Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was super excited to start the puréed portion of the diet a few days ago. My doctor allows scrambled eggs made with egg beaters. I finally tried it and have never been so sick. I felt like it was stuck in my throat and had this horrible pain in my stomach. I can't believe I ever complained about a stomach ache before! That was nothing compared to this! I immediately got super sick. I hoped I would make it through this process without getting physically ill. I didn't feel right untill the next morning. Now I am nervous to try any other new foods. Anyone else have this experience?

@@holliwood1980 No, I didn't have that issue with eggs but I did add a touch of milk tommy eggs to make them more soft and fluffy. The only thing I got a little sick on was crab legs but then I Tried them again later and did fine. Some foods will just have to be retried later down the road. Don't be scared to eat.

Edited by Elode

* tommy? What the heck! To my...

I've never had egg beaters, is there a reason why he doesn't want you to have regular eggs? Also with the sleeve the eggs need to be soft and moist. Add a bit of milk or greek yogurt or even cottage cheese and cook them slow, stirring frequently.

I guess she thinks egg beaters are fluffier? I have my first post op appointment tomorrow so I am writing down all of my questions. I added a tiny bit of milk but next time I decide to try I will add more.

I'm almost 10 weeks out and eggs are still kinda tough...I've heard it from a lot of other people too. There are certain foods that my sleeve just doesn't like. Right now it's ANYTHING from the dairy section

During my puree and even into the full food phase, Frankensleeve would only tolerate Cream of Mushroom Soup. It took him a while to readjust and heal from surgery.

I would try different foods during that time, but the bites I took could be measured in teaspoons. One or two teaspoon full would be all that I could eat before Frankie started acting up and it felt like rocks in a garbage disposal - the way my stomach churned and cramped. :P

I had the same experience with eggs. I'm 2 years out, and I can everything now with no problem - except eggs. Maybe it's because I remember them feeling like a rock in my stomach, but I don't eat them now. It was the first food I tried, and it scared me because I thought everything would do that, but it's only eggs.

Yes, eggs were hard for me at first. Now I don't have a problem with them.

Couldn't do eggs without my tummy hurting for about 4-5 months. Now they are fine

I can feel your pain! I totally understand. I have gotten sick more times than I had hoped. Not because I ate too much or too fast. Simply because my tummy wasn't ready for whatever new phase I was starting. I learned to try one tiny bite and then wait to see how the tummy reacted. There are things that simply no longer set well with me :( eggs being one of the things. I seem to handle a poached egg better thAn a scrambled egg. But again in very limited portions. Hope you feel better and stay with the actual purée things. I even can handle a soft scrambled egg puréed better than without chopping it In my little chopper.

Hugs if support!

man, this sucks ... I have held off on eggs based on my NUT's suggestion ... but, at the same time, my stomach can be a real bitch now and I am hesitant to give it new things ... think I will wait till maybe month 3 before I play with eggs :)

I am glad I'm not alone with this problem! That's why I love this site! It stinks because I really like egg salad but the thought of eggs makes my stomach hurt! I may wait untill the next phase to try them again. All in all this process still isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I worried about knowing when I would be full but it's much more automatic now. Thank you all for the advice! I love reading it all , especially the Frankie comment! I needed that laugh this morning!

10 months out and I still can't tolerate eggs! I used to LOVE eggs - omelettes, deviled, scrambled w/cheese.. etc

Now it is the only thing I can't eat. I am actually less lactose intolerant since the surgery than I was before.

Go figure!