Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FIRST fill this Wednesday! What should I expect?

I have to say, I'm a bit nervous about my first fill. I see my surgeon on Wednesday afternoon and I'm hoping he fills it a fair amount as I have been getting hungry lately. I've lost 14 pounds since the surgery 3 weeks ago but am a LONG way from home, baby! LOL! I'm not worried about them injecting the saline into the port, but I am concerned that if it's not enough I'll have to wait another month (I think??) before I can get another fill. What do you long-time bandits have to say??

;-)

Thanks, all!

I had my first fill yesterday and was also very nervous. Truly all I felt was a sting for about 20 seconds and that was it. I was also advised to have Fluid for the remainder of that day and then soft food for the next day or so (I am still in the soft food phase anyway so that was no different to me). I have noticed a difference in the restriction and today I am definitely getting fuller quicker. I hope this helps and good luck to you for Wednesday.

Thank you, Miss Meg! That makes me feel a whole lot less anxious about Wednesday!!!! Of course I have a 'girls night' planned for later that same evening. Guess I'll have to use the "upset stomach" excuse!!

;-)

Mary

I just had my 5th fill today. A piece if cake! I can only handle small fills though, at a time. So sometimes less is more. Just remember the band does not restrict us from eating anything. It's up to us to make healthier choices. Best wishes.

Hi there, I remember this so well -- I was excited and nervous about everything, including that first fill. I chatted with the surgeon and before I knew it he was giving me an arm to sit up -- I couldn't believe it was over. Hardly felt a thing. Now I've had several fills and one small unfill. So easy. For me it can take a few days to settle in -- 4-5 days before I feel it. My surgeon has no post-fill protocol. He/she will tell you everything you need to know -- so many different approaches. I got fills weekly at first (small ones). Best wishes -- you are on your way!