Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't believe the change in 7 days

I'm 7 days out from surgery and can't believe how fast the weight is coming off already. As of this morning I'm down 22 lbs from the time I started pre-surgery liquids. (I only needed 2 days of liquids prior to surgery). I know this will slow once I get on puréed and solid stages of food but I'm still blown away by how effective this is.

What is probably more important is:

- I'm sleeping MUCH better and for the first time in 2 years I can breath through my nose instead of laying all night with my mouth open, choking for air. I'm also starting to have, or at least remember, dreams again. I feel like my sleep apnea is gone but realize it may be too early to claim victory entirely. Keeping my fingers crossed.

-I was also pre- diabetic prior to surgery and craved sweets constantly. Now the thought alone makes me nauseous. I also haven't had blood sugar issues at all since surgery.

-My BP has decreased to normal levels.

-I'm wearing clothes that haven't fit me for the last 2 years.

-it may sound strange but everything outside seems more vivid in color. The trees, the sky, the Water, they all seem brighter.....maybe it's just because I'm spending more time outdoors walking and relaxing instead of working, stressing, and eating, but it doesn't seem like it.

So far I'm very happy I had this surgery even though it's far from being easy and I'm still in some slight pain/ discomfort. I'm getting a glimpse of what the future holds and things are looking up for the first time in a long while. I can't wait to see what life is like a year from now!

That is so awesome! I know exactly what you mean about the blood sugar and blood pressure. I feel so positive about things now that I don't have to take insulin and a other meds I was taking. Just a little advice. Don't miss drinking your Protein and get in as much Water as you can. It will make you feel bad and nauseas if you don't. I did learn that the hard way. But am getting the hang of this now.

Wonderful, congrats. I am 7 weeks out and 48 lbs gone (including pre-surgery diet). It goes very quickly. Imagine how good it feels with 48lbs gone, you'll feel like a new person. I can do things I couldn't do before. Like put on socks, run and go upstairs 20 times per day without problem. Not to mention no more high blood pressure or pre-diabetes medicine. In addition, my CPAP breathing machine for sleep apnea was reduced to half of the pressure it was before. In another 30 lbs my doctor thinks there's 80% chance I won't need it anymore. This is the best think ever, right? Not easy at first but you will be feeling really wonderful very soon, I am.

Congratulations on your success. It will only get better and its never too late to have this done. I had it done 7/3114 and am down 85 lbs. My wife had it done the following month and she is down over 50 lbs. My son will have this surgery as well on 1/26/15 so we have an internal support group in the works.

The only complication I had and keep an eye on this for yourself, is that the changes were so dramatic that my blood pressure actually dropped below normal because of the high blood pressure meds i was on. I felt like I was going to pass out whenever I stood up. Got with my GP quickly and he took me off the high blood pressure meds only days after surgery and have not been back on them since. Also got rid of the dreaded CPAP machine.

The suregery is both life saving and life changing.

Best of luck to you on your recovery and a new you for the rest of your life!

Forgot to mention one thing. New Clothes! Be very careful with this. I had my surgery on a Thursday and returned to work the following Tuesday. I headed out at lunch to Men's Wearhouse because my pants were litterally falling off me. I got into my new size and bought two pairs of trousers the next size down. My Sunday of that week I was out of the trousers I had purchased on Tuesday. The weight and inches come off very quickly in the beginning which is a great motivator. Just don't buy two many clothes the first few months. You're going to really like shopping now!

GUYS ROOM

Hey, that is great. glad you are recovering fast. first month is super exciting. brace yourself for the week 3 stall. take care!!!