Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting back...banded 3/20/08

Happy Monday. I wish I had the fortitude to follow all the rules as I did 5 years ago. It makes me very scared that I am having problems doing it. I tend to want to finish what I started. Like the box of healthy choice pops. Fudge bars. just got up and took one to have. hmm tastes refreshing - lol. ..I have a great big job here. even though I am retired, this is a job.

Tuesday, I want to go to Water aerobics. and then on Sat. WE are heading for a nice 7 day cruise on Feb 21 -Feb 28.

But I still see that scale where I don't want it to be. We have been taking our walk as much as possible. Being in South Florida, we tend to get used to warm weather and because of that even 72 degrees is cold for us. Dr Quack, upped my anti depressants and might be messing up my weight going down. oh crap. I will continue not eating the white flour junk that I abstained from from the start. I will be going for a slight fill in a few days. so have a nice day take care.

I so understand what you are saying about following the rules like before. My weight left me so easy then. I really could kick myself for letting this weight back on. Did I say I hate exercising?! I think so :wacko: Water intake has been going great. I want to snack to much. Another day tomorrow.

Het you two! Glad to hear from you both! I think checking in frequently is the thing to do to help us all out! It's a daily struggle at this point for a lot of us banders. Ilene glad you have your cruise to look forward too. Sometimes that can be a motivator. Keep walking like you're doing.

Sahm I'm with you on the exercising. I wish God would have given me that gene that makes people think about exercising like I think about brushing my teeth! lol (I'm a Dental Hygienist) I did good today on the eats and water/diluted green tea. Now if I can get on the treadmill for another 15 mins or so! Ughh! Tomorrow's another day! Nite

I love the checking in each day. We may be miles away from each other, but it still helps. I have to use the scale in the same means. It keeps me on track.

I will say my make size has been good over the last few days also. I put the pacer app on my phone yesterday. WOW I don't do much walking, I'm a admin to two pastors and I not up as much as I thought I was. I'm sure some days are more, but I was surprised at how few steps I take.

Until tomorrow ladies! Keep up the great work. We are going to get there.

Can I join your little group . If not i understand . I was banded June 2013 started at 289 and lost about 50 . Had to have a revision cause my tubing disconnected from the port had a hysterectomy and up and down losing the same weight over and over . Was 255 yesterday and feel so awful . I need to get back on track !!:(

Hi Hopeful.In.NY....yes, come on. I'm trying to check in everyday for accountability. If you need to vent, encouragement, etc post away. We just started a week ago. :) We can do this!

Oh dear me. I made the mistake of being on the ipad and writing stuff. Then i went to post. good luck with that.

Welcome to Miss NY. I am from Brooklyn NY.

I have been sabatauging myself. Last night we had a nice chocolate bar. Today I had a small bag of chips. The Power Crunch bars that I used to eat every night are gone. I bought them by the box. The healthy choice bars are almost over. I tossed the peanuts out. but binged on the pistacio nuts in the bed room.

I am going for a weigh in and a fill next week. good luck with the fill... I am on an increased dosage of antidepresent now but we do walk alot. Also yesterday I went Water aerobics. I wear a fitbit on my bra and it measures all the steps I take, including up the stairs. It also records my lack of sleep. which is very poor. stress, lack of sleep and other bad stuff dont help us lose weight. So I myself make answers to why i am not losing.

I certainly know better. as a team leader on Sparkpeople.com, I witnessed all the gals gaining weight and I heard their reasons. However, I was on the losing or maintaining streak and didn't understand what they were going through. I am ashamed right now. I bought size 14 average jeans and they fiut great and I still can wear my size m's.

I am in morning for my brother for a year now and it is the anniversary of his death. I took it very hard and gain the weight cause I didnt care to live with out him. I miss him and his love and kindness. we were so close. He was my best friend. I actually have no one to talk to now.

I have faith in myself to lose this weight. we did it before.

I could never have told any of this truth to my team. I value you all for the opportunity to be honest with myself. with out judgement...thanks hugs. Ilene

Ilene sorry for your loss and the effects of that .. Life gets in our way sometimes . I have my grandmothers funeral tomorrow and I am trying not to turn that into a food fest . She was 93'lived a healthy life she walked and rode her bike till she was 90.

