Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who have you had enough of ??

The other thing that was brought up when Oprah gave away the cars to the audience that year, was that she herself did little to give the cars away.

It come out that most of the give aways are from the company---not Oprahs company---but the product.

So if she gives away HP laptops say--it is actually a promotional thing from HP. It is not a huge cost on her.

It is a proven audience---they get their product spotlighted---and it likely does not cost any more than a commercial would!

Kat

I've not been a huge fan of Oprah, at all.

Dr. Phil makes my skin crawl. How anybody can be a fat man and try to tell the world how to lose weight is totally beyond me! And, I just don't think he can 'fix' everybody.

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE DRUNKEN BARBIE Sandra Lee... Phooey!

And, Britney and Jamie Lynn need some a come to Jesus meeting and decide what's important, celebrity or living!

::steps off soap box:: I feel better now!

For many years Oprah has dedicated herself to helping people here as well. Just recently she donated millions of her own money and joined efforts with Habitat for Humanity to construct many new homes for families affected by Wilma. Do some research and you will find cause after cause that she has contributed to and helped with. Not many people in her position do these things.

The school in Africa was always one of her dreams, women over there are denied the opportunities we are blessed here with. Oprah wants to empower them to become educated. If you educate a woman who is the head of the family, she will educate her children and the cycle will eventually start changing. I truly admire Oprah for all her efforts here and there.

As far as the giveaway shows, maybe we are just a little jelouse that we aren't a guest on the show on one of those days. I know I always wish it was me.

And you know IMO, there is lots and lots of poverty here in our own country. But there are opportunities here that don't exist in other countries. I am of the thought that if you want to succeed you will. How many people have come from nothing, and become successful?? Many, including Oprah herself. If you work hard enough, it can be accomplished. If you sit on your ass and feel sorry for yourself, then you won't accomplish much.

I'll never forget an article I read regarding Oprah, (way before she built the school) where she took doll babies to girls in Africa. She had these black baby dolls (double dipped in the paint) to be made darker to look like these little girls. Oprah said that when these girls received these dolls that looked just like them, she said the smiles on those little girls faces is something that she will never forget. How admirable, don't you think.

I think Oprah is genuine and I admire her for all the beautiful things she does.

Dr. Phil makes my skin crawl. How anybody can be a fat man and try to tell the world how to lose weight is totally beyond me! And, I just don't think he can 'fix' everybody.

I totally agree!! Dr. Phil is SO irritating!!

Oh I can't stand Dr. Phil. I thought I was the only female in America who can't stand him.

I have had enough of the one who called me the C word today. I am sick of being your emotional punching bag.

OMG who called you the C word - that's the worst word in the world..

I think Oprah is genuine and I admire her for all the beautiful things she does.

Mariposa Bella

Yes she does great stuff for so many - I personally like her - but think is it a bit over exposed now adays

I truely am upset that she didn't tear into Marion Jones yesterday for lying after she trashed James Frey for a stupid book which he embellished on - Marion Jones was a repersenative of the USA she used preformance enhancing drug - she cheated - herself & us....

For many years Oprah has dedicated herself to helping people here as well. Just recently she donated millions of her own money and joined efforts with Habitat for Humanity to construct many new homes for families affected by Wilma. Do some research and you will find cause after cause that she has contributed to and helped with. Not many people in her position do these things.

The school in Africa was always one of her dreams, women over there are denied the opportunities we are blessed here with. Oprah wants to empower them to become educated. If you educate a woman who is the head of the family, she will educate her children and the cycle will eventually start changing. I truly admire Oprah for all her efforts here and there.

As far as the giveaway shows, maybe we are just a little jelouse that we aren't a guest on the show on one of those days. I know I always wish it was me.

And you know IMO, there is lots and lots of poverty here in our own country. But there are opportunities here that don't exist in other countries. I am of the thought that if you want to succeed you will. How many people have come from nothing, and become successful?? Many, including Oprah herself. If you work hard enough, it can be accomplished. If you sit on your ass and feel sorry for yourself, then you won't accomplish much.

I'll never forget an article I read regarding Oprah, (way before she built the school) where she took doll babies to girls in Africa. She had these black baby dolls (double dipped in the paint) to be made darker to look like these little girls. Oprah said that when these girls received these dolls that looked just like them, she said the smiles on those little girls faces is something that she will never forget. How admirable, don't you think.

I love your post. Thanks, eh. To tell you the truth, I don't actually watch Oprah. I don't like daytime TV and I hate talk shows but I do read about her and everything that I have read about her - and bear in mind that we all know just how bitchy media journalism can be! - has portrayed her as being a very caring, generous, and moral individual. She also happens to be a wonderful actress, a savvy media person, and a fine business woman. She is a very, very impressive individual. I don't see any of the other women who have managed to obtain anything near her standing - Ellen deGeneris, Martha Stewart, Rosie O'Donell, etc - putting as much back into the community; and she has, as we well know, chosen to make it her special point to address those issues which concern all women and those issues which concern black people.

I don't watch Oprah much either. But who can argue with the fact that she is an extremely powerful and successful woman. In fact, I can't think of a more powerful or influencial woman - in the world.

All Oprah has to do is mention a book or a product, movie, whatever... it is an instant success and whoever is involved then also becomes very successful.

She has been brilliant in business. She has several beautiful homes in fabulous locations. She loves life, and makes no apologies for it.

She's invited to all the most important functions, social as well as philanthropic. Everyone who has an opportunity sings her praises.

She's a BILLIONAIRE. She gives away millions. Which are probably tax right offs of course, but she actually contributes to the guality of life for many people, and not only for those little girls in Africa. She may enjoy the publicity that has provided but I believe she genuinely is trying to make a difference in the world.

There are undoubtedly other women who are more popular and more beautiful than Oprah, but you can't argue with her ability to succeed.

When you think of her background and the disadvantages she was up against, it makes the rest of us look like slackers.

I have had enough of the one who called me the C word today. I am sick of being your emotional punching bag.

OMG BBK, i am so sorry. :) the nerve of some people.

I can't watch either, not because I don't like to but because I can't. This damn job! When I do get to be home and watch the show, it is such a treat for me.

I love your post. Thanks, eh. To tell you the truth, I don't actually watch Oprah. I don't like daytime TV and I hate talk shows but I do read about her and everything that I have read about her - and bear in mind that we all know just how bitchy media journalism can be! - has portrayed her as being a very caring, generous, and moral individual. She also happens to be a wonderful actress, a savvy media person, and a fine business woman. She is a very, very impressive individual. I don't see any of the other women who have managed to obtain anything near her standing - Ellen deGeneris, Martha Stewart, Rosie O'Donell, etc - putting as much back into the community; and she has, as we well know, chosen to make it her special point to address those issues which concern all women and those issues which concern black people.