Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting back...banded 3/20/08

I don't have fitbit. Have been thinking about it though. Ilene...I'm in the same boat as you on insurance and coverage. Don't have it anymore. That has been part of my issue. The last I check around it was $500 for a fill also. At the time my husband lost his job I couldn't even think of going there. Once I get back down to where I was I really need to get a fill. If I remember I only have 4cc in my band.

Has far a meals I do a shake a lot of time for Breakfast. Not a big meal for me. lunch I high Protein and dinner has been a smaller portion of whatever I'm fixing the family. Cutting out Snacks and drinking my Water has been good for me also.

hi friends. It is 7:10 am, I am at the computer so I can write more. I have this website in my favorites. I hope that you can get to it. If not and you want to please email me at Lizybird@aol.com. if you send your email name to me I can email it to you. It is about our desire for more fills. It is a great site. It can explain why we want more fills, but we really dont need them. I am going for a fill on Tuesday. it will be $100.00. and as you can read, I am like a hypocrit cause I do exactly the opposite of what I read this morning and suggesting you to read. Oh well, its not the first mistake I made this year, this week, this day. etc. . http://drsimpson.net/fills/lap-bandeating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html hopefully it wrote this out.right.-----

I see that my sleep is less than 5 hours each night with constant restlessness. Going to the bathrrom 3 times a night. I am taking some azo pills for the bladder control. This was my first few days and I have to build it up to have it work, If it will. I am going to a dr very soon (gyn) regarding the biopsy for my cells etc. in my uterous. very nervous. i really never had any surgeries. so I am scared. .

I am up to my second cup of coffee already. then I wait and drink some Water. all this time I go and go and I think my uterus has a dropped on my bladder. also I am older. almost 67.

I dont know if I told you that I also contacted my original doc. And he first said that he would do fill for $150. but I got him down to $100.00. He could really give it to me for free. Since I am even on his web sit as before and after. but I do rember how he just put Water in and his personality was not as supportive or educated as I am reading from others on other sites. This one I am going to on Tues is a beautiful, thin kind pa/who is also a nutritionest.

So if I am paying as I have to, I want the best. Also the other office is south towards Miami, and his phone and who ever answers the phone speak broken english and I cant understand them. I am imagiing that his office looks like the people in the office. I do admit that I am assuming. Sometimes a a bargin is not a bargin. Not sure if I would have chosen him if he went down to $75.00,,which is really all that a fill should be. (I think) so if you want me to send the email let me know...

what do you think about us admitting to each other the wrong things that we are doing. ?? Ill start:

I had some Cookies this past week. i ate too many pistachious in the bed.1/2 cup would be my prescribed limit. bad me. I dont measure my food. I am feeling ashamed of myself. I need more good and kind people in my life.

gotta go since it is 7:38 and we have to go to the shrink. Thats another story. hugs Ilene

Yesterday.... Breakfast was only coffee, lunch was one cup of Lima Beans, snack was 6 Jordan almonds, 6oz of Mt. Dew (bad i know). Supper 1/2 cup of home made chili with 6 saltines and snack was 3 girl scout samoas.

no exercise due to the fact that i had the grandkids and it was 30 degrees here in Louisiana... I know some of you are saying,... that's not cold.... hell if it an't... lol

It is great that we can confess if we ate the wrong foods. After all, it is our responsibility to do and eat what we know we should have. A. It is our choice every day. When I was a team leader, I got very upset when others cheated. But I am not one and I only will be responsible for what I eat and do.

How about we talk about what we know is the right kind of food to eat ? That will help me for sure. I count carbs and eat good Protein.< /p>

Cindysmom - maybe the forum group "Accountability" would be a better fit for you.

Thank you, I will chk it out. Tonight I have turkey slices, green beens and cheese. That is the way I ate when I was strict.

Good thoughts. good luck. hugs. I have been walking more. The stress that I am under is holding me back. *i think. But Tuesday I am getting a small fill. I hope that it works for me.

Cindy's Mom - not trying to get rid of you, of course, but this may be a good fit for you:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/329299-accountability-group/?view=getnewpost

I'm still here, Sorry things have been crazy busy. All is well and still hanging in there. Trying really hard to keep my portions in control. Keeping the snacking down unless I need a little something to hold me over. Weather is warming up here. I want to get out and start walking. Going to Disney in a few weeks and I know I be walking a bunch there. What's come off is staying off so I'm happy. It's a lot slower this time.

Ilene thanks for the website. Had to mess with the link you posted, but I got to it. Some great information on there.

Hope to check back in a little more often now.

Hi, sorry about the missing letter in the website. Not surprised. Lol.

Have a great time in Disney sorry how the prices went up. I live about 5 hours from it.

I will be staying with this group. I did chk out the accountability one, but. I don't to want to change.

Had a fill $100.00 on Tues. found out that I had 5.7??? And now it is 6.5. I felt a pain in my upper area towards the shoulder right then. Vargas nerve I think. Well the jury is is out about it. Having some thoughts that it is too full. But $100.00 is not what I want to pay to have some out. Maybe today, , with me having some control with my bad habits, and eating less as I should, I will not be throwng up. ;&)&$&. I have dropped 3 lbs. . This I pad acting up

I on a different pad tablet, space and am ok to dictate what I want to say. I am hoping that my new feel bill backspace will be working better for me than 2 days ago. Bass I attempted to send this tablet back but it is too late now it is very difficult for me to use my ipad wiz bariatric pal. Bass the word bass is have the ipad the pad here types face

100 dollars is nothing . My fills are over 1000 each . The hospital charges about 700 and the surgeon fee is 300 to do it under Fluoro. I have a 5200 deductible so it makes me mad and the lady two fills he put too much in and had to go for unfill .. and had to pay twice !!

Well now I will try typing! This tablet is something that I need to learn. Lol. Thanks for your patience with me. Oh nice emotion here.♈B-) B-) B-) .

Hmmm. This part is better than the iPad! It is me....lol. I think that I will delete pal from iPad and use this Tablet. I might have to change my email address! Just talking out loud here.

I really want to get the benefits of this forum. Alex is so nice and I wished that I could have met him in NY but I can't.

Well ...how about if we change our ways! ?

Snacking. would you be willing to not snack on junk? Or limit the Snacks daily? How about the time it is done? I would write down every time I snacked, how much, what was it? What was my mood? Could I have been satisfied with less???? please let me know!.

I thought that the website would help! Yes yes! Have not heard from the other gals! Hope all is fine. I will keep u abreast of my changes! Re iPad vs tablet! My email is lizybird@aol.com if you want to email. And I am on Skype also Hugs ilene