Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight gain 10 D post op

Morning all! :-)

So I've been doing everything I'm suppose to be doing up to this point. Already drinking my 3 Protein shakes a day.

Can someone tell me why in the blue hell I've gained 3 lbs?!? Lol, I wasn't able to go to the bathroom but been taking Miralax for Constipation but seriously, someone encourage me.

Have a great week!

probably Constipation and leftover retained fluids from surgery. Don't panic, it happens a lot. Stay off the scale for a while and keep following your program, you'll do great!

@MarielbxDrink some Smooth Move tea! That's will get you going! Don't worry your body will readjust soon. It's probably just Fluid shifting. Stay off the scale for a week if you can.

Are you just doing 3 Protein shakes a day? I was not able to even do a Protein shake. For the first 2 weeks post-surgery, I was only able to do liquid only. No food whatsoever. But what I have realized is each surgeons/state does it differently.

To date I have now lost 64 pounds. I am so excited. :)

After the two weeks of liquid only, I then was able to do mushy food but only 2 teaspoonfulls every 2 hours. I also made sure I drank my Water between.

Remember no Water 30 mintues before a meal or 30 minutes after a meal.

Hope this helps.

No need to be discouraged. Everybody reacts a bit differently to surgery. There are some major changes happening. Just do what you are supposed to do and it will happen!

Is it possible it's that time of the month? My hormones are out of whack so I have no clue when it's coming.

Thanks Everyone! Bufflehead, Elode & SuperDave ????

TaurusLady I've gotten up to my 3 shakes a day maybe 1 bottle of Water, some apple sauce & broth. Friday I can move up to mouthy stuff. I'm having a purée party that day, lol. I'm very happy to hear bout your 64 lbs. that's GREAT!!

Peki31 yes! I didn't even think of that! Thank you.

Your body naturally fluctuates. I can go up 3lbs one morning and then back down the next....then stall for a few days...then drop 2lbs. Constant roller coaster. I am fighting myself about getting on the scale everyday. I talk myself out of skipping in and then jump on it when I pass it! Doc advises to just weigh once a week. HAHAHAHA Right! Try not to sweat it. If you are eating right and exercising and getting all your Water in then its just a goofy fluctuation. I only get mad at myself if I know I had too much salt or ....like at Christmas time, I ate a sugar cookie everyday for 5 stinking days and didn't track my food!! Hang in their friend!

You had surgery in October? If that is the case you should be eating regular food and not relying on Protein Shakes. Maybe you not getting enough calories in. If you follow most of the rule most of the time you'll lose most of the weight. Be patient.