Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

yes Mike you have very valid points, and I agree. You can eat more if you know how to do it....but I think that risking the band getting stuck or slipping keeps scaring me from eating too much at one time. Now....I have made bad choices in what I eat...or drink.....wine, or dews..but I am trying to move past that and get back on track as well.

I know I dont misuse my band when I am exercising...I want to start some other types of exercise as well, but cycling is by far my favorite.

Mike, I have IM too...I need to get on there more.....

J...yea, I do love my bike and love being out on it.....I am so glad I have my road bike though, but do miss my hybrid. The fact I could just get on it and go.....but..I will get me another, just not a big priority...and my dining room looks like it has been invaded by bikes...LOL

So...goregous night, and I am doing MATH...ughhhh

Well I just HAVE to share my wonderful news!!

I lost 50 pounds!!!!!!

...and I got this gift on my 5 month 'bandiversary'!

...I have pushed through what I call a barrier and now I'm in the 'teens'!!! I'm almost to Onederland! I was so excited this morning when I stepped on the scale!

Now I just need to keep this up and hope that it doesn't slow down too much. I need to keep adding the exercise. I read your posts diligently and realize that I need to exercise to lose. I only do it here and there and I'm not dedicated yet. I want to be, but that habit part just hasn't kicked in...YET!

I also use a lot of dressing to get my Protein down. It gets stuck if it's not lubricated. Gross I know, but I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

~Carol

Edited by Turler

HP - Love your photo with your bike. Happiness is....a yellow jersey and a 2-wheeled friend. Beautiful you are.

OH - thanks for the comment on my blog. Always tickles me when someone reads it. Hope your travel is productive...or at least not too painful!

Turl - Congratulations!!!! Whoeeeee! :sad:

Mike - don't know ya' I'm sorta new on the Bycyler thread. But, I'm impressed with what you've written already. You go!

Finally, a lean Protein joke told to me by one of my students:

Two cannibals are dining on a clown

One turns to the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

:) Yeah...it might take a lot of sauce to get that groaner down! Take care all! KY

congrats Turler....way to go......we weigh the same now....YIKES....I am feeling our challenge coming out....LOL

KY..thanks!!!!!!!! Love that jersey.....found it at a thrift store for a few bucks....we all know how much of a savings that is.....

I had a NSV today...my daughter gave me a pair of LEI jean shorts that were too big on her last night...they sit below the waist...(didnt know I had one...) and they fit me.....they seem tight for me, but Hmm....love the size, the way they make my Butt look, and the fact that there was NO way in Hell these would of come close to getting on me a year ago....LOVE MY BAND...LOVE MY BIKE, LOVE MY FRIENDS...LOVE LIFE!!!!

J - Thanks! I do appreciate the IM support over the summer, and I'm sure I'll take you up on the offer again!

Carol - Congratulations on 50 pounds at your 5 month bandiversary! I'm in the same boat with having to use Salad Dressing to get Protein down. I don't really know what to offer there. I'm getting refilled, and will get most of my protein from drinks again... It seems to be what works best for me.

2B - Hiya! Sorry I wasn't around earlier to welcome you earlier. I, too, have read your blog - good stuff.

I have an appointment to get refilled on Friday the 19th. I'm very excited about that. Time to wean myself from the diet cokes, lunchables, and other crap foods. Woohoo! Also going to go to the various LBS around today to look for inexpensive, used hybrid for riding on the trails at the park. All-in-all, a productive week home.

B

mike...check out craigslist.org

they have used bikes on there and I have sold mine there before..../

what fancy border?????

I dunno... it's gone now. But the other day every few posts, by you and J would have a dark border around them. Weirdness...

you drinkin too much protien girl....LOL

The only way I know to get Protein down without a ton of sauce is to cut it small and use broth, not mayo. You can also blend it, but yeah fat make food slide on down...but fat makes us fat too.

Carol-

You're doing great 10# a month is perfect for the first part of the first year. You go girl! Exercise will happen if you plan on it happening!

KY

I love cannibal jokes...

But I'll leave um alone.

J- I am liking the gym more and more these days. I have never cared for weight lifting, but I have been pushing myself to do it out of necessity. I need to bump up the cardio too though. I just haven't found my groove with my schedule. I work long 12 hour shifts and I'm in school now for one 12 hour day as well. So these very long days are making it tough for me. I'm usually too tired after work/school, can't get up early because evidently I'm either too tired or lazy...not sure which on that. My days off are so full of chores and errands, that I'm averaging 1-2 x week for the gym. That is not going to cut it. I have GOT to find something that will work! Any suggestions?

~C

my goodness, checked on here today and there has not been a post since FRIDAY...we all must be riding allot..???? I havent hit the bike all weekend. Ended up doing some other things that needed to get done, and now we have IKE moving through....Praying our Texas friends all made it through ok.....

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hi HP!

Yeah...the whole site seems to be quiet this weekend. Maybe everyone is just out enjoying what will be the last few good weather weekends for a while!

We really need the rain here though. I'm okay with it, but my heart goes out to those south of us that are getting hit.

Does anyone know how Stef is doing? We haven't seen her on here for months and I know she lives in Texas. Hope she is okay.

~C