Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

I've only had a few bites here and there and tolerated it well..much to my demise. .I wanted to be the one who couldn't eat it. Now..truthfully I haven't had much...i mean only a bite or two..if I had a whole piece of cake or something. ..idk what would happen.

Sugar does not taste as good as it use to. That was my downfall along with chips. It taste like chemicals. Somethings are ok, but I notice that I tend to get a stomach ache after I eat it and just say well if I have to deal with this and it doesn't even taste that good why bother. Now if I could just kick chips lol!

Edited by Veronica Page

Hair loss again this past month worst than the 1st month but I am only 3.6lbs from my goal :)) any suggestions with the hair loss everything that worked month 1 isn't helping :(

Take a Biotin Vitamin and YAY congrats on that goal!

SO let me ask a question...are any of you experiencing uncontrollable hunger? I am. Its been the past two days I'm just sooo hungry and nothing is really filling me up and I don't want to continue on like this. I want to blame the TOM but who knows. If any of you have had this what have you done to get over it?

@@Veronica Page - I've been considerably more hungry the past two weeks. I'm also able to eat more in each sitting.

I work out often, count calories and watch the scale. So far I'm maintaining and hoping its just my body demanding more since I'm burning a lot in the gym.

No doubt I've hit a new phase and the restriction is def less.

SO let me ask a question...are any of you experiencing uncontrollable hunger? I am. Its been the past two days I'm just sooo hungry and nothing is really filling me up and I don't want to continue on like this. I want to blame the TOM but who knows. If any of you have had this what have you done to get over it?

Do you eat carbs yet? If not, My NUT has advised me to start adding good Carbs to my meal plan, she suggested half a plate Protein, quarter plate salad, quarter plate good Carbs (whole Grains) and I now can't finish my plate as I'm full!

Yea cause I work out 6 days a week my nut said I can introduce certain carbs like certain veggies and fruits. I added quinoa and some Asian rice and I notice that it leaves the restriction in me but I only do that once a day at dinner so I feel like I'm hungry all the other times. I forced myself to stop the grazing cause its adding unnecessary calories but its hard I'm not going to lie. Guess those old habits are just bringing its ugly head around again!

Extremely Frustrated after check-up!

I continue to lose weight at a decent rate BUT at my last Doc visit w/nurse she totally sent. me away very disappointed and discouraged.

I eat 4-5 small meals/snacks a day. It's working for me. I just got back from 21 days in foreign countries eating out 2-3 times a day (9 days at a resort with 2X's all you can eat buffet meals) and I lost 7 pounds. I don't weight or measure. I do count Protein and fluids. I eat a few carbs. I usually stop as soon as I am full which if I'm honest with myself, I'm full after just a few bites. And of course I am hungry in a few hours so i eat a small snack or meal again.

Nurse said nice BUT now you need to get to 3 meals a day, no Snacks cuz the more often you eat the more it raises the chance of making poor choices. She really pushed it after I said but what I'm doing is working.

I've had a very hard time since the doc apt. Got the F--it attitude and emotional "I'll just eat what I want". Self-distructive I know. i was hoping for a doc apt that was positive and they would say "gee, your doing fantastic!"

I know I'm over-reacting. My hubby tells me I just don't like what I'm hearing and I need to listen to them. Three meals does make sense but......

I know I'm at a place where I can start to sabotage my weight loss. Nibbling on soft not-so-good foods and gain weight. Done that many times before. I'm clearly conflicted.

HOW MANY MEALS/snacks does your DOC tell you to do?

Personal experience don't listen to them all the time. Its just a check up and if you do well with smaller meals then you do what is best for you. I too eat three meals a day and 2-3 Snacks. My Nut said as long as my snacks aren't carb loaded and are made with the awareness they are just a snack then it is ok. I tend to get hungry every couple of hours myself. I'm like you when someone makes a negative comment and just turn back to my old eating habits. I think it is because I'm in control of my bad eating habits and since I can't control others opinions of me I just eat. So dumb but I do it. Keep your head up and listen to your own body. Everyone is different.

