Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im so sick of passive aggressive people.

Blame it on dealing with life without food numbness, but my tolerance for BS seems to be at an all time low right now.

Getting crap from my mother who expects me to live in her head. I had the audacity to have my Saturday planned with my friend after my morning dental appointment, and didn't know she was thinking (not saying, just thinking) of asking me to run to the mall for her before a candy sale ended at one pm today. This was at noon today. She's openly hostile and accusing me of never helping her. Good God.

Getting crap from the not-soon-enough-to-be-ex who's texting me again because he's pissed that some mail addressed to both of us actually got forwarded to my new address and he couldn't intercept it and hold it hostage. What part of "no contact" does a narcissist not get? Oh yeah, all of it.

Getting a FB message from one of his friends who decided to scold me for not attending his recent anniversary party with my husband (are you f-ing kidding me?).

There's more, but suffice it to say I feel like a s)&t magnet this week.

I went out last night to a political banquet and had a blast. It was something I could never do in my marriage because NSETBEx was a member of the "other" party, and ridiculed every opinion and decision I ever made. It was so refreshing to be in a room full of intelligent people who shared my world views.

Today and tonight I am celebrating Christmas with my best friend. One of the only people in my life who remains bull$:!@ free.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by JustWatchMe

... sounds toxic to me.

The best advice I got from a close friend was to use short firm answers, don't explain yourself, don't justify your decisions, just be firm and confident. Eventually they get the message. Big hugs...

Edited by islandsneezer

Congratulations on your surgery and your pending divorce. The peace of mind you get will be priceless. I got a divorce in 2005 and had to move very far away out of his lazy zone to get him and his family off my back.

Sounds to me like you are coming out of chrysalis and becoming the beautiful butterfly you were intended to be......

Between 2005 and 2007 I eliminated several family members and friends from my life. Now I enjoy calm peaceful days and nights! I don't wish any of them ill. I just don't wish them in my life.

candy sale, lol. Come on Mum, really?

Meanwhile, so glad you got out and had some fun -- and kicking off the holiday season with a good friend, yippee!

At this time of year I feel everything ramping up around me and I know I have to work extra hard to stay grounded. Now that I don't anchor myself with food anymore this means more exercise, more breathing, more straight-talking in my head and to others. Clarity is not always popular but the payoff later is great. I feel like I'm sifting out what doesn't belong in my life anymore. Letting go.

You sound like you got it goin' on, sister. You are right to have a low tolerance for that BS. It sounds to me like have hit the nail on the head with all of it. Doesn't it make you wonder why we ever put up with it before? Weight loss is a strange phenomenon in that way - make us feel more powerful and in control of ourselves. Maybe we like ourselves better, so we won't work so hard for other's approval. Maybe we have more self respect, and start to demand respect from others. I think that's hard for the people in our lives, when we change the rules we've always live by when dealing with them. The one's worth keeping will accept and support that change, and the others ones.....well, you know know what to do with them ;)

your ability to recognize these things for what they are is a true inspiration!

I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this, but I also am inspired by your unwillingness to be "a good girl" and just let it happen. Taking care of yourself is your chief responsibility. Letting people dump all over you, or try to sabotage your success, is not being nice, it's being a doormat.

The good thing about divorce is that it's a new beginning. You are on your way to a new life. Make it fabulous.

A while back I came across this quote..and I have made it one of my life's motto's.

What you allow is what will continue.

So good for you for not allowing these things to ruin your day, or night or your life. We all get tied up into other people's BS now and again and that's all part of our connection, but when it becomes uncomfortable we have the right to put a stop to it :)

I have to remind myself of that far too often!!

I hear you, before I "had a life". My family expected me to be doing nothing all weekend long and that I needed to spend the day taking care of their "someone else can do lists".

When I started dating hubby, and one of the first times he slept over, my phone started ringing, I said its either my mother or sister and sure enough it was mom. and several minutes later it was my sister.

It took them awhile to understand that I was not at their disposal any longer and I can honestly say that I was at fault for allowing myself to be taken advantage of.

It's a sad assumption and may it be true or not, that big people have no life. This weekend I exercised so much, my little heart is pounding, (I'm eating Peanut Butter for protein) .

Live life my friend.

This is all so true. I think it comes from the feeling of self control we now have over our bodies. I've instituted a strict No Drama policy in my life.

I so love that motto, "What you allow is what will continue." (Thanks, lisacaron!)

Life is too short, and I'm finally ready to live it in low-cut jeans, so back off, all you psychic vampires!