Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just curious as to why no one will communicate with me on this forum. I joined back in September and the only way anyone will respond to anything I say is if I directly send them a personal message. I even contacted the moderator to find out if everyone can see my postings...apparently they can.<br /> <br /> I stopped posting for awhile and just kept up with everything and then started back posting and still no one responds to me. They will reply to posts after me but never to me. I thought for sure when I posted today that I had a surgery date that someone would at least offer a congratulations...but no. They did however offer congratulations and support to others in the similar situation and after mine.<br /> <br /> I'm not looking for any sympathy, I don't know what I want, I guess I just thought that I would receive some support. From now on I guess I'll just keep up with everyone's progress and new information.

I don't believe I've seen any of your posts before, and I'm sorry you're feeling left out. Congrats on getting a surgery date.

I'm bumping this thread, so maybe you'll get more responses.

Hi Sheree,

It often seems that people are not being responsive, but over time and as you post more you will definitely get into conversations. It might just take a little persistence. Keep at it! :biggrin1:

Sheree,

Don't take a lack of response personally, we are all in the same boat! I too have had those "what did I say?" moments, and for a while I felt like a thread killer. The rule of "give what you want to receive" works well for these forums. It feels really good to give others support as you go on your own journey to good health. Soon people will get to know you and you will be on the receiving end of support too!

Good luck!

I haven't been around much lately and haven't noticed your posts before. Congrats on getting a date and good luck on your journey!

I hope to *see* you around more. Unfortunately, I am only here sporadically when I get a free moment at work.

I think it's great that you posted this thread instead of just slipping away with hurt feelings. Way to go on that!

Aside from that question, though, I really think it was just a matter of slipping through the cracks. I don't know why it happened to you this much, but I feel quite sure it was not personal. Everyone seems genuinely interested in supporting each other here and I feel pretty sure that this unlucky pattern you've have will not continue.

Welcome, and thanks for posting your concerns.

Sheree..

I checked your recent posts and you had responses for every one!! Are you sure you're checking?? You posted about your surgery date today and you have had several responses to that post.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery and I hope all goes well for you!!

I have been here since 2005, and at times I wonder if I am being ignored (But I realise it's my rather unpopular "you have to eat right and exercise, and not rely on restriction and starvation" opinion that gets me into trouble around here, that and having been at goal for some time. Once the struggle is over, it appears you are no longer one of the "team" and there is little room for you, your opinions, or advice. People only want to hear from someone who is where they are now, not people who have been there and done that. Blind leading the blind sorta thing.)

*Shurgs* Just jump in there, either you will find a clique, or, you will end up one of the fringe dwellers. Fringe dwelling is not so bad... I kind of enjoy it.

You look so great, I've been following your postings and progress.

Everyone, I really do appreciate you, but I truly thought no one would even see this post. I didn't mean to make anyone feel obligated or bad, I was just down and that was how I vented.

I've learned a lot through all of your experiences.

So, thank you all because at least now I know you guys can see me which solves that mystery, but I'm ok.

I'm sorry I guess I didn't see your post, I do try to respond to all the new people. My advise to you is just keep posting and pretty soon everyone will know you and you'll have lots of friends!