Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello all my lovely lucky 7's. Finally got a minute on the computer and had to check in. My sons laptop went on the blink so he has been using mine ALOT lately to play some game on line. :scared2: LOL Not a big deal at least I know where he is and what he is doing. He is really a home body and I don't mind him being on here but he is limited. He can be on so long and then I make him get off for a while because we went through a period where he wanted to do nothing but play that game and then when I would tell him to get off he would get angry and mouthy. Fixed that by taking the whole thing away for a week and let me tell you.....he definately responds very well now when he is told it is time to give it a break because he knows that I will take it away again. Such a mean mom aren't I?!

I have 2 tattoos. 1 is just a VERY small homemade tattoo of a heart of the inside of my left ankle. It is really low and you can not see it unless I take my socks off. That was a rebellion thing towards my parents when I was a very young teen. The other is on the outside of my right ankle and it was done professionally. It is sleeping moon with a night cap on. Really cute. I got it when I was 18. Lately I have also been thinking of getting another tattoo but I don't know what I want. I want something with my 2 kids entwined in it I think. Just haven't really made any decision on what or where I want to put it.

The nose piercing is another thing I want but haven't done. My daughter has hers done and my sister and I went shopping a while back and I paid for her to get hers done and then I didn't do it. I am not afraid of it I don't know what it is. I am so afraid that they will not put it in in the right place and it will look dumb though. LOL:tt2:

The potluck yesterday went fine. I did not even eat ANY Desserts so I didn't use Phyl's 3 bite rule. I actually ate ok things. I was really disappointed and ASTONISHED at the same time though. I never realized how many people bring desserts and fatty not good for you foods to these things. I was just nuts!!!! Then after we have been eating and visiting for about 45 minutes the director anounces 'everyone get another plate we have LOTS of food." I thought to myself 'like anyone needs to go back after all the food we were offered and most ate to much of on their first and second plates.' I feel awful when I think or say things like that because I was never aware before but my light bulb has gone off and it is VERY bright now so I am always thinking of this.

Ok sorry I ended the above post so abruptly but this little screen popped up saying that something happened and my page was going to shut down in 15 seconds and I didn't want to lose what I have already typed so I posted fast. WHEW I didn't lose it.

Anyway, not the greatest day here in Iowa but it was ok so I walked outside. Got my exercise in and think if it stays like this (it is getting more springy here) then I will go to the gym during the day and walk at home at night. I don't think I am going to change my exercise challenge for next month though because I don't want to over stretch to much and end up not meeting it.

We are having this benefit walk at work. We got our packets yesterday. They do this every year but the previous years I have not been involved. (should have been) Anyway if we want to do this we can go to family and friends and ask them to pledge any amount they want for me to walk. They do not pledge so much per mile but just a whole for the distance I walk. We can choose between a 3 mile walk or a 10. I came home and was talking to hubby and I haven't made up my mind just yet but I THINK I might try to 10 mile. DH said he would go with me and walk it with me. I walk 4-5 miles on the treadmill at the gym at a time so I think I could do this. I don't know though. I asked my in laws to plege and told them that I will be at least doing 3 miles but haven't totally committed to the 10 miles. I am kind of afraid that I jsut won't be able to do it. I don't know. I have another month to decide though. The other thing is I don't know what the weather in Iowa will be that day so I maybe will just go to the gym in the morning that day and then do the 3 miles that afternoon. Heres the dumbest part of all of this imho. When we are finished with the walk they will be serving.......walking taco's, brats, hot dogs and chips!! WHERE IS THE FREAKIN SUBWAY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!! HAHA

Well I better get. I am going to read a while and watch TV. Got the whole house cleaned this morning before I did my walking so I could have the rest of the day for whatever I wanted to do.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!!

Maybe I'll get a sun

AND

a palm tree

AND

a diamond in my nose!!!

:tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1:

Phyl it's on page A16 :scared2: Your DH would just love that wouldn't he :wink::lol:

Hey Kristen - I to am headed for the couch - I showered dressed and to go get a nair repair :eek: just had then done yesterday - but somehow a corner broke.. Did that and stopped at rite aide need some reading spec and great NSV - I bought 2 little sundresses $9.99 each for around the house - haven't done that in years - they usually don't carry plus sizes..

Oh ya - confession too - but remember it's my Breakfast & lunch - I had a rocky road single dip ice cream cone :tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2: about 270 calorie so that's not too bad since that is all i have eaten today:lol::sad::lol: and i never made it to the gym either - bad lazy girl :mad: but tomorrow is training day so I will be there for sure :sad:

Jackie - they (the piercers) know what they are doing and where to put it. So maybe i will talk you into it when we are in MN :lol::lol:

Yep food and people pigging you - what can we say - ya we use to be just like them - and tons heavier - now we are smart and tons lighter:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok i think I am off to the couch - and see what's on the boob tube and reading...

