Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 11/3/14, so I am 4 weeks out today. I am having just a terrible time with everything! Don't get me wrong, I am still so, so happy that I did this because the alternative of continuing on the road I was on before surgery is unacceptable. I guess I'm just hoping to hear that you've all been through these same things and it will all be ok. Here's a list of my woes........

1. I stay nauseated almost all the time unless I just don't eat or drink anything. That would be fine with me, but I start getting weak and dizzy, and I don't want to get dehydrated and end up in the hospital.

2. I stay constipated ALL the time! I won't give any more details than that because I know you all have been there and know what I'm talking about.

3. I'm supposed to be on soft foods and purees, but nothing I've tried tastes good to me at all and most food hurts my tummy. The only thing I have found that doesn't hurt, of course, is instant mashed potatoes, which is super high in carbs and low/no Protein.< /p>

4. I have gotten so sick of Protein Shakes that they make me gag, and even my GENEPRO added to Decaf coffee is beginning to make me gag, so I'm not getting my protein in.

5. I'm only getting about half my fluids in (see #1 of this list).

If one of you is my fairy godmother, please wave your wand and make it all better. Otherwise, any words of wisdom you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

key thing is fluids. I found Water to be very irritating early on - herbal warm tea was my saviour for months on that topic.

On the topic of Protein drinks - sorry to sound mean, but that is a bit of "suck it up buttercup" topic. If anyone thinks i would RATHER drink a Premier Protein over just about anything else they are crazy. I did rather like losing 160#, so it was worth it. I understand that Protein Drinks are horrid. I really really do.

The important thing to know is that the early weeks suck big time, but it does get better. Stay hydrated...sip, sip, sip. Hang in there, you will be fine!

I agree with CowgirlJane. You just have to suck it up for awhile. I've learned to appreciate over time what the Protein Shakes are doing for my weight loss and overall health. I had to go without my usual Protein Shake for 4 days because the shipment was late and I started to experience dizziness whenever I stood up to quickly. As for Constipation, I still only go once a week even with Benefiber.

I'm glad you mentioned the mash potatoes. It amazes me how many people eat that stuff during their puree/soft food phase. My nutritionist put potatoes on the "never eat" list because of the amount of carbs.

It does get much better as time goes on. Those annoyances you listed become minimulized as you reap in the rewards of losing weight and feeling healthy. My skin has cleared up and I have a beautiful set of fingernails. I've never in my life had long fingernails due to blood sugar problems and a Vitamin deficiency. Try to be patient and stay positive!

I am pretty much going to agree with CowgirlJane & WL Warrier..keep plugging along, it does get better. You already know how important it is to stay hydrated--you have to find what works for you. If cold drinks don't sit well, try warm. Next week (or even tomorrow) you may only tolerate the opposite. If at this point mashed potatoes are all you can manage, try mixing some unflavored Protein powder or some greek yogurt into it for added Protein. Un jury makes a chicken Soup Protein Powder that mixes nicely as well.

Good luck & keep us posted - you'll do great!!