Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So sad about Hair Loss

Thinking that you might not even notice the Hair loss.< /p>

This is something I'm super scared about! I love my hair! And I have a lot of it, but it's baby fine in texture! I've got a game plan in place--biotin, Nioxin shampoo/conditioner (strengthens hair and stimulates scalp), and ITWORKS hair skin and nails supplement. I'm hoping this will soften the blow! I lost lots of hair due to an illness and I really don't want to go through that again.... But more than that, I want to lose weight and be healthy. There are always extensions, right?! Haha

@@laurenelizabeth

Yeah I worry too.... Oooo I'm. Gonna make a list Biotin, nioxon and Vitamins etc...... I. Have short. hair so. Hopefully I'll be ok lol hopefully we both will

Amen though!

I'm getting the sleeve on the 22nd--apparently theirs hairless risk for both!

Sleeved on August 7th and down 70lbs...loving the new me already however, totally sad about the gobs of hair I am losing.

I have always had a ton of beauftiful, long, thick dark hair. One of my best qualiteis and my security blanket. I didn't lose one strand of hair during pregnanacy or even after and I was sure that it wouldn't happen to me and if it did "I had hair to spare"! At about my two month mark it started falling out and has been ever since I even chopped it short to help and it seems to be getting worse. I am just so sad. I don't feel as pretty or feminie. I dread taking a shower becaue of the handfuls that fall out. It ends up getting pulled back everyday. I wouldn't trade my weight loss but its still depressing. I am a logical and practical woman but the hair thing is taking me for a loop. I think it is because I used it to help mask my weight. If I had gorgeous, long hair then it would take the attention off of my size. Who knows, all I know now is this sucks. lol

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

I'm off to the hairdressers tomorrow to get my hair cut short, I've lost lots and lots and like you I too had super thick, long curly, glossy hair - can you tell I'm in mourning lol - so trust me I KNOW how you feel. Am 2lbs off goal weight and lost over 6.6stone, so I'm guessing something had to give!

Would I trade, honestly no, but that doesn't make the loss of something I've always had and am known for any less heartfelt.

So my heartfelt sympathies, but lets suck it up and go forth x

Im sure you have been told about the biotin...I take 10,000 daily...I started losing some hair long before this surgery..the past few yrs my little thinning came from thyroid disease. its pretty much stopped but the Biotin an folic acid daily will help alot. Im 5 months out an hadnt noticed much differance. Im sorry youv had an issue with it but it DOES STOP and get better an then it will all come back!! :)

I'm far worse than you because I didn't have lots of hair to begin with and when I reached month 4 the bald spot was obvious especially when my head is wet so I bought a topper hairpiece to cover it. Now my hairs started to grow back but it's still too thin on the top so I'm still hanging on my topper which I'm now very comfortable with. I kinda like it as it makes my hairs look a lot fuller than my real hair before losing weight, women wear wigs/ extension hairs all the time, so I'm ok with it.

Hang in there, your beautiful hairs will grow back.

I feel your pain, and here's my sob story: My hair finally stopped falling out at about 12 months, but all is not well. At about 10 months out, it was still falling out and then it started breaking! These high Protein diets can do something to the hair, especially if you use the wrong shampoo/conditioner. So, not only is my hair super thin now, it has broken so much that it looks like I've cut 6 to 8 inches off. I've switched products, so I'm hoping it will recover. But, you know what? I say to myself, "I'd rather be getting healthy and weigh a lot less with stupid looking hair than weigh 350 pounds with awesome hair!" Hair grows back... LOL :)

Edited by Shells_Almost_There

I lost hair from around 4 month to about 12 months. I didn't have a lot to begin with, so it was pretty rough for me. It did come back partially, but I'm now at 2 years post op, and it's still not all back. I took Biotin, Vitamins, and saw a dermatologist where I was given injections in my scalp (which did help). I did everything right, and never missed my Protein, Fluid, or Vitamins. I was doing pretty good with regrowth, but I've had three surgeries since my sleeve, and I think the anesthesia caused more loss. Even still, I look way better thin with thin hair than I did when I was morbidly obese with kind of thin hair. I'm still hopeful that it will come back. I know someone who had bypass years ago, and told me she just recently noticed her hair is still getting thicker. We are both in our 50s, so I think that also makes a difference.