I know about feeling bad . I see all the people that started when I did and are at goal or have lost a lot . I don't want to go to my local support group for the same reason . I did a phone meeting through another board that's free once a month and that seemed to help me . Ivenhad terrible time with fills the last two,I have had overfilled so I can hardly swallow my own saliva. And then have to go for unfill it's so frustrating . Then I get charged twice .

Thanks for letting me be a part of this . No one understands and glad to have safe place to vent .

-L

Hey Miss NY. What part of NY are you in? Thanks for your thoughts...Sorry about your Grandma. I am happy to hear that a food fest is not planned for you.

This is a place to vent. it is safe. I usually have a safe place 1x a week at my social workers office.

I noticed tht when I ate very little yesterday, I lost some ounces on the scale. I am trying to eat much less. I am eating a turkey meat loaf. I had some eggs this am. I feel quite full right now. I did slim on the meat loaf. which makes me wonder if having a slight fill is the right thing to do.

I have maintained a sleep pattern of between 4hrs30 min to 5 hours, many times i am restless. I don't like the ambien. I feel very confused from it. I am on Facebook if anyone wants to see me. Ilene Falley-Harrell.

I will be going to be in Brooklyn ny for Passover from 4/1/ to 4/8.

Take care everyone.

I live in NY about an hour south of syracuse . Glad you had a good day food wise . I didn't eat too much caue was gone all day and car a lot. Of course I came home and had a few Hershey's minaturea but still stayed within my calories so that was good . I walked in the snow before I left for funeral . I use a fit bit and usually get my 10000 steps in . I do go to the gym 5 times a week but then tend to use that as excuse to have treats .

Hope everyone has a good day.

I am going to see my daughter at college for the weekend . So that should be good .

❤️

I had a day yesterday where I would have normally eaten everything in sight. Very emotional day at work, but that is another story. The worst thing I put in my month was a 1 twizzlers. I have to say I'm proud of myself. Still haven't made it on the treadmill. Today is my day off from work so errands and clean house.

How much snow have you ladies seen in NY? Fingers crossed that we will finally get some on Tuesday & Wednesday here.

Keep pushing forward. Every ounce counts.

good Morning. I dont live in NY anymore. I live where the sun shines most of the time. Florida. We are having a little cold wave here. 71 degrees for me is cold. So I am able to wear my long sleeves and pants. We usually have about 12 cold days and thats it. I also was eating candy but it is gone now. (chocolate from Hersheys) and no way would I buy the Twizlers. I would eat all of them.

My name on fitbit is Momagrok. Before I had friends on fitbit. I was a leader with my steps. Now I am not. lol.

While i was first on my program, from day one. I was very strict. for me I feel that letting those carbs or sugars in to my life has truly messed me up. Even on a cruise ship, while I would not eat bread or potatoes or white flours stuff. I made excuses and ate sugar free deserts. I was a bad Momagrok. But by the time I started to eat wrong I really didnt care about myself. I do now and the peanuts have been tossed out and I ate the last of the pisstacios last night.

Since we will be going to the cruise on Saturday. I will not be pushing myself for exercise. I am anxious to return and start my old routine with Jazersize and Water class. Also I plan to do my Gazelle. I know that I am using the older person card here. But I truly am hurting from the cold and the statins that the dr is giving me for my Cholestrol. We got some free sugar free Cookies but I will try my best not to eat them. . I made some eggs for egg salad. I just had some. The less I eat the better I will do. hugs to all. ps I am finally learning my makiing of hearts on u tube. I crochet to keep busy. away from the fridge

Sorry Ilene I knew that. We have wind chills today and it's freezing outside. We are going to see single digits this weekend. :blink: Trying to stay warm.

We have had way too much snow !! And today it's around -5. Soo cold !! I'm visiting my daughter and brought clothes to walk outside but be too cold for me . Might try the hotel weight room .

Baby steps will get us all there !!!