Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is a horrible day. Hell, this week has been horrible. I am so naseous and i don't want to drink Protein. Now I have a cold and all the nasty mucus is settling in my stomach. My body tried to throw up yesterday and today but there is not anything to throw up. I feel wretched and am regretting this surgery. Any one have this experience/feeling?

Oh my gosh. I hear that nearly everyone feels that way in the beginning. I can't speak from personal experience, but I'm pretty sure that soon others will chime in to share their experiences with you, and help you understand that you are not alone in your regrets. But, it is done. You can't undo it, so best to move onward, and do what you set out to do. Get thin and healthy. That's your ultimate goal, isn't it? It is mine. I'm sorry it has been hard for you, but try to have patience. You are so worth all the good things ahead of you, once you get past the bad stuff.

I am sorry that you are feeling this way. It's especially sad that you are sick. I regretted this surgery for at least 3 months or so. Sometimes I still do. But I am 1 year out this month and have some amazing changes. My diabetes is gone, arthritis not bothering me, can walk longer, not out of breath when I exercise etc... You have lots of good things to look forward to. Hopefully your cold will go away soon and you can try a more positive outlook. I have lost over 100 pounds and so can you. There will be times when you are tempted, but be strong and you will prevail! Best of luck to you. Email me if you like at emmafiona0926@gmail.com. I will try to help you.

I felt that way for a month and i am 5 weeks out. I was always hungry too.

Now it is so much better. It helps if you can get some Unjury chicken Soup Protein Powder, it doesn't taste nasty and it will maybe help your cold symptoms. It will get better. It will. There are others out here following your progress and encouraging you forward, remember that. Water, some soup and sleep, you will feel well soon, have faith!

I said the same thing in the hospital. My surgery was 11/20 and was supposed to go home the day after. I ended up with an infection from the Foley catheter. The surgery pain was nothing I was prepared for either. I asked my nurse what in the world would possess me to do this to my body. She gave me a hug and said I made the right decision. I would have to agree even though today I am having a difficult time after having tuna salad and vomiting because it didn't settle well. Trust me when I say we are doing something amazing! This too shall pass. Keep your head up and keep smiling. In the end it will be worth it. Hugs to you!

I think we all feel like that at one time or the other. Last week as I was transitioning to soft foods, I drank some skim milk and got so sick I was in bed all day.I thought I was going to die and wanted to! I sure asked myself what the hell did I do to myself getting this surgery, am I going to be sick all the time etc.

But in my sane moments I know I made the right decisions long term, although it might be a bumpy ride overall, due to surgery pain and food intolerance, this too shall pass.

I'm 6 weeks out and lost 50 pds but I still feel like that sometimes. Sometimes I have good days where I don't vomit and not as depressed then have other days that just suck. It's getting better though. I have a post nasal drip problem so I have a lot of mucus. My doctor gave me something to help with that. I know it's unpleasant. Hang in there it will get better.

I'm 6 weeks out and have only lost 14 pounds! I'm not at the point where I can say I'm glad I've done it and I'm not really sick. It's just you do all this to your body and barely eat and I'm not loosing!!!! Crap!

I too feel like this often! I'm 1 month post op RNY and I'm still in the hospital since Nov 5th. I had terrible complications first with a tear and then with a bleed. I thought I was going to die for both, especially the bleed. They had to completely open me up and now I have a vacuum therapy covering my wound to cray new, thick granulation tissue over my bowel and then a skin graft may be eminent. I am, for the most part, I'm pretty fregging positive but there are days that I wish i could hit the reset button for sure! I was unable to eat or drink anything by mouth for 1 month and I gained so much Water from IV's and 2 blood transfusions. But I'm happy to report that I lost 56 lbs since nov.19th.. That's crazy but I'll take it.

All that to say is that even with the weight loss, I have moments of doubt. i change that around that this is what life has dealt me and I'm going to damn well succeed. Some how..

Shelly

My surgery was December 2nd. I should have been out on Thursday the 4th. My bowels would not wake up...I could not pass gas. I walked my rear off. I fought hard too. Friday the 5th I decided enough is enough and would walk til I could not go anymore, take a short break and walk again. Still no gas coming out. By 430 I was having projectile vomit, my IV wouldn't support a drip and I was so dehydrated they couldn't get any others to go....after and this # is accurate I counted 24 sticks from various people a guy came in and got one on the first try in my foot! It worked. So from 430pm to 12am I was being stuck. Finally exhausted I crashed. The next morning I was slowly passing gas. I was discharged Sunday about 430pm. Had my first post op today. I told them I felt like I just opened my front door to publishers clearning house and they had a check for the rest of my life back along with all the other hoopla. I can tell you I cried several times while in the hospital...said to mulitiple nurses I can't believe I did this to myself. But each of them encouraged me to believe it would get better. I have a full 4 weeks of soft foods, nothing thicker than greek yogurt. When we checked out my hubby under my encouragement went to a Wendy's got himself a burger with cheese meal...the smell doesn't bother me. Just me for now I know there will be challenges but being this overweight has taken away so many options for my life! I feel like I am empowered to take them back!

Thank you all so much for your stories! I have been in and out of the hospital with complications since this post. Most recently I was released last January, the 7th. Thank God for my fiancée and his mother - they have been such a blessing helping me. I started losing my eyesight and i was still vomiting with nausea (and not eating). I did find Protein Drinks I liked (Proti-Diet) which helped. I thought I had a bad post nasal drip, mucous problem, but it turns out that the reflux was causing the nasal drip. I started eating solid food on January 6th after 2 months of no food (requirement of getting out of hospital) and it has really helped. Had my first issue today of eating something and it not setting well. My main problem now is I am staying up all night and sleeping during the day. Also, my body (especially legs) has a very heavy feeling which makes it hard to walk. I have got to start getting the exercise in! I also have ulcers that i am currently taking medication for but I am told the ulcers will heal. Overall, I am feeling better and more optimistic. There were definite dark days, and I am sure there will be some more, but I can see the light - finally. If anyone is still in doubt, don't give up. There will be better days...I promise. For me, I pray hard and envision a brighter future and it is working!

I u spiders rand your frustration brown eyed gal. I am 5 weeks out and only down 18 pounds. I am being told to force myself to eat more because my body is probably i starvation mode. I am getting my Protein in and am getting 500-600 calories a day, sometime a little more. I don't know. As little as we are eating one would think the weight would be falling off. I am grateful that I have not had any complications or nausea though.

I'm still in ICU Had my op on Jan 12 th still can't keep fluids down, feel like hell, full of gas and every time I take a small sip the gas hurts like hell!! Feel so sad!

Oh gosh. This is what I'm scared of. :(. I have one more month of diet documentation and then I should hear back from insurance in the next few weeks or so and then schedule. I'm so nervous because I've been nothing but positive for most of this time and now that I'm like six weeks til scheduling the surgery I'm getting cold feet.

Anyone else have any horror stories? How long should I ask for off work?

How long did it take everyone before they felt "normal" ? How do you know when you are completely healed inside?

At 4 weeks you feel pretty normal. That's how long it takes for the incisions to heal inside and out. Those 4 weeks you have to be very careful and make sure you drink as much as you can or you end up back in the hospital for IV fluids. My doctor said 48 to 64 was the min. I could only do 40oz in the beginning.

Following the medical directions is key. If you are having issues please call your doctor right away and take charge of your health.

I am 11 weeks post Bypass and feel amazing. Was it always easy? No, but I work through all my issues step by step. I have a never give up attitude because let's face it the alternative is not an option.