Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

hi c!!! I am trying to do my online homework for school and the system is down. called the school help desk, and it may be down for at least another 3 hours....UGHHH

Cant go ride, the wind would knock me off my bike..LOL

so.....guess I should clean the house....;)

No, I have not heard from TX either. I think we all have sent her messages and letters and cards.....I hope she is ok too.

Hi, I just found this forum so forgive if I go over something that has already been discussed.

Do most of you wear a medic alert Bracelet while biking? I was concerned about medics knowing that I have a lap band when I bike it so I got a purple medic alert band.

My wording says "Adj. Gastric Band - Abdominal Port - No blind NG"

I stole that wording from the Lapband forum on the subject.

http://stores.ebay.com/medical-alert-bands if anyone is interested.

And I do about 10-15 miles on the weekends when I can get someone to watch my daughter. 3-4 miles per evening when I have her. She has a three-wheeler that goes pretty slowly (she is 13 with autism) and she does about 1/2 mile and I do about 3-4 around her while she is doing her 1/2 mile.

Susan

Seebs

We got quite a bit of rain in Dallas, but we did not get high winds or much damage. My folks, who live in the same town as Stephanie got even less rain, but maybe more wind.

Hi Susan! I think some us have the RoadID bracelet/anklet/medallion with similar information. I ordered mine a while before being banded, and it has some emergency contact info/blood type/diabetes info. I need to update mine with band / no blind NG information.

B

i actually dont wear one, but most likely should.

I am glad you didnt get damage Mike. We had awful winds here today, with gust up to 75mph....needless to say....No riding for me!!!! No power either...been off since 11.

trying to do homework..kind of hard to do when your stuff in ONLINE>

and welcome Susan. I have a friend who has a 15 year old son who is also autistic. You are a strong woman and I think it is great you are using the band to get healthy.

Well chicas, I've added a mountain bike to the collection. The LBS had a 2008 Trek 3700 on sale for about $100 off retail, so I snagged it. I rode it around the parking lot, and it fit much better than the Trek hybrid I had last year -- it's the next size up. Should have tried the next larger size last year. Oh well, live and learn.

I'll take it to the park tomorrow night for a ride on the trails.

B

Hi my friends. I am here for my weekly check-in.

I have read all of the posts I missed out on. I miss you all!!!!

I got a good 32 mile ride in on Saturday. I am still running twice a week, and may bump it up to three times a week. I am doing about 2.4 miles at a time. It is hard, but I kinda like it. A little bit. Not really, but I am trying to talk myself into it.

Hey gang!

I'm just stopping by to say Hi too! I'm done losing weight for a while it seems. I got my big victory with the 50 pounds and now there's nothing. I'm going to the gym more, I'm sore and I'm stressed. I'm not eating good the last few days and I don't know why! I'm sure it will come back, but for now I'm bummed that my celebration was so short lived!

Hope everyone is doing okay.

~C

GDMF site - I wrote a nice long post, and the page refreshed and "poof" it was gone...

Let's try again....

C - Stick with it, you'll get there. 50 ponds in 5 months is awesome progress! I saw an article once that described why we stop losing from time to time, even when we do things right. It made sense at the time, but that didn't make it any easier...

For the first time since I started traveling in the spring, i rode a bike, outside. Also the first time I've ever done any trails on a bike. Oopha, that's a lot of work. Grass and bumpy terrain make for a lot more resistance. According to the HRM, i burned more calories on a 3ish mile ride today than I would have on a 15-mile road ride on the recumbent...

Anyway, thought I'd share.

Hope everyone is having a good evening....

B

B, trail riding is MUCH harder and more like doing weights.....I like it, but love road biking....unless redneck retards flip me off driving toward me in a really big truck...then I like the trails

Thanks B for the encouragement. I won't give up, I'm just a little frustrated! I have big plans ya know, and I need to get this weight off! There is a whole plethera of new clothes out there waiting for me! LOL

Hey gang!

I'm just stopping by to say Hi too! I'm done losing weight for a while it seems. I got my big victory with the 50 pounds and now there's nothing. I'm going to the gym more, I'm sore and I'm stressed. I'm not eating good the last few days and I don't know why! I'm sure it will come back, but for now I'm bummed that my celebration was so short lived!

Hope everyone is doing okay.

~C

Hey carol...I posted this on another site so I will copy and paste it here so you can see you are not alone. I am working out with biking, yoga, walking and weights and i am just frustrated too..

So I went to the dr. today and he told me to take my scale away until I see him next month. He wasn't happy that I had only lost 2 pounds this month and I told him I wasn't either. I told him I am keeping a food journal and making sure I stay between my 800-1200 calories a day, I am exercising and told him how frustrated I was with the lack of weight loss. He told me just to keep it up and hopefully I will see progress next month, I think I am a little hormonal bc that was not the answer I was looking for. I left pretty upset...I dont know...gotta love a womans TOM.

So I will keep at it and hopefully I will see results soon... Oh and he didnt want to add anything to my band today so I have the same ol same ol

Thank you! I know I need to just keep doing what I was doing. I think my body realized it had let go of a few pounds and freaked out! LOL

I have to stay motivated somehow and keep on truckin'!

~C

tlilli

Gosh, isnt that frustrating as heck????? But you will start loosing again, we all hit those times when it just freakin STOPS! Keep your head up.........and turler you too!!! You guys are all doing amazing things and it will all pay off for you guys....

We are still without power. it is getting frustrating. I have been without since 11am on Sunday. We are starting to loose food, and kids are getting tired of it, and I need a shower!!! I think we are heading to the campground near by this evening and ride our bikes in to take a shower. We are also going to try and do laundry somewhere as well. This is yuck. I cant imagine how people did it for weeks and weeks.

Mike...awesome on the ride......D...I miss you!!!!!!

Hi gang.

We've been dealing with the effects of Ike in Central Ohio.

The winds blew down power lines and knocked over many many trees. Personally, my power at home was out for 7 hours. But where I work it's off. The kids had already been shipped to the school, we fed them yesterday and sent them home. We moved the contents of walkin in freezers and coolers to our sister school which has a back up generator.

My daughter is off school and we are home.

It's a mess.

And hi Seebs. -She's a Columbus gal too-

B, rock on with the new bike.

C and L The weight will move, it does, it always moves if you keep at it. I know it's a pain in the butt. Sorry for your frustration.

Juli