Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reeburgdon,

I am sorry you haven't gotten any responses. This is a good place to get support. Many times I don't post but do read what others have posted. I think a lot of people do that.

There are some great folks on here and I'm sure you will meet some of them.:(

Congrats on your surgery date!:clap2: I know how excited I was when I was scheduled! Good luck to you & keep me posted!:)

I'm just curious as to why no one will communicate with me on this forum. I joined back in September and the only way anyone will respond to anything I say is if I directly send them a personal message. I even contacted the moderator to find out if everyone can see my postings...apparently they can.<br /> <br /> I stopped posting for awhile and just kept up with everything and then started back posting and still no one responds to me. They will reply to posts after me but never to me. I thought for sure when I posted today that I had a surgery date that someone would at least offer a congratulations...but no. They did however offer congratulations and support to others in the similar situation and after mine.<br /> <br /> I'm not looking for any sympathy, I don't know what I want, I guess I just thought that I would receive some support. From now on I guess I'll just keep up with everyone's progress and new information.

Heck ya. I'm still in my same pants size since my surgery (nov 10 06) . Although they are finally looser. I'm a slow loser but I'm not gonna stress on it. I'm down 33 lbs so far now. It's a 2 year process and I figure once it's gone it's not coming back. Least that's what I'm hoping for.

kjojojr, I was banded 11/28/06 down 33 lbs as well~ same pants but loser~ glad they are loser than before~ but six months and only 33 lbs..

my sister had this done and lot 29 lbs her first month... I guess that's why i'm frustrated.. b/c i see her and she's lost 102 lbs...I guess that I should pray for patience too~ have a great day!

Okay, you had your surgery yesterday I believe, so how are you doing?

The one thing I was wasn't expecting was the pain, everyone said it was a piece of cake, and then I woke up from surgery and felt PAIN. I also had to spend the night in the hospital and it took me a good 10 days for my port side to quit hurting. I hope you are one of the ones that can say "it was a piece of cake".

Keep us updated on how your doing.......

and CHICKIE.................. I do like your posts and your pics are SOOOOO inspirational, but I don't like exercise, BUT I KNOW I WILL LEARN TO LIKE IT EVENTUALLY LOL

My advice to all people in this same situation.. is just to POST, POST, POST!

I agree, I like Chickie's post too! I am total agreement with her, exercise, and make the right food choices! I've found the same responses, people do not want to hear the word exercise! But all the books I read about lap band say the same thing, you must exercise! So, I exercise, and try and make the right food choices.

Tracy, I like your signature too, you can really see the changes in your face, your doing great! And you will learn to like exercise, I hated it too! but the best advice I got was "fake it, until you make it".....so I did. I went to the gym and half heartedly walked on the treadmill hating every minute of it and forced myself to do 10 lousy minutes, then moved to 15 or 20, and now doing at least 30 min or 45, and lift weights now, and I turly like my exercise. I crave it! I can't live without it! So, If I can learn to like exercise, I think anyone can! LOL.

Congrats on your band! You are now on the other side, hope all went well and you are on the mend!

Sunshine,

I agree with you on the exercise thing. Yesterday, as I was dripping in sweat, I told my husband, "I can not believe that I am addicted to exercise" I love to feel the muscles burn and I love to sweat. Now every day when I first start out on my cardio my body goes "ugh, not this again" but once I get that first hard 5 minutes in - the rest is a piece of cake.

Now, that being said, I am not seeing the weight loss that I wish I was but the inches are coming off really well. I keep trying to not be a slave to the scale, but those 30 or so years of habit are hard to break.

I hope our new band buddy is doing okay after her surgery and will report back to us soon.

Have a great day everyone,