Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Getting Close...don't know if I can do this

Next Thursday is my last appointment and I make my surgery date...but i scared. I'm not sure if I can do this? I've been cheating on my dieting for about a week and a half. If I can't manage under the pressure now, how will I be able to after :(

It's never too late to get back on track. One day at a time.

I too have been on a diet before surgery and have been using "my fittness pal" it has helped me loose the weight that my doc told me to loose. My surgery date is March 3rd. I'm also scared but at the same time I'm excited about the new life ahead of me. Good luck in your journey.

Well if your anything like me you won't have any hunger after. I mean none. So it's really easy to not eat or "cheat".

Being nervous is perfectly normal! You are making a permanent change to your body which will make you change your lifestyle. It is a lot to take in. I suggest journaling to help you work through these feelings. The biggest help for me was 2 lists I made and kept right on the fridge. The first list is all the reasons why I chose surgery. The 2nd list was all the things I can't wait to do when I lose weight. It is my bariatric bucket list. Those papers helped me keep everything in perspective when I started to get nervous or overwhelmed. You made this decision rationally and after much consideration. There are reasons why you have worked so hard to get ready for surgery. Stop sabotaging yourself and reset your eating habits. You can do this. We all are here if you need to talk or need support!

Yes, it is just standard cold feet that you are going through. You'll be fine. And, like the others said, take it one day at a time. You probably will cheat occasionally after surgery but it's surprising how much you won't want to! Especially once you start seeing results.

Best of luck and keep us updated!! We're all here to support you.

I'm not quite 4 weeks out and the change in hunger is amazing. It makes a huge difference. But you do have to commit because sometime the head wants things that aren't good for us. Write down your commitment and say it out loud every day.

I totally get the cold feet feeling now. Two days ago, my surgeon's office called me to set the date for my surgery. That is when it felt so real. My heart started racing and I asked myself if I was doing the right thing.

Of course, I reminded myself that I am. I set the date (3/31) and I plan on using the remaining weeks to wrap my head around the very real changes that are about to come.

What you're feeling is completely normal. You do have to commit yourself 100% to making the right choices the band is just a tool to help you along the way BUT ONCE IT'S PROPERLY ADJUSTED will make making the right choices so much easier!!! Right now you're doing what we've all done over and over again, diet without any assistance once you have the band you will have the edge you need to succeed. Just stay positive and believe in yourself and you will do great!

Cheating after a sleeve is tough. You can "slide" your way through without loosing weight, but if you eat the Protein that is required for your continued health, you will be successful. Not enough room in your stomach for everything you can eat now. I cheated on my two week pre-op diet. In fact, I had a few "food funerals", but my surgeon had never indicated he expected me to lose weight during the pre-op diet, just keep it high in Protein to shrink my liver.