Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can those of you who have had surgery please tell me what Vitamins you take and where you buy them?

I am currently using Bariatric Advantage but would like to take something different when I run out of this. I take a B12 supplement every other day, and daily I take 4 Calcium supplements with Vitamin D, and 2 Multivitamins (contains biotin) daily. I stopped at the rite aid the other day to find an alternative Calcium supplement that was labeled as calcium citrate. None of them were! Where do you find this stuff?

I take 4 calcium citrate petites daily, I get them at Sam's, Member's Mark brand. I take 6 Multivitamins daily that melt in your mouth - also from Sam's, brand name is VitaMelts. I take 2 Biotin melt in your mouth daily from Walmart, brand name VitaMelts. I also take 2 Fiber supplement gummies from Sam's every day, brand name Fiber Well. These are the ones I really like. The other things I take, but haven't really found a brand or type that I'm crazy about are: Vitamin D3 daily, Iron daily, and B12 twice weekly.

I take tons of supplements. I already took a lot before I even began considering WLS and now, post-op I take even more!

Multivitamin - Vitaleph Bariatric Multivitamin - twice daily (order online)

Probiotic - Align - once daily (buy at the grocery store)

B12 - store brand - 500 mcg - once daily (buy at the grocery store)

Vit C - store brand - 1000 mg with rose hips - once daily (buy at the grocery store)

coq10 - store brand - 200 mg - once daily (buy at the grocery store)

Omega 3 - store brand - 850 mg - once daily (buy at the grocery store)

Vit E - store brand - 500 iu - two capsules - once daily (buy at the grocery store)

Beef Gelatin - Now Foods - 550 mg - four capsules - once daily (order online)

Vit D3 - store brand - 1000 iu - once daily (buy at the grocery store) (WINTER ONLY)

calcium citrate + D3 - store brand - 630 mg Calcium, 500 iu D3 - two capsules - twice daily (buy at the grocery store)

To answer your question about calcium specifically, I just buy the generic store brand of Citrical Maximum, which I imagine you could find in most drug/grocery stores. I take two tablets twice daily, for a total of 1260 mg of Calcium and 1000 iu of D3. In the winter I take extra D3 on top of that.

I take 2 Flintstones chewables Vitamins everyday, one in the morning and one at night. I also take 1200 mg Calcium with Vitamin D, and 5,000 mcg of Biotin once a day.

I'm going to have to find a different Vitamin as well. I really like the Flintstones Chewables, but I'm getting tired of them.

I take just 2 (hair, skin & Nails) Vitamins daily, with a bunch of Vitamins in it, but mostly Biotin. I am glad you posted this thread cause I am surely not getting hardly close tot he vitamins I should be taking...that might explain my joint pains I have been experiencing the last week.

I have flintstones at home that I keep forgetting to take, and should be taking a multi-Vitamin but like my Water...I just don't think to take them or drink my Water. :blush::blink::wacko::unsure:

i use Centrum adult chewables with Iron, orange flavored they taste like st josephs baby aspirins lol twice a day and two Calcium chewables ( they are like caramels) 500 mg tid, with Vitamin d. My B12 levels are fine so i dont take a special supplement of it.

Those of you who are just taking Flintstones chewables or no multivitamin at all, what do your surgeons and doctors have to say about that? How are your bloodworks looking?

My surgeon insisted I take, at a minimum, a bariatric multivitamin, calcium+D3, B12, and a probiotic.

@@heynowkc Your surgeon/NUT should give you docs on what you will be taking after surgery. But I have a document that can help you get an idea and then you can compare to whatever your surgeon gives you. It is in my blog and it is an attachment. Has lots of good info.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/blog/9892/entry-33688-gastric-sleeve-documents-interesting-info-and-recipes/

All nature made COMPLETE MULTI liquid GEL CAP, B-12 LIQUID GEL CAPS, Biotin LIQUID GEL CAPS, and CALTRATE MINIS which are calcium citrate plus D. All twice per day except b-12 just once per day. All this meets up to my dieticians strict and confusing standards : )

Edited by downsizingdiva