Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name something strange and super unhealthy that you used to eat before weight loss

I use to mix Frosted Flakes with my Homemade vanilla Blue Bell ice cream. It was super yummy to me. :blush: :blush:

Very creative and I would not all be surprised to see Frosted Flakes on a sundae topping bar

Any kind of ice cream. I would have Blizzards for lunch and eat out of the bucket after supper. Could eat at least a bucket a week. I was all about the sugar- cake, Cookies, Cereal with sugar on it....I agree with the sugar addiction stuff. I am afraid that one bite might make me want to eat it again. Fortunately I no longer like the taste of ice cream. Thank you to my Surgeon!

I did Whole30 in the Spring and I was shocked to learn that I had a sugar addiction/craving. It was 28 days solid of craving something sweet, even though I have eaten very healthy for years. It turns out my daily whey Protein drinks were full of artificial sugars that my body was addicted to, as well as the artificial sugar in my many cups of coffee daily. So I said buh-bye to them. I don't use dairy or any added sweeteners nowadays -- aside from once in a great blue moon some real maple Syrup on my Paleo pancake or an occasional piece of dark chocolate. I even read food labels and avoid anything with added sugars (and mostly I eat fresh food not packaged food).

Dipping the rectangles of a Hershey bar into Jiffy. Anything involving Peanut Butter and I loved it so much that it was one of the only foods I worried about never tasting again! Now I add PB2 to Protein Shakes and it gives me the flavor without the fat!

@@Gingerisgreat Oh, thats a good one. I used to take a spoonful of peanut butter and dip it in nestle toll house milk chocolate chips. Lick, swallow, repeat. My mom never let candy in the house when I was a kid, so this is how I got my sweets and a habit that followed me well into adulthood. After surgery I did PB2 until I hit goal. Now I eat a couple teaspoons of Skippy Natural Super Chunk peanut butter pretty much every day. (Minus the chocolate chips, though) ????

Edited by Kindle

Saw this in a Big King (aka Burger King) in Australia: woman with waffles, Syrup and soft serve ice cream. She took the ice cream, plopped it into the waffle, rolled it, drenched it in syrup and ate it before the waffle could melt the ice cream. I thought....man that looks really good!

I haven't tried it but I'm sure it's tasty!

I was just thinking about my love. I loved French toast with melted butter and powered sugar. oh man. I bought some white bread for the family to make turkey sandwiches with but there were a few pieces left and this was where my mind went to. no one home, I almost did but man I didn't want to see how high my bs would go. so I was good.

Along the Peanut Butter thread.... Peanut Butter, Bologna and Swiss cheese sandwiches. OR Peanut butter and Bacon sanwiches... yum!!!!

Two of my favorite late-night Snacks -

1. 3 Hot dogs slathered in salt and mayonnaise...REAL mayonnaise!
  2. When I was 'dieting', I switched to having 4 icing-covered honey-buns, and washed it down with a 2-liter bottle of diet soda - the diet soda was supposed to cancel out the 2400 calories from the 4 honey-buns!!

It's a miracle I survived long enough to even have the surgery!

I'll bet there are lots of people who would eat PB and Bacon sandwiches. After all, if they eat bacon donuts...

Along the Peanut Butter thread.... Peanut Butter, Bologna and Swiss cheese sandwiches. OR Peanut butter and Bacon sanwiches... yum!!!!

BACON DONUTS?????? missed that post. :P

I'll bet there are lots of people who would eat PB and Bacon sandwiches. After all, if they eat bacon donuts...

Well, if we are what we eat, then I must be fast, cheap, and easy!

Any potato chip and an entire container of dip. Or horseradish/cheddar "pub cheese". I could eat that on a spoon.

I used to mix butter and white sugar together and eat it with a spoon. I'd usually just make a small amount, and then sometimes go back for seconds. Ugh!! And Coffeemate Creamer powder, by itself. Looking at what we were all drawn to really shows there is a neurological or chemical connection here ... Fats and sugar, fats and sugar. I haven't seen any posts about spinach or tangerines, haha. It's funny, although I am no longer drawn to the butter/sugar thing, I can still "feel" the euphoria I felt eating it at the time.

As a kid I ate several white bread and Miracle Whip sandwiches. I could eat a dozen scrambled eggs. I remember asking the babysitter to make eggs for my brother and me and she made a dozen and we (mostly I) wiped them out. I often finished his food when he didn't want it.

As an adult I would sit in front of the tv with a giant bowl of Cereal and milk or half and half. Half a box gone in a sitting. Usually Corn Chex.

I would dip bread in the grease from fried pork chops.

But the all time winner is that every year of my adult life until WLS, I would roast the Thanksgiving turkey for my family and when nobody was looking, I ate every inch of crispy skin off of a 20-pound bird by myself.

I see a pattern here.

This. This is food addiction.