Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Although I am two years out from being banded, I have a number of body image issues and I find that photographs help me to see what I have trouble seeing when I look in the mirror. I know that pictures also help my buddies on this site when they wonder if they too can transform even with high BMI's or complicated co-morbidities. Here's the proof that it can be done by just limiting intake, making healthy choices, and moving a little bit. I haven't done anything to excess and have still found success. If I can do it, so can any of you. The first set of pictures is from our company Christmas party. The before is from 2011 and the after is from 2014. The other set of pictures is from a hotel I stayed at in June of 2013 and again last week. At the time of the first picture, I was already down nearly 70 lbs. and the after pic is me down 155 lbs.

post-142630-0-68721200-1423671609_thumb.jpg

post-142630-0-21954600-1423671640_thumb.jpg

@@gowalking that's great. I think pictures do help. I still feel large, but I see pictures and really notice the difference. I think it will take a long time for my mind to catch up to my actual body.

I have spent soooo many years avoiding pictures, that I never considered taking more pictures to show how I'm changing. I feel very odd looking in the mirror now. I tend to notice the flaws first. Thank you for this powerful reminder!

So true! And like others I despised seeing pictures of myself. Now I have one up on the wall beside my desk as a reminder of how happy I am to have collar bones again.

Wow! Very powerful, inspiring and just absolutely amazing!!!!

Love it love it love it! I take lots of selfies that nobody sees but myselfie.

@@gowalking

You look amazing! Way to go!

Maybe in time I will enjoy the whole picture thing...lol

For now I will be the photographer!

@@Bandista

I wonder if I have a collar bone.....haven't seen it for quite a while ;) lol

I have pics in my gallery, but how did you get them at the bottom of your post? I love them by the way, you remind me of Jamie Lee Curtis that's a compliment I think Jamie Lee
Curtis is beautiful.

@@amponder, I don't know this for a fact, but I don't think you can do it from your phone or tablet. If using your PC there is an image icon to upload photos in the reply box.

@@gowalking I don't know that I had ever seen any of your before pictures and they are very inspiring! You look great and remain an inspiration for the rest of us!

It is so interesting to come aross this topic today because I was just thinking this morning about pictures of myself. I actually take a lot of selfies, but mostly for me. Ironically, I can be quite photogenic...from shoulders/neck up. I know *how* to angle my face, tip my head, make my face look thinner than it is, etc. But I can't stand full body pics. But I read an article a long time ago where a young woman said that she resisted the urge to throw away all of her fat pictures because she embraces that even though she doesn't like them, it was a part of who she was. I have always thought that was such a healthy way to think and your words remind me of this. Very timely!

I have pics in my gallery, but how did you get them at the bottom of your post? I love them by the way, you remind me of Jamie Lee Curtis that's a compliment I think Jamie Lee

Curtis is beautiful.

Aww..thank you @amponder. Are you on a laptop? If yes, you just need to click on the 'attach' icon and upload the pictures to your post.

for me pictures work also. but what is even more helpful is putting on clothes that are too big now. for example my wife has a picture of me when I went back to school 2 years ago. at graduation I weighed 408 pounds. I was wearing this lightweight tan suit, and I thought I looked good in it, but I put on the suit jacket the other day and my god, it was like wearing a toga, I was sooo happy. its nice to physical compare yourself against you own body image to see the changes...if that makes sense.