Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quest bars are the best. My favorite flavors are strawberry cheesecake and double chocolate. You can order a variety pack off of Amazon and try all the different flavors before ordering a whole case.

I also eat the Quest Protein chips. 21 g of Protein, 5 g of carbs and no sugar. They don't taste like "real" chips but I like them way more than any Protein shake I ever tried. My favorite flavor is the cheddar.

Edited by sunflowerchild

I like the Quest bars. And, they come in a ton of different flavors, so I can always change it up!

Quest bars are the best. They dont taste like Protein bars normally do and they are a great source of Protein. The best to me is the apple pie.

hard time getting Protein in - Protein bars what is the best one out there? :)

@@rdelly01

anyone ever hear of Quest bars?? :lol:

my favorite are double chocolate chunk :)

white chocolate strawberry :)

chocolate brownie :)

OMG they are sinfull good ;)

only prob for me - i have to control myself with eating them

i could live on them

they are so good ;)

do you like greek yogurt??

i buy yummy Fage 0% plain

20 gr protein :)

i mix with one pkg sweet and low

add a few fresh blueberries

top with a pinch of granola

can't get much better than that!!

yum yum :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I don't like Quest bars. I have been getting the Atkins Meal bars. Also NuGo Smarte Carb bars are pretty good.

There are tons of other sources for Protein. 0% Greek yogurt is my personal fav. If you are not used to it, mixing it with some fruit or a bit of honey might help. Here's a helpful chart of other sources of Protein.< /p>

protein

i like greek yogurt but, recently switched to plain yogurt. regular,low fat and fat free have a ton of sugar and

carbs in it. . . . . . so i made the switch to plain yogurt. maybe, i will add some banana to the plain yogurt or

some other fruit.

i had bloodwork done for my 2nd post op apt. scheduled for january 14. i am waiting for the results . . . then i

will discuss results with bariatric surgeon on jan14.

Check out the Protein bars from a company called "oh yeah". It is from iss research. They taste like candy bars but low in fat and sugar and high in protein.

A few weeks ago I was at a store purchasing more Vitamins and decided to pick up some Protein bars to try. I grabbed every flavor of Quest bars that I found. After trying each of them I was beginning to think I'd wasted my money until I got to the Cookies & Cream flavor...DELISH! It was the only one of the bunch that didn't make me gag and it's now my favorite way to get in some extra Protein (20 g per bar) when eating a meal isn't feasible. You're gonna have to try a lot of different things to know what you like best. Some will be hits and some will be misses but you'll be glad you at least tried a lot of things. Variety is the spice of life after all :) !

Quest Bars, for sure. I like all the flavors, & some of them are even better when you heat them in the m'wave for about 15 seconds, or so... Especially the Apple Pie flavor. It's like dessert!

Greek yogurt.. some may have a little more sugar than others. I figure that since I'm doing good everywhere else, a little bit of "extra" sugar in my greek yogurt isn't going to hurt me. Even my nutritionist said that! Better to get in my Protein where/when I can, than not at all!

i like greek yogurt but, recently switched to plain yogurt. regular,low fat and fat free have a ton of sugar and

carbs in it. . . . . . so i made the switch to plain yogurt. maybe, i will add some banana to the plain yogurt or

some other fruit.

i had bloodwork done for my 2nd post op apt. scheduled for january 14. i am waiting for the results . . . then i

will discuss results with bariatric surgeon on jan14.

Not all Greek yogurt or "greek style" yogurts are the same. Fage 0% has 100 calories in a 6 ounce container, 7gms carb, 0 fat, whopping 18gms of Protein and only 7gms of sugar.

Even better the ingredients are plain and simple: skim milk and active yogurt cultures.

I have yet to try the famous Quest bars, but I love Pure Protein brand. They are soft, low carb, and you can get them in bulk at costco.< /p>

I'll double-down on Quest bars -- just had a choc chip cookie dough one - major yum and 21 grams of Protein. You can buy them by the case (12) on Amazon, or I get them at Sprout's (like Whole Foods if you don't have Sprout's where you live). Then you can buy them individually and try a few flavors. Hint: I purchased a full box/unopened at Sprout's the other day (12 bars) and the cashier gave me the "case" discount of 10%. Who knew? :o) (they work out to about $2.25-$2.50 a bar, so not cheap, but worth it to me so far...)

I have been trying out some of the Quest bars, some are good, some are just ok. But with anything you don't know until you try them. The one I was most disappointed with was the lemon one. I love lemon stuff and it just had barely any taste let alone lemon. :( I did like the chocolate chip one and one of the double chocolate or chocolate fudge I can't remember exactly the name.

I found a brand called thinkthin High Protein bar at Whole Foods. The one I had the other day was called Brownie Crunch and it was delish. Now they are higher in calories than the Quest bars, This one had 230 calories, 20g Protein, 0g sugar. I ate it for lunch after I had gotten home from the gym so the extra calories were no big deal for me. They are available on Amazon and I heard possibly Target. So far the two I have tried from this brand have been yummy. I am definitely keeping some of these on hand!!