Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers...where are you?

Awesome! Any post-op suggestions, @@rowebaught? For diet, pain management, anything?

I took the prescribed pain stuff for two days after and haven't taken any since. Lots of walking, rest when u need it but don't become a vegetable. Do your daily stuff (with limitations!). I like cold Water better than warm (everyone different!) For my crushed meds I put them in a lil shot glass, squirting a little Water Enhancer flavoring w/ a dab of water and down it. So much better than the med taste! I put my "meals" in a small container measured out and just eat slow ...loving greek yogurt, cream of chicken Soup and sonic ice! You'll know when you've taken too big of a bite, or eaten too much, it's a feeling like you've swallowed a big gulp of air on accident and gets stuck in your chest... gas pains were worse while in the hospital, at home I was so relived when I could toot! Hmmm... once I was at home and now in a little routine I have no qualms about my decision and can tell this is exactly what I needed to be successful at living healthy! Take it one (quick) day at a time !

Thanks for advice about cold stuff! Getting toes done. Trying to keep busy til tomorrow!

I'm may 26th in San Antonio!

@@Sara51692, today ends my week 1 of post op and they had me on Clear Liquids, tomorrow is a new day and the start of week 2 post op, I get to eat "full liquids" Protein Shakes and cream Soups (thin) but do have to strain them for any lumps and such, I bought carnation Breakfast (sugar free). Week 3 for me is pureed foods, sad to say but they sound so good (ha).

Good for you!! Ready to be on the other side too.

Hi everyone,

I was sleeved on the 22nd and just now feel up to getting on computer. I am so TIRED....

I don't have much pain, but I bled through the surgical glue on my incisions and made a huge mess of my bed.

Other than that, I am doing ok. I walk every hour or so and I have been 'eating' almost normally. Not much room, but I have been getting the fluids in.

My pain is managable for the most part - now waiting to see some some results from this procedure.

Everyone who is not sleeved yet - it's not that bad, just do what the doc says - WALK!

Bet of luck for those not sleeved yet.

Debi

Thanks!!!

I'm scheduled for tomorrow morning & I'm a nervous wreck... I can't wait though.... :) Look fwd to following your journey too...

Hello May Sleevers! I was sleeved on May 19th, I also did away with pain meds except Tylenol which helped just fine for the first day or so, walking helps relieve the gas pains. I also find it hard to get the full 64 oz of Water but getting more in each day. Yesterday i got in 60 oz, I was so proud of myself. I find that hots go down easier, and mornings are the roughest but once you start drinking it gets better. The night I was released my pressure got really high, but they took me off my blood pressure medicine, so I called my doctor and he said your body just has to adjust and put me back on them for now and I am doing great. I do recommend rolling down your underwear or getting hip undies for mine were laying in my creases where my incisions are and that did cause some discomfort yesterday, at first I thought I did something in my sleep, but now I roll down my pants below the belly button and o boy what a difference. My follow up is on June 5th, trying not to weigh myself until then! I get to start full liquids tomorrow, so excited.

Hello May Sleevers! I was sleeved on May 19th, I also did away with pain meds except Tylenol which helped just fine for the first day or so, walking helps relieve the gas pains. I also find it hard to get the full 64 oz of Water but getting more in each day. Yesterday i got in 60 oz, I was so proud of myself. I find that hots go down easier, and mornings are the roughest but once you start drinking it gets better. The night I was released my pressure got really high, but they took me off my blood pressure medicine, so I called my doctor and he said your body just has to adjust and put me back on them for now and I am doing great. I do recommend rolling down your underwear or getting hip undies for mine were laying in my creases where my incisions are and that did cause some discomfort yesterday, at first I thought I did something in my sleep, but now I roll down my pants below the belly button and o boy what a difference. My follow up is on June 5th, trying not to weigh myself until then! I get to start full liquids tomorrow, so excited.

I feel you with the liquids...I am using a 24 oz. bottle and am lucky to get in 2 fills a day...I do get some other stuff that is considered liquid...but it does seem to get easier. Can't gulp but can take close to the same as before surgery....just a teeny bits of pain (well, more like a pressure) if I do it too fast too often. I also found that I can get more in if i add flavors...like Crystal Light, etc. (anything without Aspartame, makes me sick)

I was done on the 13th...been trying out new stuff all the time...getting sick of sweet stuff :) Cheezits go down really well for me and saltines now....can handle tuna or salmon if I chew really well and it's moist.

