Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this a preop smoothie or postop, my doc said no added extras to mine preop, and I'm officially on day 1 of the preop diet. He uses the KetogenX diet.

Hi all! I'm feb 19th! I'm from Waterbury CT. I'm having an endoscopy on the 3rd and IVC filter placement on the 10th. Anyone else hear of this IVC filter? My doctor does it in patients with a bmi 50 an higher to help prevent blood clots. My bmi is 50.6 so I was right on the line :( lol

@ Hello there, I don't know the answer to your question, I just noticed that you said you were from Waterbury CT. I don't see too many CT people on here. My name is Myra. I live in New Haven and my surgery date is Feb 2nd.

@ Hello there, I don't know the answer to your question, I just noticed that you said you were from Waterbury CT. I don't see too many CT people on here. My name is Myra. I live in New Haven and my surgery date is Feb 2nd.

Hi Myra! Good luck Feb 2nd! That is my daughters birthday ;) Its nice to see someone from CT too! keep me posted on how things go!

So, is everyone starting to stock up on their postop necessities? I only have a few things so far: flintstone chewable vitamins, B12 chewables, 3 different kinds of ready to drink Protein Shakes to try. So far, the chocolate Premier is pretty good. I still have a long list of things to still get. Start my 2 week preop diet in a week! Getting nervous/excited!!

So, is everyone starting to stock up on their postop necessities? I only have a few things so far: flintstone chewable vitamins, B12 chewables, 3 different kinds of ready to drink Protein Shakes to try. So far, the chocolate Premier is pretty good. I still have a long list of things to still get. Start my 2 week preop diet in a week! Getting nervous/excited!!

I just need to go buy my Vitamins after work... I started my pre op diet today and thought I was gonna be a piece of cake until lunch time but I was able to stick to my guns.

SweetGAPeach that is god that your Dr lets you use premier Protein that is what I use now and like it. I have to choose from Celebrate, bariatic advantage, and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury forms of Protein powder. My pre op diet start Thursday and I am not ready have not bought anything but the Premier Protein.

I already stocked up a couple of weeks ago. Got a lot of sugar free Jello, and instead of bouillon got salt free stock, since I'm on a low salt diet. I just got home from getting a unit of blood set aside just in case, boy am I tired now. I still haven't gotten the Popsicles, nor have I made jello yet unless you count the jello shots I made over the weekend. Lol..The rest of the house can enjoy them now, I will take my sugar free

I'm February 3rd too! My doctor doesn't require the liquid diet but I think I am going to do it anyway. Just to get used to the diet. I am having my surgery at the mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. I am so excited/nervous!!

Edited by ambernamber

Good morning February friends!

I went out and got a few more things: sugar free tums, milk of magnesia, gasX strips, Tylenol (use to be an Advil/Aleve taker), large daily pill container (to keep vitamins), and some sugar free lemon drops. Going to the grocery today for sf Jello and sf Popsicles. Going to hit BB&B tomorrow for prep bowls and measured drink cups tomorrow.

Tried the Atkins French vanilla shake (blue top) this morning. It's OK. Leaves an overly sweet aftertaste. This is the first Atkins shake I've tried. I bought the caramel one also. So far, premier is the best. I've read where the tastebuds change after surgery so I'm not going to buy a big quantity of any of the shakes...just enough to get me through a week at a time.

Keep us posted Idonerd! I start liquid next week. Have to admit it sounds tough...haven't been looking forward to it! Just have to keep our eyes (and stomachs) looking to the smaller (was going to say bigger????) picture!!

Keep us posted Idonerd! I start liquid next week. Have to admit it sounds tough...haven't been looking forward to it! Just have to keep our eyes (and stomachs) looking to the smaller (was going to say bigger????) picture!!

It is actually not as bad as I thought. I think I just made it this huge thing that it wasn't.