Edited by Veronica Page

Been MIA for awhile. Device switch. So at just over 7 months post-op:

HW 247

SW 230

CW 170

GW 160/140

Feeling way more comfortable and confident. Had wicked side pain from surgical nerve damage for 6 months, so not much intentional exercise. Pain is gone so far and I've started strength training to minimize extra skin. Not much, a little upper arms and inner thighs. It seems I stall for a month or so and then drop 10#s in a week.

Diet needs work. I eat tacos and chicken nuggets a lot, sometimes pizza. Absolutely cannot eat sweets. Cakes, candy, and ice cream were my go-to items, but now they make me want to throw up. I don't, but that's the feeling.

I did have hair loss, now I've got lots of baby hairs. Hopefully that's over but it still seems like I'm shedding more than normal. I don't want to cut my hair but it feels really thinned out. No one noticed it but me.

My boyfriend is considering surgery. He's 15#s under the minimum BMI to get it done (only 50#s to lose) and is planning on gaining weight to qualify with Dr. Ortiz. Has no co-morbidities or eating disorder like I did. I find myself judging his intentions. Any thoughts? I don't want him to lose too much and I've said as much.

Edited by Zzzombrie

Extremely Frustrated after check-up!

I continue to lose weight at a decent rate BUT at my last Doc visit w/nurse she totally sent. me away very disappointed and discouraged.

I eat 4-5 small meals/snacks a day. It's working for me. I just got back from 21 days in foreign countries eating out 2-3 times a day (9 days at a resort with 2X's all you can eat buffet meals) and I lost 7 pounds. I don't weight or measure. I do count Protein and fluids. I eat a few carbs. I usually stop as soon as I am full which if I'm honest with myself, I'm full after just a few bites. And of course I am hungry in a few hours so i eat a small snack or meal again.

Nurse said nice BUT now you need to get to 3 meals a day, no Snacks cuz the more often you eat the more it raises the chance of making poor choices. She really pushed it after I said but what I'm doing is working.

I've had a very hard time since the doc apt. Got the F--it attitude and emotional "I'll just eat what I want". Self-distructive I know. i was hoping for a doc apt that was positive and they would say "gee, your doing fantastic!"

I know I'm over-reacting. My hubby tells me I just don't like what I'm hearing and I need to listen to them. Three meals does make sense but......

I know I'm at a place where I can start to sabotage my weight loss. Nibbling on soft not-so-good foods and gain weight. Done that many times before. I'm clearly conflicted.

HOW MANY MEALS/snacks does your DOC tell you to do?

The best thing a woman can do is eat 5-6 small meals a day. This means 2-4oz Protein, and whatever space you have left should be a carb (fruit, veggies, or complex carb). This lessens a risk of a drop in blood sugar, which causes cravings for the bad stuff.

An ideal world:

Brkfst: egg white omelette with spinach and tomatoes

Snack: Greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom

Lunch: chicken and broccoli

Snack: handful of nuts

Dinner: salmon and asparagus

Dessert: flavored protein bar/shake (opt)

Basically if what you're doing is working and your blood nutrition looks good, keep it up. NUTs don't know everything. Not even close.

I'm having the true Hair loss. The first time was nothing compared to this.. Taking my Vitamins and the Biotin. My question is hair color? I'm in need of touching up my roots. Will this be ok?

I'm having the true Hair loss. The first time was nothing compared to this.. Taking my Vitamins and the Biotin. My question is hair color? I'm in need of touching up my roots. Will this be ok?

I dye mine a few shades darker than my natural. I wouldn't recommend any foiling or stripping color at ALL during the hair loss phase. Heard horror stories! I cut mine short and keep it dark. It's def falling out but I can mask it decently.

I box dye my hair every six weeks and haven't had any problems.