Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone ever cheated on a liquid diet? Mines started yesterday and so far so good hopefully it'll be smooth surgery is coming soon I'm so scared but ready for a new beginning

I started my liquid diet (as in Protein Shakes only for 5 days and then two days of Clear Liquids Is coming this weekend) this past Monday and the first day I had the teensiest bite of a Lasagna noodle and Tuesday i had piNch of meatloaf. I haven't touched anything else solid and don't dare to as it gets closer to my surgery this Monday the 15th. Hang in there! Keep reminding yourself why you're doing this!!! You got this!!! ????

I have to be honest, I cheated on day two and three of my diet, I had a few chips on day two, and I had two bites of pepperoni pizza on day three! After that I removed anything that could tempt me to cheat out of my house. I'm on day seven now, and its getting easier, since I still cook for my family every night. The guilt of cheating starts to set in after you do it and you remind yourself why you are doing the diet in the first place. Just remember that you are human and make mistakes, but in the end make sure you learn from it and become a better person.

I cheated too :-( I had a small bowl of mashed potatoes and about 2 ounces of meatloaf. I do however plan on being super clean with this diet the last seven days, and flush with plenty of fluids.

Listen guys I think everyone has slipped on their pre op but I felt guilty and called my nutritionist and she told me that it was ok to eat liquid all day and for dinner to eat a piece of chicken or fish as that was a Protein and my liver would still shrinkBecause that is the whole reason for the pre op. So don't stress yourselves and eat a piece of protein for dinner until the day before surgery my pre op was 3 weeks long and I had the chicken with a very small salad because she said lettuce was basically Water? ??? hope this helped

Edited by claudi2103

Thank you so much claudi2103! I had been feeling so guilty!

You guys I cheated today and I feel horrible !!! I had been doing well since Tuesday my surgery is on the 17th. But I couldn't anymore and we had an event... I didn't eat horribly but I gave in... Beating myself over it now ...

As long as it was Protein and not greasy u should be fine just try to stick to ur liquids all day and have 1 protein meal a day but not the day before surgery

That's what my nutritionist told me

The only thing I cheated with was a few oyster crackers in my broth.

Wow u must be excited and u should be I was so excited and it was all worth it????

It's so interesting to see the differences between what different surgeons and their teams require. Mine doesn't do pre-op liquid diet at all. They don't believe in Protein shakes and insist on getting Protein the old fashioned way. Instead, they have a 1300 kcal/day diet (men get to have slightly more) that they want us to follow for the two weeks leading up to surgery, but even then my nutritionist has given me her blessing to eat properly for both Christmas and New Year's Eve in advance of my surgery on January 6. I know they say not to eat or drink anything past midnight the night before surgery, but I think that's about it. I'll learn more at my pre-op class tomorrow morning.

@@anaxila what country is your surgery in ? I've been talking to a lot of people and most surgeons require a weight managed diet before surgery and a pre op diet in the U.S. . But in places like Mexico they don't follow the regular diet plan.

@@claudi2103, my surgeon is James Wallace in Milwaukee, WI. He's the founder of the bariatric center of excellence at this hospital and has been at it for 21 years. I haven't seen any other programs that have the same approach, but I know a number of people who've been through their program and give him rave reviews. In my experience, Wallace is a bit of an odd duck (surgeons are a special breed...), but everyone else on the team has been amazing.