Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I'm looking to say Hi to others making the trip and surgery on or around Feb 19th with Dr Corvala or Angeles Hospital? Please touch base if you are. Would love to say Hi.

Thanks!

post-247352-0-49047200-1423603417_thumb.jpg

I am feeling well. Yesterday wasn't easy the day after surgery. I was one of the lucky few that got bad gas pains. The others on my floor didn't have a hard time with that. This place is incredible. Angeles is a full all encompassing hospital that feels like a spa. I have lots of pics and will write a journal with them. Great nurse staff, doctors and care all around. I might even get my teeth done while here...need a bunch of work..any questions just ask.

Glad to hear all went well with ur surgery! Did you bring gas-x strips? Did they help? I have my surgery March 6 with Dr Corvala and am anxious to get it done. I'll be following ur posts, get some rest. I'm also from the Savannah area.

I met dr Luke on his team. His name I think was janine Luke. I had Dr Vibreel for anethesiologist and Dr Corvala did a great job very little pain at all accept gas and seems to have done an excellent job not only in surgery but in pre-op and post-op care through the entire medical staff. Diligent about monitoring blood pressure temp IVs. They are waiting until 48 hrs to Xray for leaks so tonight at 5pm. I've been to quite a few hospitals from east to west coast and I would say the management and care is equal if not greater.big have always felt a lot of pain in my I've catheter but not this one. Even the way they secure it is better then I've experienced. There are about 6 nuses and managing floor doctors each day. The only challenge was one time a nurse changing my fluids didn't speak any English and I asked her to send in someone that did since she was adding a new painkiller and I didn't want anymore especially if no nausea medicine.they had an interpreter here yesterday as well. I know some Spanish and most nurses and staff know english. Equal care if not better. You are in the field and will know this at a more technical level. If they are doing anything differently it HSS gotten past me. The good difference is the staff us friendlier and more patient

Gas x strips didn't work for me. Just got xrays and all is well. I am on the terrace at the restaurant now. The pharmacy is also here on premises. Here are some pictures

post-247352-14245436211455_thumb.jpg

post-247352-14245436576122_thumb.jpg

post-247352-14245437264443_thumb.jpg

post-247352-14245437625503_thumb.jpg

post-247352-14245437753538_thumb.jpg

post-247352-1424543787394_thumb.jpg

post-247352-14245438154406_thumb.jpg

post-247352-14245438545356_thumb.jpg

Thx for all the pics, now I know what to expect there! Looks good. Glad to see that u r moving around well today.

Dr Corvala and surgeons, Dr Janine Nutritionist, transport mini van

post-247352-14246660174076_thumb.jpg

post-247352-14246660429073_thumb.jpg

post-247352-14246660731356_thumb.jpg

post-247352-1424666106025_thumb.jpg

Amazing actually.thanks for asking.

I chose Dr Corvala because of his credentials and the hospital he worked out of. I was sleeved on 3/5/15 and had an excellent

experience, so far down 27 lbs 7 weeks post-op. I think this is where I found my level of comfort going to Mexico to have my

surgery, I also researched Dr Ungson at Almater hospital in Mexicali, where my friend had it done with Dr Acheves in 2014. I researched several others that were around the same cost or less but my peace of mind lead to my decision. Good luck to you!

Hi, first I want to thank you for posting pics.

Second congrats to you and I hope you are well and doing great these months later.

I would like to have Dr Corvala do my sleeve. I just don't know what site to

Make an appt and get info on the price etc.

Can you pm me or post where you got his info so I can start my journey too.

Many thanks n hugs

Vicky