Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for support

Hi I had my sleeve in june 2014 ive only lost 16 lbs... im probably one of the ones they shouldnt have cleared.. im going through some family issues and I gained 9 lbs in 6 weeks

Im seeing my dietitian and psy on monday.. I am actually feeling like all hope is lost with this and there is no way I can fix it.. I feel so despondent. I know I am depressed. My brother said the winter weather isnt helping either. Please any words of wisdom, tia

It'll be okay! I was really depressed and also went through some family issues, even going so far as contemplating/planning suicide.

Its hard, it really is. But it always gets better. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but eventually. Hell, my life is pretty much crap right now though I will admit getting vsg helped improve my overall mood, but I'm still working through it.

I try to see the details in everything that people gloss over. I'm crazy observant and I've found that the little things in life are the things I find most beautiful and give me joy. (Sometimes I think I'm a weirdo!)

I love looking at the barcodes on grocery items because sometimes you get that one of a kind company that gets all creative and designs it in a cool way(Would it be weird to admit to collecting them?). I learned how to knit/sew which turned out to be the most relaxing hobby in the world even for the most stressed filled days!

You're obviously moving in the right direction though, by making an appointment with your dietitian and psych. You're taking control. (I had a really bad experience with a previous psych that really drove my mind further into the abyss until I met a psych for my psych eval for bariatric approval)

Just remember, its tough. It's hard, and just like losing weight it's something we will always have to maintain and work at.

Sorry this was long!

I think winter months are the hardest to lose weight with or without the sleeve. It's cold dark and depressing. Have u tried joining a gym? I find if I make myself go a few days a week I feel a little better. I've been at a stall for awhile and trying to get back to basics, adding Protein Shakes and lowering my food intake. Good luck, they weren't kidding when they said it's not the easy way out

How can I help? I don't have enough information to know what to say. I believe you though....this just isn't working!

I am successful sleever (maintaining 150# +loss ) after epic fail with diets and even 10 years with lapband.

Please don't give up on yourself. Remember the reasons you did the surgery to start with. You must think of yourself during this and try to put some of the other issues out of your mind and concentrate on just YOU for this period of time. You are the important thing right now. I don't know if you have the help of a good psychologist or not but I know my life would be so much harder without mine. You can do this! Don't let whatever has put you into this state of mind win. You are too important to have that happen. To have gone through such a drastic measure as the surgery, and yes we have gone through a very drastic measure to get where we are, you must now think of succeeding not failing. That is why we all started this journey to begin with. Sometimes outside influences try to make us fail. We can't let them. Every time you have a successful day you are telling those influences that You are in control and not them. And it will get easier each day that you come out in top. This is now a way of life for us and we all are going to go through rough Patches. I have family issues living right in my neighborhood where they influence me every day in some way. I try to distance myself from them when possible. And when not I just try to remember that each success I have us one more point in my column with my war with them because deep down they wish for me to fail at this. Or at least that is how I feel. They are the kind of person who has to constantly get their digs in about being a size 0 or that they can never find clothes in their size because they are so small. Just what an overweight woman wants to hear. But I won't let them win. I have been given a wonderful tool to fight my obesity with and I will win this battle and then they will not have that to hold over me any more. I am Woman, Hear me roar. Hang in there and remember the reason you started this journey. And fight to win your battle. Let me know if I can be of any help even if it is just to talk.