Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting back...banded 3/20/08

I need a buddy. I was banded in 2008 and did great. I lost 94 lbs and kept it off until sometime in 2011. My husband lost his job and our insurance in 2011. We have not had insurance since then to cover any fills or visits for my lap band. Was actually calling for a fill when he lost his job. Needless to say I have put about 40 lbs back on and I need it gone. I forgot how I felt at this weight and I don't like it. Stress of no job, comfort food, etc. was my excuse. I need someone who has been there and can hold me accountable. All the sites have changed so much. Even RealizeMySuccess.com is gone. I had my fill information there and my weight loss info. :( Is anyone willing to kick my butt? I have put the app on my phone for encouragement, cries for help, or whatever it takes kind of talk. I'm starting back to the beginning with my 2 week pre-op plan and going from there. My biggest problem has come from snacking too much and not drinking my Water. Meal size has increased some, but no where like it was before getting my band. There is even things I eat and I fill the band has restrictions. Who is willing to take on this mess and help me get back to where I need to be? ;)

I am in a similar situation. Today is my bands anniversary 5 years. I am a bit older than you, I have a feeling that your year of birth is 1970. I will be 67 years old. Are you interested in me?

I am married. I don't think that we need to kick any one butt at all. I think we need friendship, love, caring, support. I myself eould never want anyone to kick my butt. I myself have done that. Esp over the past year. I gained 30 lbs. I lost my brother a year ago and have been very sad since. But I do need to go back and exercise. It's all up to Ourselves. But yea I need help too.

Hey you two, I'll help! Maybe the 3 of us could be accountable to each other. I'm nearly 9 yrs out with my band and I'm struggling. In '09 I was 5 lbs from my goal wt (70 lbs) and lost my sweet spot from an unfollow and have not found it again. My lowest wt was 137 and I'm struggling to hold 160 now.

I'm ready to help!

YA know what? This sounds like a great idea. Especially if we really want to achieve our goal.

How about if we write down our original way that we ate when we got our band? And then write down what we are doing now.

We are in different parts of the USA. Va, Arkansas, and me in South Florida. In Alec's lapband book, I am Ilene from ny and florida.

Game on! I'm starting today back with the pre-op diet for 1-2 weeks. Would love to get that 12 lb jump again like before, but I know that won't happen this time around. ????. My first goal is to go down 15-20 lbs by the end of March. Going on a field trip with my son to Disney for marching band.

Something I didn't have to do the last time around was exercise. I'm going to put walking in this time around for 3 days a week.

This is my starting point anyway. Don't know if you ladies are ready today to start, but set your date and less gets this weight loss going again.

Maybe we will get some more people to join along the way.

Ok, I'm with ya! I'm going back to counting calories and logging my exercise with My Fitness Pal. I've got a treadmill and elliptical-I've got to use them and get this under control. My first goal is these 6 holiday pounds! 2 weeks!

My exercise goal to start will be walking 20 mins 3 X week and 30 mins 2 X week.

Go!

How did you do yesterday? I did pretty good. Had almonds to hold me over between one meal an a apple the other. Exercising tonight. Oh and got my Water in!

Hey Gals. Sounds great. I have been drinking more Water and not eating my crackers. I have an apt to have a small fill. Hope that this will be a good choice. My days change so much and I have gastritis, so I have to watch my thoughts of pain or is it hunger. How can I be hungry? The lapband does its trick. The chocolate that Ray and bought half price are almost gone.

But I have been walking over 10,000 steps per day, I will be going to the water aerobics as soon as I can. Even though we live in warm Florida, when it cools down, I don't like to come out of the pool and into the weather. The chief tells me to do this. I bought some turkey today. Going back to my original way of eating. Little Cindy helps me be full. Full of frustration when she begs for table food. It turns me off completely.

Both you gals are doing great.

Well my day was a disaster. I got up and fixed my Protein Shake and put it in my work bag like I usually do (Just a tervis tumbler with a snap on lid and straw hole with a straw.) I drink my coffe on the way and have my shake during our morning meeting. I put my bag in the back seat today, I don't usually do that. On the way to work, some dude tried to meet me head-on on a near one lane bridge. Anyway, slamming on my brakes shifted my bag and my entire shake dripped out into the bottom of my bag. So no Breakfast and by 1 pm I was hungry. Got out a lil late for lunch so ran thru Arby's and got a kids ham melt and a diet coke. So no toooo bad. Got home from work and I've eat all night. Had 1 ounce of chips then later a single French bread supreme pizza-half at a time and just now 4 Cookies and a cup of milk. All that spread over 5 hours! I know.....to me it doesn't seem like much but I know it's the wrong kind of food and the wrong way to eat. And I didn't do any walking.

Just seems like my shake misshap set my day. On the positive, my Vera Bradley work bag washed up ok and is hang drying now.

Headed to bed. Off tomorrow and will start anew!

Oh no. I hate days like that. You have a plan of action and it goes out the window. Just a thought for mornings like that, (hope it never a happens again) you are running behind or forget. Do you have somewhere to keep the pre made shakes at work? I do that just to help keep me accountable. Today will be a better day.

My day was ok. Probably had a few to many bits of the food I was fixing for the family for dinner. Did have my shake at dinner. Water intake was good and got on the tread for a walk.

Do have a question. What type of weight scale do you have? I can get on mine and get 5 different weights. Very hard to stay focused like that. I need to weigh myself everyday to keep on track. I know adding the exercising this time is going to change the loss some.

Well today was much better (except for the speeding ticket I got traveling back to my home state of MO.). I have a Health O Meter-stand up sliding kind. I invested in it nearly 20 years ago. Always on target with my docs though they've all gone digital now.

Anyway have a great weekend ladies. I know I'll do alright this weekend. I always do better when I'm away from home! Ha!

Well, didn't stick with it yesterday so good. Had a donut for lunch :( , but only one so doesn't that count. ;) Still overall a better day then where I have been. My days at home are so much easier then when I'm at work also. Exercising is on the agenda for today. Just getting in 64 oz of Water. Would like to do a little more so working on that also today. Have a great weekend ladies!

How was your weekend? Didn't do bad, but I need to write down everything I'm eating. Want to get a good picture of what's going in. Haven't done a lot of exercising. I'm not a big fan of this. Happy Monday tomorrow!