So will ck back later -

270 cals? well spent I'd say.... I am sure you thoroughly enjoyed your treat. And if I know you, you'll leave it at that, just a treat. You are remarkably strong and focused...

hummmm, tattoo - well I;m still contemplating... it would involve pain right? And my tummy is tender and bruised today.... Perhaps I'll get a single ear peircing while in Mn. on OUR trip.

I could maybe afford ONE diamond chip hee,hee,hee...

Bah! You are not a mean Mom.. You are teaching him time management skills and the importance of Sharing!!!

Janet; I had your FISH last night... Haddock, it was quite good however I did feel hungry again in a few hours... Does this ever happen to you?

So I managed to not do any school work all week so for the last three hours I have been working like a dog making sure that I am ready for next week. I only have to work 4 days next week too as I have my PS consult on Friday. Oh yeah and then I am getting married on Saturday! No I am not like my band mommy when it comes to piercings, tatoos or jewelry, or shopping for that matter! Oh well we have enough in common to still be mom and daughter. I don't have any tattoos, I had my ears pierced but they have long since closed I am sure. Can't tell you the last time I had earrings in!

So mommy I won't yell at you about your ice cream cone if you don't yell at me about my bag of popcorn (not the 100 calorie bag: YIKES!) I am still within my calories so I am fine and my nutritionist does want me getting more starches/fiber. Yes I did have a waffle yesterday for breakfast but it was a chore getting it down. I am still pretty tight in the morning. BIZARRE I tell you considering that I have less in now than I did when I went in for the last fill.

So I had a bad day yesterday (Not food wise, just mentally). My body is a wreck. We all know about my tummy which is getting fixed, but my boobs and arms are getting worse by the day. TOO MUCH INFORMATION COMING!!! So we were doing "horizontal exercises" yesterday and I seriously started crying in the middle because my arms and boobs were so bad. That does nothing for the mood, but I couldn't help it. If money wasn't tight right now I would have them throw in a breast lift, but I just don't think it is going to be in the budget. I guess I will ask at the consult.

Well I should probably leave here shortly so that I can have dinner at a somewhat decent hour. I am going to go to the gym as soon as I finish here. Perhaps that is why this is such a long post...procrastination!!

270 cals? well spent I'd say.... I am sure you thoroughly enjoyed your treat. And if I know you, you'll leave it at that, just a treat. You are remarkably strong and focused...

hummmm, tattoo - well I;m still contemplating... it would involve pain right? And my tummy is tender and bruised today.... Perhaps I'll get a single ear peircing while in Mn. on OUR trip.

I could maybe afford ONE diamond chip hee,hee,hee...

Peaches Your ears aren't pierced???? OMW - I have 3 holes in each the top 2 have princess cut diamonds - hoops in the bottom ones... Ok we are getting your ears pierced !!!

Yep - it really didn't bother me - I didn't feel like I was cheating - it was like 1:30 ish and I hadn't eaten - was hungry - had thought about getting a taco after getting my nail fixed - but I really hate eating alone in a restaurant - and if I keep busy then the hunger goes away.. But looked at it walked away bought my stuff and went back - One scoop is what a normal person would have on a Sunday afternoon - Heck previously I would have bought half a gallon a box of cones and had 3 one right after another and they would have all been triple scoops..

So no I have no guilt - I did a normal thing - just like what skinny people do - 1 scoop every now and then.. Not a cheat but a treat and I will budget my calories accordingly ... I am pretty focused as you say - but truly coming here ever few hours is what i think really helps keep me focused. Also I really am loving how I look - it is such a transformation.

Janet; I had your FISH last night... Haddock, it was quite good however I did feel hungry again in a few hours... Does this ever happen to you?

Yep - I am ususally hungry later - but truly I think sometimes it's more mental than physical - but thats when I eat my 100 calorie popcorn - as you all know I budge my snack calories (am allowed by my doc as long as heathly) for nite time - 300 calories after dinner - I don't always eat all 300 but some nights I do -

I am ok as long as I don't start eating but once i do - i want to keep eating - I was this way prior to bandiing and still am to a degrees - especially if I am just sitting in the house..

So I managed to not do any school work all week so for the last three hours I have been working like a dog making sure that I am ready for next week. I only have to work 4 days next week too as I have my PS consult on Friday. Oh yeah and then I am getting married on Saturday! No I am not like my band mommy when it comes to piercings, tatoos or jewelry, or shopping for that matter! Oh well we have enough in common to still be mom and daughter. I don't have any tattoos, I had my ears pierced but they have long since closed I am sure. Can't tell you the last time I had earrings in!

