Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg users report here!

are you on the right view? there is "Today" "Yesterday" "Target" and "Trip"

Thanks Losingjus me, I don't think there was anything wrong with the bugg that I ordered I just had a hard time believing that I was burning 3500 calories in 24 hour period with out exercising but after doing some research on the bodybugg website the numbers seem normal. I just cant believe that I consistently eat more that 4000 calories which is what it would have to be if I burn 3500 doing nothing during the day and gain weight.

I have more friends that want the bugg. I noticed too that the website will take that coupon code and take $50 off yet says in red the coupon's not valid. So do they have to honor the discount if they put it up there? Has anyone received a new online coupon code? Where the heck do you find those anyway?

I have more friends that want the bugg. I noticed too that the website will take that coupon code and take $50 off yet says in red the coupon's not valid. So do they have to honor the discount if they put it up there? Has anyone received a new online coupon code? Where the heck do you find those anyway?

I purchased the Bodybugg and the watch for 265.00 two weeks ago and that was almost a 40% discount. I also tried to use the coupon but it has been invalid now for three weeks or so. What I did was set the 24hour fitness website as my home page and day and night would check the price. In three days I saw the bug go from 229.00 to 349.00 to 189.00 and then I jumped on it. I ordered it so fast that I did the fast check in which later came back to haunt me since I didn't get a tracking number. My advice is to sit tight and wait, check it often and it will go down. I would go ahead and get a customer login but then wait for it to dip in price.

Hey Buggers,

Can you guys post some of your numbers so I can get an idea of some usual averages? I burn 3500 calories in 24 hours and that is all I am tracking right now pre band. My surgery is Dec 18th. One question I was curious about is does your calorie burn pace slow down once you start dropping pounds. It makes sense that you since you are no longer packing 50 to 100 extra pounds right?

I am thinking about getting a Bodybugg. I have gotten most of my info from the thread, but I haven't read it all. I have done a little research online.

I noticed most of the people getting the BB have already lost a large %age of their weight. Has anyone gotten it w/around the amount of weight I still have to lose? Do you think it's more beneficial when you are closer to your goal?

I have tried FitDay in the past and I do it for a day or so and then stop. I have a hard time getting myself to do it consistantly. Anyone else have this problem? Is it easier, quicker w/BB? A lot of times I feel like I have to do a lot of guessing based off the choices they give or my calculations.

Also, I am really looking to purchase it if the price goes down again, so I will keep looking. What is the monthly fee to use the BB?

Thanks!! :eek:

I am thinking about getting a Bodybugg. I have gotten most of my info from the thread, but I haven't read it all. I have done a little research online.

Hey Skyblu,

I am using Dr. K for my surgery and it is scheduled for Dec 18th so I would be really interested in your experience.

I got my Bugg last week and since I haven’t got banded yet I am not using the food logging functionality as of yet. The main thing that I want to know is how many calories I burn day to day while not doing anything but my usually routine. Then when my doctor puts me on the Pre Diet/ Post Diet and then different fills I know what my baseline is. I burn on average 3500 calories a day so when I get on a 1200-1500 calorie diet I have a good idea of my calorie loss.

Is it easy = The online program basically boils down to three parts. How many calories did you burn today? This is completely automated and you click one button to get how many calories you have burned. The second is the food logging and if you want to log the calories then you can get your difference. The third part is the physical fitness tracking which I haven’t used yet.

I think there will be a point where there is not going to be a 2000 calorie deficit in your every day calorie count and you will need to know the exact calorie intake and what you are burning. Just remember no matter what you read or what changes in your life 3500 calories equals 1 pound of fat. My plan is to know when I am going to lose weight and not leave it up for guessing week to week.

I have been using the bugg for 5 months - and began the process with the understanding that I was roughly 35 pounds from goal - I wanted to get the exercise component integrated into my routine, and wanted to do the work rather than just let the band control my portions.....

I burn on average 3500 calories a day so when I get on a 1200-1500 calorie diet I have a good idea of my calorie loss.

WOW, 3500 seems impressive to me. I am a slug!! I have only had the bug a few days and average 2300. I am not exercising consistenlty tho.

Has anyone had trouble with watch and upload to the computer not matching? Today they are differing about 200cal.

I noticed most of the people getting the BB have already lost a large %age of their weight. Has anyone gotten it w/around the amount of weight I still have to lose? Do you think it's more beneficial when you are closer to your goal?

I have tried FitDay in the past and I do it for a day or so and then stop. I have a hard time getting myself to do it consistantly. Anyone else have this problem? Is it easier, quicker w/BB? A lot of times I feel like I have to do a lot of guessing based off the choices they give or my calculations.

Also, I am really looking to purchase it if the price goes down again, so I will keep looking. What is the monthly fee to use the BB?

Thanks!! :eek:

I still have a LOT of weight to lose, and I LOVE my Bugg.

As for teh people who burn 3500 cals a day -I HATE YOU. Lol. J/K. On a day that I don't work out I will only burn about 2600! I really have to bust my butt and go to the gym or walk nearly 4 miles to reach my goal of 3200...

Peaked my interest Charlotte.

So you are pleased overall?

What made you want to go in this direction?

Hey Buggers,

Can you guys post some of your numbers so I can get an idea of some usual averages? I burn 3500 calories in 24 hours and that is all I am tracking right now pre band. My surgery is Dec 18th. One question I was curious about is does your calorie burn pace slow down once you start dropping pounds. It makes sense that you since you are no longer packing 50 to 100 extra pounds right?

Hey LivingtheDream,

According to my BB, I burn 2600-2800 cals/day, that is with 1 hour and 20 mins of hard cardio and weight training every second day, on top of working full time and running after a 3 and 8 year old in the evenings after work. I'm taking around 12,000 steps per day. To lose 3 lbs/week I am allowed to consume 1150 cals/day with the BB, and I have to expend 2650 per day. My calorie burning pace as definitely slowed with my weight loss. I'm down 100 lbs, 20-30 to go, and it's getting harder and harder for me drop weight. Your metabolism adjusts to your new body weight, you have to trick your body to keep losing by changing up your daily exercise routine and tinkering with your calorie intake. I'm at a serious plateau right now and having a hard time breaking out of it. After surgery I had absolutely no problems losing weight quickly, maybe doing half the work I'm doing now and consuming the same amount of calories, maybe even more. Of course all this is what is happening with ME, I'm sure other people have different circumstances. I hope this helps, good luck with your surgery!!

Buffie

Okay has anyone else had the problem of their bugg buzzing uncontrollably? Within an hour it will probably vibrate 10+ times. It is getting effing annoying. This just started happening last night so I figured it was the battery. Put a new one in and nope, still doing it.

babygrl do you have your bugg on right enough or on the back of your arm? If you do, have you cleaned the contacts lately? Sounds like it connects and then disconnets. Maybe you're wearing it too close to the inside of your arm and you keep knocking it off while you walk or move around work? I noticed if I put mine more towards the outside of my arm versus right no the back I make out better and my arm isn't so sore from the contacts. Delicate skin back there :eek: