Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

I had my sleeve 1/27. I am concerned with my slow weight loss. I have lost 24lbs but I have been stuck for weeks. I am taking all suggestions, I track my food on myplate.com I am averaging between 600-800 calories a day and 60-80 grams of protien and under 70 carbs.

I had my sleeve 1/27. I am concerned with my slow weight loss. I have lost 24lbs but I have been stuck for weeks. I am taking all suggestions, I track my food on myplate.com I am averaging between 600-800 calories a day and 60-80 grams of protien and under 70 carbs.

I'm in the exact same boat. Sleeved on 01/28. I lost 25lbs in the first three weeks and then nothing ????

@Melis_26@amyecpa

Hi ladies,

A stall seems to be very normal for the majority of sleevers. I had mine 3 weeks after my surgery and it lasted 2 weeks. Don't worry, you will start losing again. Not sure if this triggered weight loss again, but I ate more and starting working out.

I think you both are doing great!!!

My stall broke. Not that I'm losing at a frantic pace, but I am seeing downward weigh ins again. I just passed the halfway mark for my total goal of 130lbs.

Next week will be interesting, I have an interview and for the first time in ages, I get to go to that interview without feeling so ashamed of how I look. I might not be close to my goal yet, but the changes are great, and I'm feeling pretty darn proud of myself.

I've had a few compliments so far, but everyone knows my situation, so I can't tell how genuine most of those compliments are. However, I did just receive my first compliment from someone I don't know, the check out lady at the local supermarket who recognized me and commented that I'm looking great. Felt pretty nice.

I wish I could fast forward a few months, I'm getting pretty close to uncharted territory and I just want to see it already. I know in the long run these few months won't mean much, but right now I just want to see some major progress.

I'm really glad to hear about the stalls. I have been at a stall for about 2 & 1/2 weeks. Im down a total of 42lbs since the day of surgery(1/20) which the doctor said was ahead of schedule. It's just hard when you don't see the scale moving and you know you are barely putting anything in your body, comparatively to preop. I have noticed my clothes are fitting different though. My suits are starting to become really lose - gotta wear a belt.

I had my sleeve on the same day (1/20) and you've lost two more pounds than me since then, I'm down 40 since the sleeve. I lost 27 pre-op so total is 67 so far. Congrats to us both, my stall just broke and I'm sure yours will too if you are eating right.

Clothes are fitting very differently. I started with a 48 inch waist, now 42 fits great and some 40's are even fitting. Im trying not to buy to many new clothes since they are just temporary, but I bought a few items and wearing those are when my weight loss seems most evident. It doesn't make sense to me that my body could one day soon fit into size 34 pants. I look at how small those are and its like a brain teaser to figure out how a human can fit in something so tiny.

Euro girl

My nut told me my stall (3 weeks now only 6 weeks post op 22lbs down) might be not enough calories.

With an increase what are you averaging? I think I get plenty!

I'm at about 700, 90 Protein, 30 carbs. Burning average 235 per day in exercise.

But not 1 lb lost almost 3 weeks

I'm hoping that I'm gaining muscle cause my clothes are loose and that is the reason for the stall and lack of weight loss since muscle weighs the same and is just leaner. I'll take that as well but I'd really like to see those numbers drop just a lil bit. I get super jealous of the people who lose 100lbs in 6 months but I guess we can't all be like that. It is frustrating to know that we start out losing so much and then it is a slow loss all of a sudden. I don't want to kill myself at the gym cause I already work 12hrs a day and then to go to the gym for two hours with kids and spouse. I just can't imagine pushing myself anymore. It will come off when it does I suppose. glad to see so many of you are still on this site since it help to have the support. I went to my food addiction group it is just weird at times. I feel like I'm talking about food more now then ever. Congrats to everyone who is losing weight and really trying. It is hard but I suppose we all needed it.

