Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was told no carbonated drinks after the sleeve. Is this true? I am very early in this process.

Yes its true, for me anyway. I know people have ways around it by flattening the soda out ect...I don't drink sodas. Really never have but yeah that's some surgeons "rule".

I am 3 months out and I drink some diet dp every so often. No problems, but you belch quite a bit. I can't drink a lot, just a few sips here and there.

I tried carbonated drinks 3 or 4 months out and it was painful enough to dissuade me from trying again for a long time.

I was told no carbonated drinks after the sleeve. Is this true? I am very early in this process.

Nope none. Your belly can't handle the extra gas. If you have a soda addiction start weaning yourself ASAP.

My surgeon told me to say good-bye to soda for the rest of my life.

My surgeon told me to say good-bye to soda for the rest of my life.

Soda was one of the easier things to give up. I quit well before I ever considered WLS. The point of the surgery is ti change the way we eat and help us adjust to a healthier way of eating. Most foods we eat have some nutritional value. Soda has none. I haven't had a soda in probably 5 years and don't miss it one bit.

Nope none. Your belly can't handle the extra gas. If you have a soda addiction start weaning yourself ASAP.

Thanks. I need to get off the diet Pepsi. I figure if I quit smoking..then I'll get through my DP addiction.

I used to drink over 80 Oz of diet Mt dew every day before I started my journey (I'm still pre op, three days til surgery) and it was really hard at first, especially weaning from the caffeine. You can do it, though. I've redirected my addiction to Poweraid zero, which counts towards my Water intake. I hate bland plain water. They have lots of good flavors. Too many in a day though can backfire because of the sodium from the electrolytes in them. You can even try water flavorings like mio, crystal light, etc. Beware of too much use of things made with liquid stevia, caused major abdominal distress. Lol. Splenda usually gets me through my sweet cravings. I hope this helps you a bit. I know how much I LOVED my diet soda, but I promise you'll be able to let it go :)

It wasn't difficult for me at all. I gave up soda a very long time ago.

I'm three months out, and although I'm not a big fan of pop, I've had a few in drinks, but I still like carbonated Water, and it doesn't bother me. I only have one glass at a time, and don't guzzle, I really enjoy them.

I haven't has any soda since my surgery in October of 13. I have known people that have...those same people have stretched their sleeve back out and have gained some if not all of their weight back. I would suggest laying them down for good. Best wishes to you!

I used to drink over 80 Oz of diet Mt dew every day before I started my journey (I'm still pre op, three days til surgery) and it was really hard at first, especially weaning from the caffeine. You can do it, though. I've redirected my addiction to Poweraid zero, which counts towards my Water intake. I hate bland plain water. They have lots of good flavors. Too many in a day though can backfire because of the sodium from the electrolytes in them. You can even try water flavorings like mio, crystal light, etc. Beware of too much use of things made with liquid stevia, caused major abdominal distress. Lol. Splenda usually gets me through my sweet cravings. I hope this helps you a bit. I know how much I LOVED my diet soda, but I promise you'll be able to let it go :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am going to have to quit cold turkey. I did that with cigarettes. I know it will hard but I never have expected this process to be easy.

I haven't has any soda since my surgery in October of 13. I have known people that have...those same people have stretched their sleeve back out and have gained some if not all of their weight back. I would suggest laying them down for good. Best wishes to you!

. Thank you for telling me this...more reason to give it up for good.