Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

The last few weeks have been tough in many ways, traveling, moving and uprooting my life. I ate too much and at one point actually gained almost three pounds. But a couple days ago went back on my diet and exercise program 100% and lost those extra pounds plus. I've had a big goal for a couple months to lose a certain amount by my birthday, last day of May. I have 5.4lbs to lose to make my goal, I don't think I'll make it, but as long as I'm back moving in the right direction it will be a good birthday. However, 5.4lbs is possible in 13 days, so fingers crossed to drop 100 total by my birthday.

I have been at a crazy stall!! I been working out, meal planning and no weight loss in three weeks and sometimes I feel like I can eat more than I should ????

E@@Eli Alexander

With all you've got going on, you are a huge success!

Still vomiting-I could use some input?@@#$!!

It seems my stomach is even more sensitive than 2 months ago.

I still vomit my meals about 3-5 times a week. So far the only consistency from one time to the next is mixing foods. I'm very careful on quantity on how much and how fast I eat. Eating the right things. BUT......when I mix Protein and something else I can have a pretty violent result. Picture projectile vomiting. (sorry for the visual)

EX- I slowly ate no more that 1.5 oz of very soft pulled pork. Wait 30-35 mins. All was well but I was still a little hungry so I ate 2 small slices of apple WITHOUT the peel and a small bite of soft cheese. I got in the car to run an errand and not 5 minutes into the ride, it all came back up. Fortunately I had a empty plastic bag in the car. After this, I'm fine and continue by errand. I wondered......is this what's it's going to be like from now on? And what if I had a friend in the car. Even my husband would have been alarmed. Ghezzzz!

Is anyone else having this problem?

Am I going to be limited to just eating one thing at a time forever?

I'm very happy with my sleeve. I'm not hungry and I'm not playing around with the wrong foods. (I'm not a saint here, just any chance of another vomiting episode keeps me from playing around too much. I had a few bites of ice-cream on a long flight overseas and that all came back up pronto! So imagine trying to race to a airplane bathroom....not an ideal situation. Luckily that have those airsick bags, which I carry in my purse. I Also had one cup of hot chocolate and had a HUGE dumping incident. I hadn't had that much sugar since Dec.)

Any thoughts? I could use some help and wondering if I'm alone in this vomiting challenge.

I do see my Doc this week and will check with them.

Sorry bewell, the vomiting sounds like a real hassle. It hasn't been a problem for me, but I have heard others say that it took 6 to 8 months for their similar situations to settle down. I've only vomited once, when friends took me out for a celebratory meal and I ate and drank too much (still a quarter of what I would have eaten before).

Here are the steps that I can think of to help with digestion.

1) stop drinking at least 30 minutes before the meal.

2) Portion Control and Protein first.

3) moist Protein (yogurt sauces work great for me)

4) cut all meats into very small pieces so the stomach doesn't need to work so hard

5) take a bite, put the fork down and wait a couple minutes before the next bite. Repeat.

6) chew, chew, chew before you swallow.

7) portion control on the non-protein because this is what fills the stomach.

8) no drinking for at least a half hour after you drink too.

9) a small meal should take a half hour to eat correctly if you space your bites out and chew properly.

You can also look at adding some digestion enzymes to the process, talk to your nutritionist. Papaya extract for example,

Edited by Eli Alexander

I'm a naughty girl feel off the wagon and started eating really bad this weekend. So I decided to do a pouch test. I know I need it and I need to just restart. I have been so stressed and it is hard or me to not fall back into old habits and eat when I am stressed. My group for my eating issues has moved to another day when I just can't go and I feel kinda lost without it. I haven't been to the gym very much either cause for some weird reason my heel is killing me. So once that stops hurting I'm actually ready to go back to that.

Well my January colleagues, I've had a rough month too. Lots of mixed up stomach nausea etc. Found out my gallbladder is not functioning correctly and looks like it needs to come out. I had a week of pudding and cream of rice but trying to be back on track. I had hoped to be under 200 by today but ah well.

Haven't been to the gym but have been gardening, don't tell my lyme dr.

Contender great but it was a lovely weekend.Best to you all.

Rough time here too. Been on a stall. Drinking lots of wine. It seems it's so easy to gain the couple lbs that took two weeks to lose..none of my clothes fit..which is a good thing but frustrating since I'm disportionate. .ugh such a mental game

Wow. Glad everyone's doing so well. I've been on a stall the last 2-3 weeks but not getting me down. I know I just needed to back on track

HW 276

SW 260 1/19

CW 220

Wish I was closer to Onederland but when I'm losing I'm losing steady 2lbs a week. Need to start weightlifting and had the boys put up the boflex in the garage. So far I've stared at it but I do walk 5miles a day come hell or high Water at least 5 times a week. I love my Fitbit.

Hi everyone - so glad for those of you who checked in. Stalls are common at our stage, try NOT to let it get you down.

I've been stuck at the same weight for two weeks and finally lost a lb over the weekend. I've been running almost daily ( 2miles or so.) and took a bad spill Sunday evening. Banged myself up good and def hurt my ego. Haha! I still went hiking with hubby yesterday. 5 miles up a mountain. I did terrific and was so proud of myself. The view at the top was worth every drop of sweat!

Keep in mind LIFESTYLE. Stay active, eat healthy and love yourself. Hope you all had a great long weekend!

@@Jenngf5 I love my fitbit too. How do you like your bowflex? I would love to have one! (I think :> )

I. In a stall too. But I'm happy, healthy and doing my best to get past it. Soon the pounds will drop again.

I was at a party a couple nights ago and yesterday saw some of the pictures, and I had this weird realization, I'm now a normal sized person. I still want to lose 35 pounds, but basically I look normal, but with a few extra pounds, instead of a fat man.

@@Jenngf5 I love my fitbit too. How do you like your bowflex? I would love to have one! (I think :> )

Got the boflex from my brother who wasn't using it for the whole family and can't say I used it a whole lot ever before but I really find it hard to go to the gym. Much rather walk on lunch and after work with dogs but it's up again and easy to use. They even have an online manual with pics (with motion) to show dummy's like me the correct way to do different exercises. Now I just need to get into the habit.

Good luck with your journey!!

I'm not sugar coating this by saying that ever single stall I have has this month of May has made me turn to my old eating habits. I eat when I get stressed and give up when I don't see progress. I need some serious help here. Need to find a way to cope with this stupidity. All I really want is to see that a little weight loss to set my mind at ease and I can get back on track. I threw the scale into the garage and will not even get on that stupid thing til the 12th when I get weighed at my docs office. I hope I can just forget about it for awhile and try not to freak out. I was wondering who is eat rice and bread and potatoes or Pasta? I have not eaten rice or really potatoes but have has about 4 oz of pasta here and there and had once slice of whole grain bread the other day. Just want to see other peoples thoughts on the starches.