Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months in (with pictures)

I am 3 months in and I have great days and bad days. There is still so much I have to learn, or relearn as the case may be, but on my good days, I feel stronger than ever. I definitely still have issues to work on, but it feels so good to know that I did this for myself and that hard work is paying off. I am such a results oriented person that it is hard to take things day by day, sometimes. Having said that, 3 months is a great time to reflect on where I was 3 months ago.

3 months ago I weighed the most I ever have. Today I am almost down to my lowest adult weight.

3 months ago I was a collective 24 inches larger than I am (arms, bust, waist, hips, thighs).

3 months ago I had knee pain severe enough to make me finally go see an ortho for him to basically tell me there was nothing wrong with my knees and that I needed to lose weight. For the record I think he is way wrong - knees don't hurt for no reason, even if I am/was overweight. Today my knees only hurt if the weather is doing something crazy (true story) or if I have been particularly active.

3 months ago I was 20 pounds heavier. Today I still battle with the word "only" - I "only lost 20 pounds, etc, and "should" - I "should" be further along than I am, etc. But today I am more capable of giving myself grace when I make mistakes.

3 months ago I overate constantly, exercised very little, and was very lethargic. Today I still battle motivation to a degree, but I go walking 5 days out of the week and I use my band to help control how much I eat. Today I am that much closer to my green zone than I was 3 months ago.

3 months ago I took antacid medicine on a regular basis. Today I have zero heartburn or gerd issues. In fact, I haven't had heartburn once since surgery.

Last but not least, I will attach some pictures. I am very self-conscious of these, but they tell my story more clearly than any words I could say. 3 months ago I said, "it's hopeless; I can never change." Today I say, "yes, I have a long way to go but it IS possible. I CAN do this. I WILL do this."post-240039-0-58448100-1423428776_thumb.jpg post-240039-0-73811900-1423428778_thumb.jpg

You look wonderful. Be proud of yourself!!

You can definitely see the difference. Thanks for sharing! Great job!!

Great job…it is amazing the transformation in even just a few months….

I am 18 months out and am still learning things about this whole process…..there is a huge learning curve in my opinion. And I agree with you….hard to go day by day sometimes…..

You are on a great path….keep it up!

Look at that perfect hourglass shape you have. You go girl!

Good for you, it's a great feeling when you can actually see your work start to take shape. You've inspired me to share my before and current photos too. I haven't measured myself again since I started the pre-op diet so will get to that at some stage too.

12 November 2014

12 November 2014

29 January 2015

29 January 2015

Edited by Miss Meg

Thank you so much, everyone, for your comments! It's hard to put yourself out there sometimes, but this is worth it. @MissMeg, you look great! When you take your measurements, you will be so surprised! It's one thing to see a number on a scale or the difference in a photo, but seeing that you lost 5 inches off your waist is really something! @@GingerLeAnna, you made me smile ear to ear! Hubby loves me as I am and has supported me and my efforts for many years, but he says he can't wait to see my true figure come alive - perfect hour glass.

Thanks again!!

Keeper you have done great in 3 months. I know in a year you will feel wonderful and look awesome. I had my surgery 2 years ago and much of the same issues that you had are gone. no more heartburn (I took Prilosec everyday) . No more diabetes, no more high blood pressure, no more high cholesterol and finally no more knee and foot pain. I was almost immobile. Only regret is taking too long to make the change. Keep up the good work I will look forward to seeing more of those positive reports.

Wow! You are doing beautifully. So happy for you!

This post was great to read! You both look wonderful.