Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days until surgery

Every two hours I was pumped with dilaudid through my i.v. and liquid percocet kind of stuff every 4. I was there for two nights. I couldn't stay awake to text or anything. Just slept and watched tv. Once I left the hospital I felt like a different person. The next day I had my brother drive me around to go shopping. Day after that had a post op appointment and went to work the following day hree days after discharge. Take it easy. Relax. Dont worry about not getting all your liquid and Fluid requirements. It takes time. Bowel movements after may take a while. Don't freak. Just focus on your healing.

Here is my only suggestion to you. Have them inject the HEPARIN in your stomach. This way you do not have the hugh busing. It did not hurt there either.

I ended up staying an extra night because all I wanted to do was sleep. I did not drink alot of fluids after I left the hospital. I did, however, keep a bottle with me at all times because I did not want to become dehydrated (which is very easy after you are discharged).

You will do fine. Just relax and realize you have made the right decision to start a new you.

Annamarie

I'm 2 days post op & all I can say is: take it one day at a time. I took my iPad to catch up on Netflix & I never looked at it or my iPhone to text. I had no energy for any of that. I just came home today. Walked around my local CVS a couple of times waiting for my meds, came home & have been napping.

Good luck to you and best wishes. Keep me posted

It is 330 am I'm leaving to Miami. Surgery is at 730am. I could barely sleep. No turning back now. This is my last post. Please say some prayers. I will get back to everyone soon and let you know how it went.:@

Ok ladies and gentlemen. I have made it. So far so good but pain has been pretty bad and I am able to sip on Water and ice to I keep coming in and out of napping because of the pain medication and now I am sipping on chicken broth as the SIP Goes Down a burp comes up my throat hurts from the tube. It is a little hard to walk. And I have a drainage thing in the side of my stomach the doctor says it's to drain adhesions and blood? Does anyone have any questions why was is fresh in my mind about the process so far

I'll bet that pain meds depend on your doctor. My doctor sent me home with liquid hydrocodone but I was also taking omeprazole and something to prevent gall stones.

I'm home now. They kept me longer then normal because my blood count would not go back up I'm home now I go from being a little weak to be an OK to being weak again but so far so good I'm on a clear liquid diet tomorrow I think I get to go to a little bit more than a clear liquid not completely full liquid yet. But the good news is I've already lost 7 pounds. Yay!

Glad to see you did okay. So you had to do an extra few days in hospital. It was worth it. Congrats on the 7 pounds. Wasn't as bad as you anticipated.

I will warn you that in a couple days you may cry or become overwhelmed thinking this was the wrong decision. It will pass. Also, the pain you feel in your chest, arms is from the gas they put into you stomach. Best way to help with that is walk, walk, walk. It, too, will go away.

Take it easy and enjoy your new life.

Happy New Year's.

Thanks I'm already feeling the" omg what did I do" but I know it will pass. I can't walk yet due to the low blood count. I will get it checked again on 1-2. Then I can go from there. I am feeling a little hungry is that normal. I feel like I'm doing okay on my liquids as well.

Remember they did surgery on your stomach not your brain. So you now need to train your brain when you should eat. My daughter would always tell me to sip Water because it usually means you need Water and not food. try that.

After my surgery, I had NO appetite. I didn't even like drinking water. I stopped doing the Protein drink because my new stomach said "NO WAY". It made me feel yukky, so I have not had a Protein Drink since 11/22/14.

By the way......Happy New Year and New Life 2015. You will have an amazing journey......