Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Those who have been using DP for many years may be providing an early abortion many times throughout their life, and not even know it. When they get to heaven, they will meet up with their children that they missed out on life with. If you are okay with abortions, then no big deal for you to care about whether DP aborts babies, but if you're not okay with abortions, it IS a big deal.

Hmmm...who knew we aged after we died...I always thought we stayed one age in the afterlife...so is she meeting up with her blobs of cells?

Dr. Willke is the president of the nationwide, educational Life Issues Institute. He has served for ten years as president of the U.S. National Right to Life Committee. He helped found the International Right to Life Federation in 1984 and remains its president. His daily 5-minute radio program was carried on almost 400 radio stations for 18 years until recently. His one-minute comments, Life Jewels, were on over 1,000 stations in English and Spanish, with 50 in Australia, 30 in South Africa and many stations in Brazil.

He is obviously biased as well as having products (books, videos, etc..) to sell. He is marketing his opinion.

So what. He's a doctor. My own obstetrician wasn't a Christian, but he told us the truth about DP.

Hmmm...who knew we aged after we died...I always thought we stayed one age in the afterlife...so is she meeting up with her blobs of cells?

No. She is meeting up with the childs soul and spirit. The child will be given a new resurrection body as soon as she dies. Just like we all get, only they are perfect, without blemish and free from pain. ALL children go to heaven despite their inability to make that choice in this life.

No. She is meeting up with the childs soul and spirit. The child will be given a new resurrection body as soon as she dies. Just like we all get, only they are perfect, without blemish and free from pain. ALL children go to heaven despite their inability to make that choice in this life.

What a wonderfully simplistic way to describe “afterlife”. See, besides all the hate and fear mongering from religion, it is the pure fantasy talk like this that turns me away time and again.

Wow...where in the bible did you read that nonsense? No where in the bible does it say a fertilized egg has a soul! Wait until you get to "heaven" and realize it's nothing like you expected and then the floor drops out from under you end up in hell for speaking for your God...lol I think I wanna come back as a cat :)

Rodriquez I agree with you about the reality of that last sentence by the person who critiqued the ad. And I really think that they are advertising something that insinuates a lie. It is typical of the anti-choice gang - they'll do anything to heap guilt on a woman who has to deal with an untenable pregnancy.

And I totally agree with Leigha - if they were truly concerned about the children who are aborted, they would be working to prevent pregnancies so as to curb abortions. But they WANT women to have babies that they can't take care of and don't want. The anti-choice movement promotes women giving their babies up for adoption. If they weren't about adoption, they would be encouraging women to keep their children, not adopt them out. They would be spending money on seeing to it that these women would be able to take care of the babies.

They also want control over women. They like to tell women that they're bad people if they choose to have an abortion. They're even telling women that if they have an abortion, they will never be the same. And they're thinking of babies as a commodity that can change hands with no detrimental effects on the child or the mother. Now THAT's a lie!

Like the Republican party has become, the anti-choice movement is disengenuous in their arguments and they will stop at nothing to get their way. But like the Republican party, they have ulterior motives. If they didn't, their arguments and campaign would be completely different.

What a wonderfully simplistic way to describe “afterlife”. See, besides all the hate and fear mongering from religion, it is the pure fantasy talk like this that turns me away time and again.

It is right there in God's word. It's your choice to believe it or not. I choose to embrace it.

It's not religion that I speak of, for religion is made of man, this is God's truths straight from his word. It is a relationship with him for all eternity after your physical life ends here on earth.

patty: "It's not religion that I speak of, for religion is made of man, this is God's truths straight from his word. It is a relationship with him for all eternity after your physical life ends here on earth."

It isn't God's word, my dear. God doesn't speak or write - except in people's minds. So it is actually about "faith" in the Bible - and "faith" that God influenced the writings in the Bible. That is a very important distinction.

It is right there in God's word. It's your choice to believe it or not. I choose to embrace it.

It's not religion that I speak of, for religion is made of man, this is God's truths straight from his word. It is a relationship with him for all eternity after your physical life ends here on earth.

I couldn’t disagree with you more. The bible is in itself “religion”. It is not God’s word, at best, it is man’s interpretations of what God would have said. I point you to the very fact that the bible we use today was assembled well after the death of Jesus and many parts of the oral sayings and teachings as well as whole written books were left out for the purposes of the people that were assembling the book. Politics and the art of persuasion were at play even in the early formation of Christianity.

I’ll give he Moslems some credit on getting out of this dilemma. At least they had the sense to say that the Quran was not written by man, but that the illiterate Prophet Mohamed recited the words told to him by the Archangel Gabriel. Abu Bakr later had scribes transcribe the recitation word for word into the Quran.

They also want control over women. They like to tell women that they're bad people if they choose to have an abortion. They're even telling women that if they have an abortion, they will never be the same. And they're thinking of babies as a commodity that can change hands with no detrimental effects on the child or the mother. Now THAT's a lie!

Like the Republican party has become, the anti-choice movement is disengenuous in their arguments and they will stop at nothing to get their way. But like the Republican party, they have ulterior motives. If they didn't, their arguments and campaign would be completely different.

This is so true. The republicans are just such liars and hypocrites it sickens me. When they're not too busy parading around as the patriotic, moral, family values party (all disproved, by the way) then they are voting against women, children and families. They're all supportive of motherhood, except when they aren't (which is when they vote).

The following article is just one example.

