Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

its basically a reset on your pouch to relearn your Portion Control. I think there might even be a thread about it on here but i did a Google search for it

For everyone with Hair loss issues, make sure you get your Protein. The loss can happen anyway, but the most important factor according to my doctor in preventing loss, is eating enough protein.

I can't tell if my hair is getting thinner. It's curly so hides imperfections quite well. Do you see bald spots or something? I don't really know what to look for. I heard month 3-6 is the danger zone for Hair loss.< /p>

hair Loss: I think you'll know it if you have it. When I wash my hair instead of just a few loose hairs coming out, I'll get a 30 in my hand. Also the pillow I sleep on has hair all over it. That never happened before. My brush when I'm done, has a lot more loose hair in it. More hair around the sink et.

I had loss before with a lap band and it lasted about a month and then the baby hair came back in.

It's hard to take pills of any kind let alone horse pills but my doc said eventually I should be able to take them again. I feel like I got all my Protein but I expect the Hair loss is the result of the surgery and recovery.

Good luck to you all!

NEW QUESTION.. ACNE.. anyone dealin with acne? I missed the acne stage as a teen now at 36 my face is breaking out along my chin line? So many changes..

Edited by Aprilhoffman78

ACNE!!! Could this be related to the sleeve?!?! I never even correlated the two! My face is breaking out worse than my 17 year old son's! I've been stealing his Proactiv and even that's not working. I have never had skin issues, so this is driving me crazy!

Oh yes women! I've got the sleeve acne too. Before maybe one or two annoyances here and there, now full on WTF! And on my scalp too which is the worst. It's been like this since surgery. If increased sebum production is a post WLS issue, I wonder is this is what contributes to Hair loss? Sebum comes out through the hair pore so maybe it's just suffocating the follicle. Face gets greasy while my body is a desert. Ugh.

@@bewell I'll never see those signs for a few reasons...

Shower: I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week. I only get 1 day of awesomeness, then it goes poof! And into a bun so less likely to see a true release. When I wash there is always a few chunks released.

Pillow: I sleep in a high bun on satin pillows cause long, curly hair is a pain to sleep with. Can't look to that.

Brush: A clean brush makes for frizz city so I only clean it once every few weeks.

Sink & Floor: Again, I've always been a shedder. I joke that it's how I claim territory.

Plus loose hair gets trapped in my curly hair.

I guess I'll just have to wait till I can see my scalp to know? Thanks anyway. Been thinking of putting coochi cream on my scalp to keep my pores open. Miconizole nitrate or something. Got the idea from Hair growth forums.

Edited by Zzzombrie

the acne is caused from the hormone change you might be experiencing. When you go through a weight loss your hormones try to shift back into a normal situation and you tend to experience is. It is normal and within a couple of months you should go back to normal. Drink plenty of Water and use a good moisturizer. I was told by my wls group it could happen. I haven't experienced it yet but good to know.

So I just got back from the gym with my trainer. I puked, it was horrible. I guess I was drinking to much Water cause it was a really intense workout and suddenly felt sick. I hate this feeling like I can't get it together. I'll be hurting tomorrow but hopefully it will allow me to see a result soon. I hate my stomach is looking the same! @@suesleeved that is AWESOME to here. Ugh I'm so jealous of you guys who will hit that way before me!

My scale is stuck. People that know about my surgery say I look like I am losing but the scale does not agree!! Sleeved 1/27 total lost 31lb. Help I'm freaking out, shouldn't this be going faster??

My scale is stuck. People that know about my surgery say I look like I am losing but the scale does not agree!! Sleeved 1/27 total lost 31lb. Help I'm freaking out, shouldn't this be going faster??

Don't freak out ????, it's normal!

I had bypass 12 Jan and have lost 33 pounds, so far, I'm also having a stall (nearly 2 weeks) keep doing what your doing!!

I was sleeved on 1/29 and I'm down 22lbs since surgery, so you're doing fantastic in my eyes!!

Overall I'm down 49.4 since my first appointment, and I'm feeling great! My loss is slow, but steady. I stay the same for 5-6 days and then overnight I drop 1.5-2.5lbs and then I'm the same for another 5-6 days.

Keep doing what you're doing because you seem to be on the right track! ????