Last night I had my worst experience since the Constipation issue...ok, CANNOT do grits...the first time I tried they did fairly well but gave me some heartburn...last night, it got worse and I ended up throwing up everything...I hate vomiting, ugh!! Ok, no grits for me for a very LONG time :) Amazingly when I have been out and can't get anything soft...french fries are really tasty if chewed really well, like mashed potatoes :) I even took a tiny bite of my bf's hamburger patty and it did great, so I may try getting in a bit of ground beef or ground turkey next week...thinking maybe meatballs might work better than anything.....I am still having trouble getting all my Protein but am working on it...will be adding some Prostat soon (it's basically pure Protein in honey like form..2 tblsp = 17 grams - My Mom used to take it for wound care)

I think I am done rambling for now :) Thanks all! Take care! V

You will all do amazingly!!! I am 9 days post-op and happy as can be. Of course it's not easy as pie, but it's worth it and it's not so bad!!! And I have only lost a handful of pounds. I can't imagine how good I'll feel in a month or two.

Forgot to add...I have gotten into the habit of weighing just before bed each night...just to see how it's going...since my surgery on the 13th, I have lost 19 lbs. :) feeling pretty cool :)

I find adding crystal light works best too but only 1/2 packet, things are so much sweeter now. I guess we will all find out what works for us and what doesn't. One week tomorrow, start my Protein shakes for a week, then on to pureed foods. Glad you are doing great! I'm trying not to weigh my my self until my 2 week check up.

I feel you with the liquids...I am using a 24 oz. bottle and am lucky to get in 2 fills a day...I do get some other stuff that is considered liquid...but it does seem to get easier. Can't gulp but can take close to the same as before surgery....just a teeny bits of pain (well, more like a pressure) if I do it too fast too often. I also found that I can get more in if i add flavors...like Crystal Light, etc. (anything without Aspartame, makes me sick)

I was done on the 13th...been trying out new stuff all the time...getting sick of sweet stuff :) Cheezits go down really well for me and saltines now....can handle tuna or salmon if I chew really well and it's moist.

Last night I had my worst experience since the Constipation issue...ok, CANNOT do grits...the first time I tried they did fairly well but gave me some heartburn...last night, it got worse and I ended up throwing up everything...I hate vomiting, ugh!! Ok, no grits for me for a very LONG time :) Amazingly when I have been out and can't get anything soft...french fries are really tasty if chewed really well, like mashed potatoes :) I even took a tiny bite of my bf's hamburger patty and it did great, so I may try getting in a bit of ground beef or ground turkey next week...thinking maybe meatballs might work better than anything.....I am still having trouble getting all my Protein but am working on it...will be adding some Prostat soon (it's basically pure protein in honey like form..2 tblsp = 17 grams - My Mom used to take it for wound care)

Hello May Sleevers! I was sleeved on May 19th, I also did away with pain meds except Tylenol which helped just fine for the first day or so, walking helps relieve the gas pains. I also find it hard to get the full 64 oz of water but getting more in each day. Yesterday i got in 60 oz, I was so proud of myself. I find that hots go down easier, and mornings are the roughest but once you start drinking it gets better. The night I was released my pressure got really high, but they took me off my blood pressure medicine, so I called my doctor and he said your body just has to adjust and put me back on them for now and I am doing great. I do recommend rolling down your underwear or getting hip undies for mine were laying in my creases where my incisions are and that did cause some discomfort yesterday, at first I thought I did something in my sleep, but now I roll down my pants below the belly button and o boy what a difference. My follow up is on June 5th, trying not to weigh myself until then! I get to start full liquids tomorrow, so excited.

Hello May Sleevers! I was sleeved on May 19th, I also did away with pain meds except Tylenol which helped just fine for the first day or so, walking helps relieve the gas pains. I also find it hard to get the full 64 oz of water but getting more in each day. Yesterday i got in 60 oz, I was so proud of myself. I find that hots go down easier, and mornings are the roughest but once you start drinking it gets better. The night I was released my pressure got really high, but they took me off my blood pressure medicine, so I called my doctor and he said your body just has to adjust and put me back on them for now and I am doing great. I do recommend rolling down your underwear or getting hip undies for mine were laying in my creases where my incisions are and that did cause some discomfort yesterday, at first I thought I did something in my sleep, but now I roll down my pants below the belly button and o boy what a difference. My follow up is on June 5th, trying not to weigh myself until then! I get to start full liquids tomorrow, so excited.

Last night I had my worst experience since the constipation issue...ok, CANNOT do grits...the first time I tried they did fairly well but gave me some heartburn...last night, it got worse and I ended up throwing up everything...I hate vomiting, ugh!! Ok, no grits for me for a very LONG time :) Amazingly when I have been out and can't get anything soft...french fries are really tasty if chewed really well, like mashed potatoes :) I even took a tiny bite of my bf's hamburger patty and it did great, so I may try getting in a bit of ground beef or ground turkey next week...thinking maybe meatballs might work better than anything.....I am still having trouble getting all my protein but am working on it...will be adding some Prostat soon (it's basically pure protein in honey like form..2 tblsp = 17 grams - My Mom used to take it for wound care)

Best wishes & prayers to all of this week's sleevers. I'm almost 3 wks out and I feel amazing and so will you. The 1st 4 days post op you will be surprised to see how much better you feel each day. Apparently there is a "stall" around 3-4 wks and we have to work through it. This is a journey....