Irony 1, Republicans 0: breastfeeding saves lives and money

by Dante Atkins

Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 05:20:05 PM PDT

In case you missed it: for yesterday's Sunday Kos, I described the idiocy of one Jason Mattera, who "challenged" Senator Franken on some specific provisions of the new health care law.

Mattera was particularly incensed about one particular provision that mandated employers to provide time and space for women to express breast milk, claiming that it would introduce "milk police" and constituted an unnecessary government intrusion.

And wouldn't you know--that same evening, it just so happens to come out that promoting breastfeeding saves lives and money:

CHICAGO — The lives of nearly 900 babies would be saved each year, along with billions of dollars, if 90 percent of U.S. women breast-fed their babies for the first six months of life, a cost analysis says.

Those startling results, published online Monday in the journal Pediatrics, are only an estimate. But several experts who reviewed the analysis said the methods and conclusions seem sound.

"The health care system has got to be aware that breast-feeding makes a profound difference," said Dr. Ruth Lawrence, who heads the American Academy of Pediatrics' breast-feeding section.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

patty: "It is right there in God's word. It's your choice to believe it or not. I choose to embrace it."

Of course you choose to embrace it. It gives you an out for any and everything in this life that you've done that is not right.

People like you always like to say: If I'm wrong nothing happens but if I'm right I'm going to heaven and you're not. Nothing happens?

Well what if you're wrong? What if you've lived a life believing that you're forgiven of all your sins (like lying to and cheating the government, for instance) and the fact might be that you are NOT forgiven just because you say that you believe in Jesus and accept him as your savior.

What if you are wrong? What if it turns out that you've spent a good part of your life thinking that you've been excused of everything. What if it turns out that you have to atone for some of the sins and omissions toward your fellow human beings, like not giving food to someone who is hungry just because they have a cigarette in their hand?

What if YOU are wrong? Something does happen. What happens is that you think that good deeds are not necessary to get into heaven and that you do not have to account for the sins you've committed throughout your life. What if your life turns out to have been wasted on proclamations of redemption when in fact you have NOT been the best person you can be?

Here's another example of republicans trying to control women:

Story Updated.

Boehner, GOP continue their war on women

by Dante Atkins

Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 06:30:03 AM PDT

The GOP's assault on women in light of the health insurance reform law may have started with a special ops attack on nursing mothers, but Minority Leader Boehner has just significantly expanded the theater of operations. See, Leader Boehner is outraged that contraception could be funded through Medicaid:

"Tucked into the health reform legislation is a controversial provision allowing states to expand coverage for family planning services under Medicaid without a waiver from the federal government. Democrats had tried to insert the language into the Recovery Act in January 2009, but pulled back after it became a lightning rod for GOP attacks ... Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) championed the provision in the Senate, adding it to the Senate Finance Committee version of the legislation during mark-up, sources said, and Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) pushed for it in the House. ... ‘How can you spend hundreds of millions of dollars on contraceptives? How does that stimulate the economy?’ House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said of the provision, according to Reuters.”

There are two major sources of concern here. First, the fact that Leader Boehner is attacking birth control funding just goes to show that the forced birth cult wing of the Republican Party isn't really interested in snowflake babies. After all, it would stand to reason that making contraception readily available would make a significant dent in the number of unplanned pregnancies. Rather, they are far more concerned with making sure that women--especially poor women--suffer consequences for daring to have sex unless they make sure to do it with a strong, powerful man who they know can provide for them--in other words, the medieval model of gender relations.

But even more alarming is the fact that Boehner and the GOP are now so bold as to think that attacking the pill is a sound political idea. Either Boehner and the GOP are just that out of touch with political reality, or we will have a fierce battle ahead to protect the freedoms we all take for granted.

You might recall that I posted about Boehner telling the banks (with reference to financial reform) that he had their backs.

Isn't that great that he has the bank's back but turns his back on women? FOLKS, THIS IS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!! AND THIS IS WHO YOU WANT TO ELECT?? :thumbdown:

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Kartman,

I am with you on this one. Turns my stomach when I here religious rhetoric skewed. I have my own place with God and it ain't nowhere near that. Like I said before, I feel sorry for the lot cause its a limited mindset that is dangerous.

Yeah the anti-choice folks really do not like Planned Parenthood. They say it's because the people at Planned Parenthood tell women how to go about getting an abortion.

But that's really dumb because if a woman wants an abortion she will find a way to get one.

But Planned Parenthood counsels on all the contraceptive devices and that's what makes anti-choice folks really mad. They want women to have unplanned pregnancies. They prove it when they lobby against sex ed in schools and the dispensing of condoms at schools.

Wow...where in the bible did you read that nonsense? No where in the bible does it say a fertilized egg has a soul! Wait until you get to "heaven" and realize it's nothing like you expected and then the floor drops out from under you end up in hell for speaking for your God...lol I think I wanna come back as a cat :thumbdown:

There are many places is scripture where God speaks of knowing you when you were in the womb.

God allows His children to speak for Him, so long as they speak his truth, so I will not end up in Hell for doing so. Anyway, our deeds and things that we do in life, whether right or wrong, don't determine our destination (Heaven or Hell), only our belief or faith in Jesus does that.

People often talk as if what we do wrong will send us to hell. This is not the case. If we believe in Jesus and go to Heaven, we will then be judged for our deeds done in the flesh, and at that time we will either recieve rewards or a lack of rewards from God. Therefore, our actions in life don't make the decision of whether we go to Heaven or Hell, they make the decision for how our life will be like in Heaven. So, what we do here for the good, will benefit us in Heaven.

Edited by pattygreen