Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting...June sleevers?

I made my goal! I needed to lose 16 lbs in order to get my surgery and as of this morning I'm down 17! My next weigh-in is on Thursday and then I still have another month (and a final weigh-in) to complete my 90 days. At my next appt we'll be scheduling all my preop testing and then I'm done! So far I've had my initial weigh-in, then my first monthly weigh-in, 2 meetings with the NUT, 2 meetings with the physical therapist, my psych eval, a 5-week Behavior Skills class, and a pre-op support group. It's getting real!

Edited by MrsRoboto

I made my goal! I needed to lose 16 lbs in order to get my surgery and as of this morning I'm down 17! My next weigh-in is on Thursday and then I still have another month (and a final weigh-in) to complete my 90 days. At my next appt we'll be scheduling all my preop testing and then I'm done! So far I've had my initial weigh-in, then my first monthly weigh-in, 2 meetings with the NUT, 2 meetings with the physical therapist, my psych eval, a 5-week Behavior Skills class, and a pre-op support group. It's getting real!

Great job! Keep up the hard work!!!

@@haleylhs Wow, sounds like you are doing really well getting prepared! I like Premier Protein too, even the chocolate. I also have the Syntrax Nectar products and they are good as well. Good to know about the Centrum chewables, I have some bariatric ones now, but they were given to me by my NUT and I wasn't sure about ordering more.

@@haleylhs Wow, sounds like you are doing really well getting prepared! I like Premier Protein too, even the chocolate. I also have the Syntrax Nectar products and they are good as well. Good to know about the Centrum chewables, I have some bariatric ones now, but they were given to me by my NUT and I wasn't sure about ordering more.

Where do you get the Syntrex Necter?

@jaxmom1974 http://www.mybariatricpantry.com/SYNTRAX_NECTAR_PROTEIN_POWDER_SAMPLES_p/nectar-sample.htm

Started with this to find which ones I like. but you can find them at a lot of places, just google it.

Does GNC sell the Syntrax Nectar single serve packets? I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and they only had chocolate. I ended up ordering the sample pack from mybariatricpantry.com last night but it would be more convenient if I could find them in a store.

I don't think GNC carries Syntrax, but I could be wrong. I get mine here now along with samples of a ton of other brands. Once I knew which ones I like, it just seemed easier. I'm super lazy so I get everything delivered. :D

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-powders/protein-powder-samples-1-serving.html?_vsrefdom=google1&gclid=CPLymv7itcUCFZRgfgod304A1w

Edited by Seahawkgirl

Thank goodness for the samples!! I would have been mad if I had bought a large container of the nectar... It was gross lol

Yeah, Unjury does that too... Just got my samples!!! Can't edit to try them! (BTW they are 20gms Protein per packet ... Use in 4oz liquid) how much protein does Syntrax have?

I am scheduled to have my sleeve done on June 3rd. I received a letter today stating my medical history and all tests were approved. I am paying out of pocket for this because my insurance does not cover it. I'm ok with this!!!! I have been waiting a very long time to get where I am and I am overly excited and anxious to get this surgery done. I'm 5'0'' 240lbs my BMI is 45.9. As obesity runs in my family, I refuse to end up like my father who before he has his sleeve surgery weighed almost 380lbs, with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type two diabetes and obviously obesity. Reality set in about 3.5 weeks ago when I, along with my cousin, her two boys and my 2 children took a fun trip to the zoo. I paid and waited 20+ minutes in line to ride the 800lb clydesdale (sp?) horses with my daughter and son. When I was ready to get on the horse, the man walking the horses told me (in front of 25 plus people) that I was too big to ride the horse. Not only did he embarrass me and humiliate me in front of total strangers her gestured with his arms that I was "too big to ride the horse" I held back my tears and walked out of line. I did get a change to meet with the supervisor for the horses and let me tell you, he didn't like what I had to say. I too like my father suffer from diabetes. my weight has restricted me from doing fun things like the zoo horse experiences and even amusement parks. I am happy to say this will be the best thing I spend a ton of money on!

@ my dear, I'm so sorry that happened to you!! People can be so insensitive. But yeah for you, you are getting healthy changing your life!!

@ I too, had an experience that prompted me to be done. I was buying some Diet Coke in the grocery store and a stranger said to me 'don't bother with diet soda, just starve yourself'. I was in such shock that I couldn't respond. I could never in my life imagine saying something so cruel to someone I didn't know. I went to my car and cried. I too, am self pay but it will be the best money spent ever.