regular clothes not "plus". Nervous about the pain afterwards.

I've been so crabby lately from being hungry. I stood in the kitchen pretty much depressed while I waited for my step son to finish eating McDonalds.

I had surgery on the 17th. I was the same way. Had fears of not waking up and having complications. The first time I saw my anesthesiologist I asked did it go ok?? Lol and he wasn't even my surgeon. I expected to be in so much pain and I was shocked. Pain wasn't bad and actually bearable. I don't know if it helped to expect the worse with pain and then have it be better then expected. A lady who had the surgery told me she felt

Like had been ran over by a truck I was so scared it's not anywhere near that. I also was scared of complications and I did everything my doctor told

Me and it paid off because I had zero complications. After getting to the hospital 2 hours early and

Going from intake

To pre op and waiting it was nice when my surgeon came to say hi I went into the operating room and then it was over. I woke up and it was done. They have me

Morphine at first for pain I did have trouble with it so they switched and I only needed it for the day of after that extra strength liquid Tylenol did the job. It's normal to be nervous but honestly after being at the hospital for an hour and having about 20 ppl ask me my name bday and what surgery I was having I was like ok just cut me already lol good luck!!!!

Thank you for posting! I hope everything goes as smoothly for me.

I've had a c-section so I'm hoping the pain from the incisions isn't any worse than that. And that the gas pains are minimal.

Hello Fellow March 25th Sleevers,

I am 2 days away. This pre-op has been rough with . I've been trying to stay on track, but I must admit....I am hungry as a hostage!

I gotta get through the next 2 days. Yesterday, I spent the day watching TV, and all I saw was food commercials. My gosh....we as people love food! I was thinking, now how am I only gonna eat small portions when food is being pushed in my face all the time.

Anyway, on another note...I am feeling nervous and a little scared. I too, am worried about waking up and having complications. I try not to think about it, but it keeps crossing my mind.

Has anyone packed for the hospital? I am trying to make sure I got all that I will need. Any suggestions?

These last 2 days are all clear fluids. I have no idea how I'm going to make it through. I have an Isopure drink in Grape Frost and it is not so great. My husband and I used to sit and watch the food channel on the weekends. But could not do that this weekend.

Bag isn't packed yet. Doing laundry and running some errands today and tomorrow to have everything ready.

But I made sure I had gas-x strips cause I'm so scared of the gas pains.

Edited by ladycook9713

I'm scheduled for the 26th just finished appt with Dr and pre-admission so I'm super excited and ready to get this show on the road start Clear Liquids tomorrow...my thoughts and prayers are with us all as we start this new journey!!

I'm on the 25th as well. I'm sitting here at work just going over everything in my mind. "I can't believe I'm doing this, I need to do this, and when will this be over". LOL

I haven't packed anything yet but I have it all ready to go into the bag.

I'm on this pre-op diet but I get to have one meal a day until tomorrow. Tomorrow is all liquids no food at all. I'm feeling a little tired with this Protein and Water for a week. Also, Protein makes you constipated. I've been drinking a lot of Water and that keeps me running to the bathroom but it's not really helping with the Constipation. I've had to take a stool softener. I haven't really cheated on this pre-op diet but I did eat some Gummy bears. I'm an emotional eater and my nerves are about to totally take over. I'm trying to stay away from sweets as much as possible.

Let's keep each other lifted in prayer as well as encouraged.

Edited by mechele8

The only times I cheated was for something that was high in Protein like beef jerkey, or chicken tender with no breading.. I want to chew so badly..I'm on a clear liquid diet today and tomorrow. I just want to go crawl in bed and sleep until it's Wednesday..

I'm the 25th as well. Spent weekend doing laundry and cleaning. I have to do a little more cleaning and I'm prepping food for my son and husband tonight to freeze. I didn't pack anything yet. I don't even know what to pack, I'm thinking phone, charger, toothbrush/paste, deoderant, hair brush and clothes to come home in. Hopefully that's it!! I'm very nervous and excited. I'm just trying to stay busy to keep my mind occupied! Hey good luck to everyone and best wishes!!!!!