I was sleeved 1/20/15 and have lost 24lbs since surgery but I did drop 28 pre op so down 52. I still have 80lbs to go and am in a stall also. I am stuck at 206 and want to get to onderland so bad....:-) I have been frustrated and happy all in one day. I'm thankful for the opportunity and what life brings my way..but have to confess to being frustrated at times. I love that everyone shares on here. It helps me so much! Thank you my friends!

For those in stalls, there are a few things that I did which may or may not have contributed to my stall ending. I'll mention all them and you can decide for yourselves. Calories on days I don't get vigorous workouts are 750-800. On days I work out hard I might increase it to 850-900 and on my huge workout days I get close to 1000, but I have to be burning at least 1200 to do that.

On someone else's advise I try to break a sweat for 20 minutes in the morning either biking or lifting weights. They told me that this ups your metabolism for the whole day, but make sure to eat some Protein directly after. The key for me is to get my heart really pumping, so this is by far the most intense exercise I do. No breaks, no giving in. But it's only 20 minutes so the whole time I just count down till freedom.

In the afternoon or night I work out again, either gym, biking or walking, but here I just try to get moving and feel good, my goal isn't to wreck havoc like in my morning workout. For example walking at a brisk 3.5-4 mph pace for 60 min. Sometimes I push myself more, but usually only if I am just feeling great, like two days ago I biked 20 miles and averaged 12.1mph including some decent hilly terrain. The main point here is at least 45min, and usually an hour plus of elevated but not crazy heart rate.

My food became ore basic again. chicken breast, Greek yogurt, stuff like that, no more trying to find a way to make everything taste great and a reduction in carbs. Limited veggies and no fruit. I try not to rely on protein powders or bars, but on heavy workout days I give in so I can keep my protein up.

I have no idea if any of this helps, but my stall ended and I'm back to losing about a pound every 2-3 days. Not a pound a day like in the beginning, but a hell of a lot better than a stall. For me, I personally believe the hard 20min is what did the trick. Good luck.

My caloric intake is only over 700 on my days to the gym so 4-5 days a week and as far as the high burst i'm not sure what to do. Everyone i feel is able to run but with the pins in my leg I can't so I'm not sure where to get that hard burn to get my heart rate up. I do the bike for 45 mins and treadmill or elliptical for 45 and then I do some weights for about 25-30 mins. I guess it is just a stall and I will have to be patient. I was feeling SUPER tempted this week with snacking so I locked up the Snacks and my husband hid the key. I did the same with the fridge and just use the wine fridge for drinks cause after 7pm who really needs to be eating in my house anyways? I know it sounds drastic but I was a night time snacker and I feel the old urges creeping back in cause I'm not losing any weight and getting discouraged. I truly need this stall to end for me not to tread back into my ole ways!

Veronica, stalls are normal but it sounds like yours is stretching a little longer than normal. My suggestion, go see your NUT and be totally honest about everything you are eating and how you are exercising. Perhaps they will look at the amounts of fats, or carbs or workouts and find something that can help you. But you put yourself through all this surgical and weight loss trouble to succeed, it's important you follow it through and get the individual help that we can't provide. I'm rooting for your stall to break, and it sounds over the Internet like you are working hard. Don't do it alone, do it with as much help as you can get, your NUT, and a personal trainer who can design vigorous upper body workouts that don't compromise your pinned leg.

Well on the plus side I went to my family Dr today and my blood pressure was "perfect". Much better than getting a look from nurses like " how are you alive?" Lol

Hi everyone! I'm wondering if any of you guys are capable of digesting whole pills yet? I really want to start taking my multivitamin pills that I used to take prior to surgery. I have chewables but I despise them, haha.

Hopefully everyone is doing well with their journeys!

I switched over to Calcium non-chewables as well as a half dozen smaller pills I take daily and have no problem. But my NUT said the one think I should keep as a chewable was the multi. She doesn't think I should ever switch. I figure I'll wait till my 6month checkup and see how my bloodwork looks, and if everything is good, I might switch. I hate the taste of my chewables. The NUT did tell me there are much better tasting ones but they cost a lot more. They are the ones specifically designed for bariatric procedures.