Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you all start eating bread again? I'm scared of bread ...even though a love it I'm scared about it swelling in my pouch

I've had small bites here and there. I generally try to avoid it. I've had no issues with what I have eaten.

I haven't had any yet even though my nutritionist says I can. I have a long way to go and a lot of weight to lose. I'm not missing it yet so I'd rather wait until I'm closer to maintenance.

I'm in week 6 and haven't had bread yet. I'm holding out because I dint want to start craving carbs :-)

No bread for me! I'm staying away from bread, potatoes and rice for now. I may slowly introduce them when I'm in maintenance, but for now I don't need those carbs hindering my weight loss.

I didn't have bread until I met goal (about 6 months out). Even now I only eat a few pita chips or make a sandwich using 1/2 sandwich thin a couple times/month. I've had subway a couple times and I remove the top half of the bun and can eat about 1/2 of a 6" sub. I love Bagels and French bread but haven't had either in over a year. I know they are just a waste of limited tummy space with little nutritional value.

Edited by Kindle

I am 9 weeks post op and have NOT had bread and although I have a desire for it (like a tuna sandwich or BLT), I am being good about staying away from it.

I'm 8 weeks post op, I had half a roll on Christmas with no bad effects. However, I'm really not craving bread yet, so no reason to worry about it!

I haven't had surgery yet but I don't think I ever want to eat bread! I have a problem with bread already as a "big stomach" person, lol...so I could just imagine eating it after having gastric sleeve surgery. Wheww wee that's a nightmare I don't want to come true!!!! Lol

Me, too @Elode. I tell people I'm allergic to white carbs - they make me break out in fat,

At soft foods I was ok'ed to have a slice of wheat bread...maybe someone can school me on the diff of not having toast but having rice? Maybe I read it differently but someone said they don't eat bread but they eat rice?

No bread for me! I'm staying away from bread, potatoes and rice for now. I may slowly introduce them when I'm in maintenance, but for now I don't need those carbs hindering my weight loss.

I just learned to include this quote...can anyone help me understand this? I don't eat rice(yes an Asian that doesn't eat rice) I tried mashed potatoes in the blenderized phase..nothing now though. Just trying to understand as I'm trying to follow my nut and I know there are always diff of opinion

I tolerated toast early on in the game. 1/2 slice. As what others have said, there are so many other yummy things to eat, that are much healthier, so I just avoid it. I noticed that dry and crunchy is a slider food for me so I really should try to make peace with abstinence.