So mommy I won't yell at you about your ice cream cone if you don't yell at me about my bag of popcorn (not the 100 calorie bag: YIKES!) I am still within my calories so I am fine and my nutritionist does want me getting more starches/fiber. Yes I did have a waffle yesterday for breakfast but it was a chore getting it down. I am still pretty tight in the morning. BIZARRE I tell you considering that I have less in now than I did when I went in for the last fill.

So I had a bad day yesterday (Not food wise, just mentally). My body is a wreck. We all know about my tummy which is getting fixed, but my boobs and arms are getting worse by the day. TOO MUCH INFORMATION COMING!!! So we were doing "horizontal exercises" yesterday and I seriously started crying in the middle because my arms and boobs were so bad. That does nothing for the mood, but I couldn't help it. If money wasn't tight right now I would have them throw in a breast lift, but I just don't think it is going to be in the budget. I guess I will ask at the consult.

Well I should probably leave here shortly so that I can have dinner at a somewhat decent hour. I am going to go to the gym as soon as I finish here. Perhaps that is why this is such a long post...procrastination!!

Karri

I would never yell at you for your starches - imho you need more :tt1:- I have wanted to yell at you before for being so strict about your Atkins - imho it's not good for your body - you need a little bit of all kinds of food - but thats my phlyisophy (sp) and I can't push how I think on you - I am a firm beleiver in live and let live - we might not agree 100% of the time - but so what - that's why we are individuals and not robots :cursing:

Body issues - I can TOTALLY relate.... here we lose all this weight and still look ugly... When I am looking at myself - with my very critical eye - the legs and tummy aren't great but not super bad - a bra takes care of the girls - but the ARMS... OMW they are really really bugging me they are so ugly - I am attaching a picture - I really really am going to look into getting them fixed - I have this thing about scars - to me they are just as ugly as the fat - but I can't stand them -... Also - i am a big baby - I am concern about the pain - drains - compression stuff.. we will see - but yesterday tried on a top - and it was too tight in the arms - fit everywhere else - but not the arms...

Karri - sometimes the will give you a deal if they are doing more than one thing i think - well lets see how this picture turned out..

ok below the words is just saggy skin & fat - that no matter how much exercise I do - won't go away just like karri's tummy

Edited by IndioGirl55
pic didn't come thru

Janet, Except for the freckles (due to living in S. Cal., I'm sure!) thoes could be MY arms! We are going to have to have a contest when we get to MN as to who has the worst arms!

Janet, Except for the freckles (due to living in S. Cal., I'm sure!) thoes could be MY arms! We are going to have to have a contest when we get to MN as to who has the worst arms!

Ok you are on :cursing:- at least we aren't alone in this sag and bag issue - even the younger ones are having it too - So I guess I need to quit complaining - but it is was i dislike the most - somedays more than others..

I know, but it doesn't bother me as much because 1. My belly is worse and 2. I can wear sleeves most of the year. It's sad that we will never be able to have our 20-something bodies back. I wish I had appreciated it more then! Maybe someday I'll feel the same way about a 50-something body?

I know, but it doesn't bother me as much because 1. My belly is worse and 2. I can wear sleeves most of the year. It's sad that we will never be able to have our 20-something bodies back. I wish I had appreciated it more then! Maybe someday I'll feel the same way about a 50-something body?

I am lucky my tummy isn't too bad - but I totally get the "didn't appreciate the bodies we had in out 20's" I was 120 and omw if I knew what I know now and had the body I had then - WATCH OUT WORLD..

but you know what I saw this guy I had dated (I was a groupie he was in a band :tt1:) after I had gained like 60 lbs - he said "omw what did you do to that great body you had" Do you know that I didn't know I had a great body..:cursing:

I accept that I am not going to look like a 20 yr old - and the majority of my flaws can be covered up - the arms are what can't as much - here in the desert every thing is short - like cap sleeves - dresse are sleeves - tops are sleeveless.

Janet I am with you with the arms. I have those 'bat wings' also. I am really trying to tighten mine up but like I said before they are there. I have the problem alot with things fitting great all over but to tight in the arms. UUUGGHHHHHHHHHHH:scared2:

The sleeve length you see in all of my pics is the length that I usually wear year round. It helps some I think.

Yep I can relate. Since we are posting our pictures I thought I would share mine. Janet we have matching arms...only mine have a bit of latina tone to them! Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry, the camera did not want to cooperate!

And mommy I am trying to put more starches in my diet. I just had more starches today than normal. I had some yummy ginger granola with fruit and cream cheese. It was quite tasty. For breakfast I had Cereal and yogurt (protein fortified Kashi GoLean, but it has carbs:tongue2:) Now if only I could figure out what to have for dinner! I have my whole week planned out but I forgot about tonight!!!:cursing:

flabby arms.bmp